Reviews for Best Kept Secrets
MAH1 chapter 2 . 11/29/2012
I really love this, hope you'll update!
moon-skittles chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
I'm excited.
The last scene was the best. I was relieved to see Chloe is an intelligent girl, when you could have easily made her a two-dimensional character. Derik's actions are perfect, and completely Derik. And that kiss was damn hot.
Persevera chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
I liked the story of when the boys were younger. Their patterns were established back then, with Derik as the cooler of the two who felt loyalty to Quan, who was willing to put up with quite a bit to keep Derik as a friend.
I like Derik's choosing the panda when Quan wins the prize. The cultural element was a good goad at Quan.
That whole scene was interesting. It's funny how open they can be sometimes when they just can't keep their hands or mouths off of each other.
Kairichin chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
Oh god. This really makes me want to see Quan top Derik now. Dx Pleeeeaaaase let it happen? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase?
GrangerDanger333 chapter 2 . 9/25/2012
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease update? :))))
This is SUUUPER!
rust phoenix chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
Another very well-written chapter. The dialogue between Quan and Derik was excellent, especially the discussion of the boy Derik would harass for being "gay". It showed a dramatic contrast between Derik and Quan's personalities, and built tension very well. The way they are each trying to resolve what they really want, and not knowing whether this is the same thing, is dealt with very well, showing all the emotion involved without delving into melodrama. I look forward to more!
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I really enjoy this story so far. Your characterizations are wonderful, as always. The dialogue between the teenagers was consistently realistic and revealing about their personalities and relationships. The scene where Quan and Derik talk about keeping their secrets was especially effective.

Showing the contrast between ages seven and seventeen was also done well. It was a great way to show Derik's more vulnerable time, and to provide insight into the less obvious parts of his older personality.
KingotheAU chapter 2 . 7/21/2012
Amazing simple amazing, love your writing, love this couple and want more please please please make more soon. These two are just too delicious not to know what happens next. I've read every ficlet about Derik and Quan and can't get enough please update soon. Can't wait to see what happens next and again your awesome. :-)
marginal-utility chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
great writing. I hope you continue this one.
Itsa Mia chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
DAMNIT WHY! I thought these were one shots XDDDD I'm frustrated because I want to read the end already and OH QUAN xD
I have this awkward problem that everytime I try imagining Quan i imagine a very tame, very straight, not remotely physically similar chinese friend of mine, and I crack up a lot xD then I fix how quan looks according to your descriptions and it's a lot better hahaha
MsGirludontknow chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
Oh my god i so totally enjoyed this your a goddess/god i dont know im thinking goddess anyway please update soon i love your writing!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
"...the expression of a man coming face to face with the live offspring of a wild sea otter mated with a flamingo." - awesome
"'Act now on our limited time offer, and in a few minutes, you too could be full of Derik Carter…"' - awesome (made me laugh out loud)
This story - awesome & amazing & I really like it
You - awesome

Thanks for posting again! I was starting to get worried! I really like reading your stories, especially these two characters. Honestly, your one shots are probably among my favorite fictions EVER.
Keep on the AWESOME writing & posting! p
Guest chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
Nooooo why di they always get interrupted? Anyways, thank you for FINALY updating! Jeje awww it must be so frustrating for both of them, but in this one i felt really bad for Quan. I will wait anxiously for your next update of this two characters. Ok on to rereading like for the hundreth time the other quan/derik stories. Thank you. Spendid as always! :D

DawnSister chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
Oh I enjoyed this so much, any kind of Quan and Derik action is good and it was worth the wait believe me.

The way Quan is so much more confident and dominant in this one, and the way Derik was so flustered was amazing.

I love these characters so much. Derik is so in the moment and never thinks of the consequences. I do think, though that that might change soon if this is going the way I think it is going. I could be wrong of course.

Good one, and a bit sad that you say the next chapter will be the last of this short, I did hope, while I was reading this chapter that it might be developing into a longer fic, there's certainly scope for it.

Thanks for sharing it, it was great reading,

einekleineschreiberin chapter 2 . 7/3/2012