Reviews for There's Nothing Like You and I
Racer283 chapter 10 . 3/21/2012
Pretty good chapter can't wait to read more of it. Keep up the good work.
DutchAver chapter 10 . 3/2/2012
Megha's story is slowly becoming slightly reminiscent of Cinderella - it's just a supernatural take on a fairytale :3 I love how Nikhil pays the stepsisters and the evil stepmother back. She got what she deserved and I hope the payback will continue a bit longer. I love it D

Are they going to treat Megha better now? Or can she leave the house so she can fend for herself? I'm sure she will be able to.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Did I see that right? Was that note signed 'Mukherjee'? Oh I love it when authors leave little winks to other stories in their story - I believe it was Iemon's last name?

Can't wait for the next chapter :3
DutchAver chapter 9 . 2/4/2012
I had to look back to find out who Lily was: perhaps it would be nice if you'd add that when you're re-introducing her.

It was hard to tell in this chapter what was a flashback and what wasn't - perhaps you should consider putting the flashback in italics?

Why did you have to die, Nikhil/Nikki? This chapter was as tear-jerking as it could be... great job :( I did discover a lot of mistakes, though. You'll find them here.

'This is one of Nikhil's friend' friendS

' this contain: the letters' That colon looks much better if it's a questionmark.

'and now I've you added' How about swapping those last two words? :)

'She's not even related you.' Related TO you

Until next time!
Racer283 chapter 9 . 2/4/2012
Pretty good chapter can't wait to read more of it. Keep up the good work
DutchAver chapter 8 . 2/3/2012
Ah, this is the chapter where everything's explained - I like how you portray God as a young college kid because he's omnipresent, and Nikhil is the most comfortable seeing him this way.

I also like how you show this is all just routine for God - he doesn't seem to be a hundred percent interested in things and I like that. You give him a bit of a human side.

Nikhil himself is funny too, initially not believing he is dead but thinking it was a prank.

I wonder what kind of business Nikhil really has to settle? Update soon, please!

And I hope to hear from you some time soon - you've been very, very quiet from the first moment to the other, like you just vanished off the planet. I'm worried - are you still alive?

I discovered one mistake:

'the face a ten year old girl.' the face OF a...

I am going to put this on Alert, and hope you'll update...
DutchAver chapter 7 . 2/1/2012
I love your plot twist, and I'm surprised that it actually had nothing to do with Nikhil and Megha meeting before, with Nikhil's bike, but one thing I'm wondering about - why didn't they recognize one another at first? You don't forget childhood friends, even if there's been a lot of time. I recognized someone I knew from elementary school straight away just yesterday, and we weren't even nearly as close as Nikhil and Megha.

Other than that little plot hole, well done, I didn't see it coming :) See you next time! One mistake:

'After that wretched women' wretched womAn, singular
DutchAver chapter 6 . 1/27/2012
I think Megha being the only one able to see Nikhil has something to do with the first time they met. I'm a bit puzzled - why does Megha have to go to Nikhil's house to find clues too? Can't Nikhil just do that by himself?

This Rakesh-guy is, presumably, the real love interest? :) Or is there another surprising twist up ahead?

I discovered one mistake:

' "More towards step and sisters."' You mean 'and more towards stepsisters'?

See you next time!
DutchAver chapter 5 . 1/26/2012
This chapter's a bit of a filler - it shows a little of Megha's annoyance to Nikhil, but other than that, not much is really happening. So I guess I'll leave it at here, there's nothing much I can say about this chapter :)

One mistake:

'Megha had grown very tired of Nikhil presence.' Nikhil's presence, you mean
DutchAver chapter 4 . 1/25/2012
Okay. I think you can state that no, I did NOT see this one coming. Nikhil dead? Why is Megha the only one able to see him?

I guess there isn't going to be a romantic couple here, again. Surprise - you fool me every time, it seems.

Megha does react a bit coolly to finding Nikhil in her room, as a ghost. I think I'd freak out - and you could've expanded a bit on the emotion from Nikhil's side too.

Other than that, great chapter, I am still baffled! Can't wait to read more
DutchAver chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
Well, the bond Megha has with her stepsisters doesn't seem to be very good. They're just jealous that she can go to that good university.

Nikhil is the same guy she slapped in the face when he met her on his motorcycle, right? No surprise there. I wonder how they will end up together now. Briefly, I was afraid that Nikhil was going to ask Megha out the moment he met her, since that would've been rushed - fortunately, you avoided that mistake.

Another good chapter! Can't wait for your review response :)
DutchAver chapter 2 . 1/21/2012
I'm a bit worried since you still don't show a sign of life. But I'll just continue reviewing.

Sheila Seth seems like a bit too much of a perfectionist, checking up on Megha like that. From what I can understand, Megha lives with her stepsisters, to whom she is unrelated? And she has three of them? This will surely get interesting.

I don't like the guy on the motor bike, but I should add that I don't like Megha's reaction much either. She overreacts, when the guy tells her she's a kid. I do like her come back, though.

Those two are going to end up together, don't they? Maybe not, though - I remember saying this about Iemon and Sara, and we both know how that ended.

See you later, hope to hear from you!
DutchAver chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
You've been very, very quiet lately. I'm done Beta-ing your story, and I did send you everything back, but I'm not sure whether you got it at all. Please, just respond so that I know if you got it, or if I should send the whole thing again.

Your prologue was good, though a bit short - I understand that you, as a writer, don't want to give away too many things, but this is not giving anything at all, which is a shame. Still, I'm curious to find out more.

I'll see if I can review tomorrow :) Please, let me hear from you!
Racer283 chapter 8 . 1/1/2012
Pretty good chapter can't wait to read more of it. Keep up the good work.
deadkitty1 chapter 8 . 12/30/2011
Ah So that's how it goes. I think you kinda took the easy way out when Nikhil suddenly realized the truth that he's dead and talking to God. God could have done some trick or helped Nikhil realize that he's dead instead of just putting "And then he learned the real truth." I guess I wanted to know 'how' he learned the truth.

It's cool how you portrayed God as taking the image of how you'd see him. That's something to think about. I have a feeling Nikhil might prolong his 'unfinished business' just to stay close to Megha. I guess we'll see. _
deadkitty1 chapter 7 . 12/24/2011
I always pictured Nikhil as an annoying ghost. _ And wow for the big reveal! So the dreams are of him... interesting. I felt sorry that Nikhil has to see how his family members are in morning for him and must shock him into realizing he really is dead.

When there are flashbacks or voices, I'd suggest changing the style to 'italics' to tell the difference like the 'Nikki... save me' stuff. And when flashes of memoirs start to pour through, should Nikhil be in some sort of emotional turmoil? Tears streaking down his face, confused thoughts running through his head, trembling fingers holding the picture of him and Megha. He did just have a revelation & get his memories back of having a huge truck drive over him. It should be pretty traumatizing. So just go deeper into describing what he's feeling since it is in the Hurt/Comfort category.

I like the twists! It's getting good! :)