Reviews for Jack of All Trades
ourchainsarebroken chapter 8 . 1/9/2012
I enjoyed this story very much. I don't read sci-fi, but I had to do some research for a one-shot and that story happens to be sci-fi. Anyway, I read your profile and, after reading this story, I can tell that you are a big fan of fairy tales. My favorite has to be the Brained part. The plot reminded me of "Secret Garden" with technology. I also looked forward to Ishmael's introduction in the different "sub-stories". I have to say, he lived up to the title of jack of all trades with all his different occupations. As for improvement, other than a few minor grammatical errors throughout, I'm satisfied with the story as is, and I hope to read more of your stories in the future. Thank you.
Renaissance Phoenix chapter 8 . 1/1/2012
Ooooh, okay, not as dark as I expected. I'm glad to see the amount of involvement Christian had in the Cafe, it explains a lot as to why the Sturmkonigs were never kicked out. XD Also, it ended at an excellent place. The description of Christian's actions during the accident helped fill in some blanks I had as to how the technology worked, and ending at that precise moment both adds to Christian's characterization and doesn't submit us to a gruesome description of his injuries that might have put people off the story. All in all, a lovely tie in.
TryHardOriginal chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This is really good, even though SCI-FI isn't really my thing (don't ask what I was doing in the section here) but you really have a lot of skill as a writer.
Renaissance Phoenix chapter 7 . 12/30/2011
Oh, dear. A corpse? That's not good. That's not good at all.

This story-and I mean the collection in general, not just the "Fear Itself" portion-seems to be, in general, darker than Anachronism Cafe. Not that that's a bad thing. Just an observation. Now, however, it seems to make the "Brained!" portion seem a bit out of place. It's much lighter in general than the other portions have been, though I did like learning why Brained is the way she is.

Also, Christian's last name is Perrault! I'm not sure if I knew this before or not (it's entirely possible I read it and then just ignored it) but that makes me soooo happy. Is it a reference to Charles Perrault? Please say it is, that would really make my day. I can't wait to read the next bit, though I'm sad it's going to be ending so soon.
Renaissance Phoenix chapter 6 . 12/30/2011
Hmmmmm. Not quite sure what story this is. I know the story "The Red Shoes" but this is really blessedly different from that. I'm glad to see the origins of Ishmael and Milaura, though. I had a feeling she was pretty awesome in the original story, but now I see she downright kicks ass.
Renaissance Phoenix chapter 4 . 12/30/2011
Snow White and Rose Red! Very nice. I really enjoy reading alternate versions of fairy tales and I'm so excited to see this companion to the Anachronism Cafe. )