Reviews for The Side Effects of Forgetting
escaped chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This was perfect. Made my day, maybe even my week :)
why-eye-en chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Got here through The Slash Pile. Great story! I really liked the character development you've done even in this short story!
MAGICAL.NARRATOR chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Sooooo good. I loved it !

I was cringing the whole time expecting it to turn cliche at any moment, waiting for Kellan to run to Nate and abandon Will and all is hunky glory. SO happy it never took that turn. Nate realllly needed to get his head out of his ass before I could have any kind of respect for him.

Also I applaud you on avoiding the whole "all women are evil" stereotype that slash often takes on. Grace was one of my favorite characters!
mnemox chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
"I still celebrate Christmas, Kellan. And more importantly I celebrate crafting"

OMG ha ha. I want to go out with HER. She's adorable! Thanks for such a great female character.

I liked this a lot. I never felt like I was reading something I'd read before. You say cliched, I'll say that plot devices are what you make of them! It doesn't feel finished, exactly, but that's okay. I imagine if you get amnesia, there are going to be some loose ends. I liked the way the attack is left nebulous - seems scarier that way - and the way things ended. Thanks for a good read!

Also, "Magical Dick Cures Amnesia" would have been the greatest title of any story in the history of time.
pixelly chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This was a very well-written fic, and I think it was actually pretty original, even if you seem to feel that it's cliche, lmao.

BUT I'm really sad now. I wanted him with Nate so badly, and totally thought that's the way the story was going until I got past midway and Kellan was still mooning about Will. aldkjaldkjad. Nate's story is just.. kinda left hanging. You didn't really deal with how he and Kellan are now.. Don't suppose you'd do a sequel about him? Haha.

Sorry, not trying to criticize or anything, but it's just that best-friends-turned-lovers is my favorite trope ever and.. I'm a little crushed :(
Can We Swap Owls chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This story was just so ;_; fucking perfect. It gave me everything I wanted! (.. except - I don't know, I kinda wanted him to end up with Nate. Does that make me a bad person? It just seems like the main guy always ends up with what's fair and who's nicer when sometimes I want the bad guy to get some!) I love your writing style and the balance of angst and hotness in this. I hope you don't mind if I rec you over at The Slash Pile (cos I'm kind of a crap reviewer?) BUT I LIKE THIS SO ITS DONE HA!
Kellet chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
You are so fucking hilarious. Thank you for making such a believable, funny and heart-wrenching story. Because that's what you did. I'm not even paying lip service. This piece is so sweet and so funny and because of you, I'm cringing at my lack of a vocabulary.

Seriously, I can't even communicate accurately how good this is. There should be regular virgin sacrifices to your name, or at least some kind of payment? I don't know. I love you. (Sorry. I'm not able to express myself, but hopefully, you get this jist.)
Whitecrow chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Oh and I'm really glad you bitched out! Funny funny title, but coulda been pretty off-putting :-)
Whitecrow chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Loved it. Just lovely. I know you want to shoot yourself for writing an amnesia-fic but seriously if they were all this good the trope wouldn't be a cliche. This was a great story, with really well-drawn characters, as I am learning all your fic is, and i loved it. I particularly liked the fact that without AK he and Will just wouldn't be, as BK was holding too much of a torch for Nate to look at anyone else. Despite being an arsehole, Nate was really well drawn too. I felt really sorry for him that he just was never going to be good enough for Kellan. Liked Will even if he seemed too good to be true sometimes, but hey it's a romance fic! I'll definitely be re-reading and recommending! Great work, thank for sharing.
foreveran chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
First of all jdkjahfkjahfjkaskfjafbjafawkr

lol your story is so damn good!

I LOVED IT! I def want to re read it right away but ill wait a bit so it will be less fresh :P

I thought Nate would profess his feelings guess not :/

but im so glad he didnt because I fricken love Will and Kellan together!

You did an awesome job with him getting his memories I totally didnt expect Kellan to know Will before :P

btw how come you didnt put this into chapters?

and lmao at the original title I just burst out laughing xD
thecrivens chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I love this story! I'm happy for the ending because I'm rooting for KellanxWill, instead of KellanxNate. Nate's so hot and cold I don't know what to make of it. I feel kinda sorry for him though. Can you tell me why he's so afraid to come out and even lie to Kellan about his girlfriend? Will you continue this story with Nate as the main character?
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
this put such a goofy smile on my face! it was just so sweet and i really liked the..umm.. "tone" of the story(?), it was just beautiful.

at first i thought kellan would end up with nate, (before the introduction of will) but as he got to know will i began to wish for him not to, will was just so good for him, and nate just wasn't. very nice touch about them having met before

i really liked how kellan's and grace's relationship grew to friendship, it was very touching.

and i was so glad that he and nate are going to work on being friends. i loved the part where kellan said will wasn't his first boyfriend, that was just so sweet!

i also liked the part where he was saying sorry to his grandpa for forgetting him )

your story left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling, thank you!
CloudsOfRabbits chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
"Magical Dick Cures Amnesia" XD That would have been a beautiful title too. But damn. This story was so great. I love the characters, especially Grace. She actually grew on me because at first I was wary of this crazy girl but I love her so much now. Anyway this story was wonderful. I laughed so much at this my family thinks I'm nuts. I also was totally feeln' Kellan's pain somewhat. Poor kid. But yeah. Wonderful story. I love it.
prostock69 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
This was absolutely LOVELY! I loved this story so much! I was bawling at the end when Kellan ran to his grandpa and told him he was sorry he forgot him. OMG, I couldn't take it!

So I am assuming whoever attacked him probably saw him kiss Will at the party. :(

I hope you do a small sequel. I would love to know how things go between Will and Kellan and if Kellan remains friends with Nate. And after knowing what happened that day, I don't like Nate at all. I feel bad that he's scared and confused and doesn't want to admit he's gay, but using Kellan like he did, then just dump him and lie about dating that chick, was a horrible thing to do.
elena chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
WHY WHY WHY DO YOU MAKE THE BEST SLASH STORIES ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET! Seriously. Anything you write - will be the most amazing, original, riveting stories... sigh. i love you. This made my day.
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »