Reviews for If Not for Hope
Terri-ific chapter 7 . 5/1/2013
I really like this story, and i really wish you would continue it. i am not a huge fan of slash normally, but for whatever reason, i love your stories. i think it's because in the relationships, one of the guys is more like a girl anyway... i don't know. I enjoy the work y'all do!
kiki19857 chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
you are taking long time to update. please update, okay?
R. Ficst chapter 7 . 5/12/2012
ooo funfunfunfunfunnn. I am so excited to read more! Hope to see more soon!
Hanakimi chapter 7 . 2/22/2012
I was thinking about this story on the way to work today. I hope you update soon. And I hope Zosi is the seme. X3
Shadowing The Heart chapter 7 . 1/21/2012
I really enjoyed this chapter. The teasing going on between the two is quite entertaining and enjoyable. And I love how you're including the Patroclos family in this. I can never get enough of them.

Hanakimi again chapter 7 . 1/20/2012
Ugh, my apologies. It seems my phone isn't getting along with fictionpress. Sorry for the double posts!
Hanakimi chapter 7 . 1/19/2012
You have no idea how excited I was to get an early update! Yay!

I think what struck a chord with me this chapter was the comment of Zosimos finding Terri's place too humble for his tastes. That's an ugly, ungrateful, and above all honest reaction that I appreciated. I love the realistic behaviors that your characters display. Can't wait for the next chapter. And Baal's story too! :D
Hanakimi chapter 7 . 1/19/2012
You have no idea how excited I was to get an early update! Yay!

mackenziecullen chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
Wow. Zosimos's character development took a deep turn in this chapter. I mean, I always root for the "underdog" and usually have a sort of fascination with the anti-hero of the story, but...damn.

I was excited when I saw that this story got updated, but then I didn't have a chance to read it. (That's what you get for having a million jobs!)

It's interesting that Zosimos, having revealed (well, somewhat) how powerful he is, did not try to escape before now. There's probably a more in-depth reason to be revealed in the future, but I did find that curious. D

And now I want to see pictures of what the characters look like... Gah.

Also, as I browse through story archives like those found on this site, I'm always surprised that certain writers aren't working for publishing companies already. (There are a few dedicated to yaoi-type stories, drawings, and manga... and they're always looking for people. And then again, their marketing strategies suck.)

You should check out YaoiPress. (They're not great, but they'd make a good stepping stone.) I think you do well enough that, save for the pleasure of sharing with an inner-circle and getting reviews/networking, giving your stuff out for free is... a waste of your talent. P
Shadowing The Heart chapter 6 . 1/8/2012
Yay! Successful escape. I have a feeling that this story is just going to keep getting more and more exciting. And I'm looking forward to seeing how Terri and Zosimos' relationship pans out.

Shadowing The Heart chapter 5 . 1/7/2012
I love how this chapter exposed do much of Zosimos' character. I can't wait to see what you pull out of your hat of tricks next. Just one question. Do the slave collars make the slaves obey commands, or do they just hurt them?

Guest chapter 5 . 1/5/2012
I actually finished this a few days ago, but I didn't have time to leave you a review, so I came back.

Either I'm very nice or very stalker-ish. You'll have to decide.

To be honest, I started reading this in analytic-mode, trying to figure out the angle and the plot, and maybe even what would happen next. But, as fate would have it, I ended up on the edge of my seat doing nothing but absorbing the story as it went on. I even did a most fascinating thing (I think it was hilarious, in retrospect), I kept trying to jump ahead to see "what happened" without reading what was actually happening. I kept having to go back and read the suspenseful parts over again because my brain would go, "AHHH! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!"

I've never done that before.

I was imagining those little chibi cartoons waving their arms hysterically when they get exciting. Yep. That was me. Sha. heh.

And then, of course, it ended and my mouth just opened and refused to shut again. I hate it when a good story ends... ;p

You have an interesting, somewhat disturbing head on your shoulders. Just thought you should know. Ahh. I don't even have any good comments; it's been too many days and the story is so fascinating and fun. Maybe next chapter I'll have something worthwhile to say.

For now, good job.

And now I have to go review the Phoenix story. O
mackenziecullen chapter 2 . 1/3/2012
It's always interesting to read the stories written by those without the limitations imposed by publishers and editors. There's a certain...I wouldn't call it unguided, but perhaps "instinctual" would be the proper word, feel to this story. It's as though you're following a line of creativity that goes wherever it goes, and yet the plot thickens, the characters have individuality, and the story goes on as though you'd written up clever guides to keep everything moving and on track.

By the way, I did so love and respect your introduction of the possibility of supernatural involvement into the story. So often, I feel authors miss the nail on that one.

This story is a breath of fresh air. I like the way it flows. I love your sense of humor.

I had a few thoughts on Terri, though. Not negative; maybe just observations. He seems...young at heart, like someone still in high school without too much of the real world experience that drives the adult population (well, at least those of us who have left high school mentally as well as physically...). I wouldn't call him carefree, but I might call him determined in an unfocused sort of way.

It's interesting how one can and cannot relate to the decisions of a fictional character. I can sympathize with his husband for leaving (I might have; I can only imagine the financial strain and understand how that bleeds into every other aspect of a relationship, like a virus systematically destroying everything good) and yet I have a harder time sympathizing with Terri, despite how much I like him as a character.

And the risks he's willing to take despite the fact of his own unease seems interesting to me in the fact that the driving force doesn't seem to be (or rather, isn't emphasized as) justice or some other definable emotion.

(With that, I'm only on chapter two, here; there's plenty of time to reveal all manner of secrets. His motivations and reasons for pursuing the case may seem obvious to the writer - and yes, they were defined, but in a watery sort of way. Vague isn't necessarily bad; I guess I'm just very curious to see the emotional state of the character in a raw kind of way. Or perhaps I'm expecting a character to be on a sort of reckless bender. Who knows? There is a definite possibility that I am just crazy. Actually, that's more than a possibility...)

Last note: I've always found it fascinating to try to see through the focus of the author. There's a certain tell to who they are by what they put in - and more so by what they leave out. I find the things you focus on and the way the story flows very curious and yet I am enthralled by the story.

(Last note for real this time! I do love this story; so don't take any of this the wrong way. I just like sharing my thoughts from the perspective of the reader. We all want and expect different things from what we read. Sometimes, we are pleasantly surprised to find that ... in a good story ... sometimes all that matters is the story the author is telling. ] )
Hanakimi chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Daww, sorry to have frustrated you. My apologies m(_ _)m

This was a wild ride of a chapter. I feel exhausted after reading. Zosimos is a twisted fuck but seems to be a pretty complicated person at the same time. I look forward to finding out more about him.

I was impressed at how flawed and human Terri was in this chapter. Bravo.

Now I have something to look forward to on Sundays! X3
mackenziecullen chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
You know, when I clicked on this, I was worried the content wouldn't be quite as good as the hook led me to believe. (What? I like detective stories...but when I see M/M, I fear there will be nothing short of - and nothing more than - written hentai.)

But, as fate would have it, I like this story. ]