Reviews for Pigs Fly
J112011 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Very interesting take on a news story. I bet most people would skip the connection and not give it a second thought. I liked "As obese as their minds! / Hold themselves above mankind!" and laughed at "But there's a bright side! / You said you'd be mine. / When the day arrived, / When pigs can fly!"
Dark Blue Lover chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Yup... it definitely makes its point. May I ask where the pot plants in the summary came from? I admit I can't see the police looking for potted plants... XD

I wouldn't say I'd really agree with you on this point, but you're making a point, and I actually did a double take at the sarcasm at the end. Quite a cynic and effective poem.

Why I disagree? I'm trying to imagine the chaos that would break out around here if there were no security system. I'd agree on something like "the police shouldn't be controlled by the government and just act to preserve impartial law" (impartial being the important term). Definitely, especially if I'm looking at how many people who just want to preserve freedom and peace are imprisoned in quite a number of states. But I don't think you could say this so generally. A lot of faults that are happening aren't quite mistakes the police makes but gaps in the law imo... but that's just my opinion. May I ask if there's any specific background other than potted plants behind this?

Take care,