Reviews for The Side Effects of Forgetting
Elira Winter chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I'm kinda mad at myself for being too much of a lazy butt to read this earlier.

But

omg

seriously

That was extremely tense

I thought Kellan would get together with Nate in the end (which was making me sad because Will is the sweetest) and I wasn't expecting Kellan's memories to come back, but wow.

Fantastic story and you are amazing, as always!
LoriSK chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Thanks!
JDKlaus chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
OMG I absolutely loved this story! Totally adding it to my favorites!
Tinyyellowboxes chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I had trouble thinking of how I was going to write this review and adequately express my appreciation and love for this story without seeming creepy and stalkerish. I now want to read everything you've ever written or will ever write. This was just a really great masterpiece. I loved it. I went without food, a nap and almost class just so I could finish it.

And I can't wait for Nate's sidepiece even though I know it's going to make me cry like a little baby.
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I had my heart in my mouth the whole time Kellan's memory was coming back, thinking Will was somehow implicated in some horrible way- I'm so glad he wasn't- but good job!

You've created great tension between the characters and I love how complex they all are. Though I feel a little sorry for Nate, tbh I wouldn't have minded which way the story went in that regard, I liked both Will and Nate.

Really enjoyed reading this.

Suki .
xfffxfxfx chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I really liked this story. I thought Will was a little boring – right up until the end I thought he was just a plot device to make Nate realize what he wants – but it worked anyways. I guess the whole ending kind of caught me by surprise. I expected more stuff to come out him getting his memory back. The whole amnesia thing didn’t come off as cliché, even though it’s been done to death. I really liked Grace. She seems like a very well realized character, and she was amusing too. I’ll read that sequel you mentioned, when it comes out.
shakes kinder pinguy chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Wonderful read. I loved your characters and the clichés didn't feel like clichés at all. I really enjoyed myself, thank you very much
jaskolka chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
My vocabulary and literary skills are too limited to fully express how much I adored this story. You are an incredible mood setter! The relationship between Will and Kellan was just so tender, so loving that I almost melted. Seriously, ever since the moment Will appeared on the horizon of events I was in a constant "Awww" mode. I would buy his T-shirt - what more can I say? And Grace, oh Grace... what to do about you? Even though I'm a fervent slash believer I would love to read a story with her as the main character. She's so precious, unique, funny! My favourite. Finally, I found Kellan's feelings, confusion and desire to regain his memories very believable. There were no awkward forced moments that would make me go "really b*tch, really?" and huff and puff with annoyance at the illogicality of anyone's actions or behaviour. No cheap drama either.

Oh, and "Magical Dick Cures Amnesia" seems like a splendid title.

...

No, really - it's memorable, eye-catching and unique. No.1;)

And now I'm off to check out your profile and possibly pounce on your other stories!
tell it to the sky chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
i love this. looking forward to the story about Nate, he needs to sort himself out.
0nyx-Rose chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
You are gifted my friend.

That is all.

(P.S. The first title sounded better.)
NioushaXD chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Amazing! You made an amnesia story about young adults falling in love into something original and fun to read. Excellent work. Love the strong female character. Reading this made my day. Thanks.
Vera Dicere chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Looooooooved this story. You hit all the right notes here, despite whatever you think about it being cliched. Kellan's frustration with his lack of memories and how adrift he occasionally seemed to feel because of it was rang very true and made him such a sympathetic character. Part of me still wants some back story about Before Kellan and why he was a dick to Grace and more about his relationship to Nate, but I don't know how you would've really worked that in since we were seeing things from Kellan's perspective. I did like that he came through as basically the same person in his flashback to meeting Will for the first time. Speaking of whom, I absolutely adored Will and his relationship with Kellan (and Grace, such cute sibs!) and the tension at the end about Will not telling Kellan they'd met Before was perfect. And such a nice resolution (though I will absolutely not complain if there is ever more with them, even just snippets).

Basically, LOVE.
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I love this so much I'm leaving a review. I read a shit ton of stories but don't do that very often. I laughed so hard about the thestral and tragic orphan line I actually cried. Cheers for sharing.
Truly Lucy chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Omg i just, AGH. That was like soo goood omg no honestly like my fav character was nate but i just read your story Words and Their Digestion (which was perfection btw) so when Will was introduced to the story i was all like, ughhh i just KNOW where this is going! And, well, the story went. And its still fantabulous but omg you are an amazing author cuz i was all for kellan/nate yet i endured the kellan/will sexiness cuz the storys that frickin good. Srsly, it felt like scalping my pinky finger with a chainsaw when i read it but i still did lol. But im still sad lol cuz nates like, adorable! Haha i just love characters-with-problems like him! (And obvi im biased but he really was just troubled and his former bff wasnt empathazing and and JUST LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE.) Anyway this reviews probably making your eyes bleed from the grammatically-lacking and structally absent swing of it but. Im on my phone lol. So read this like a txt msg:) Its like, 2 am but i had to review cuz aghh! Haha anyway good job, loved it, love YOU and cant wait to see nates pov! (Im speculating he has daddy abuse issues yay! Ooh and pls hook him up with someone. My poor baby!)
Night Innocence chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Beautiful.

My favorite character is actually Nate because of how misunderstood he was and in the end the world just moved on without him. So... super excited for a sequel in Nate's point of view (we might need to have a talk if it doesn't end happily haha ;)).
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »