Reviews for The Side Effects of Forgetting
LeKo chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I like this story very much. You are a bit harsh on yourself about the clich├ęs. The storyline is nice and compact. You probably wouldn't have needed the amnesia part to tell this story, but it wasn't in the way either. Very nice story, also after the second time reading.

In the last lunchdate of Kellan and Nate though, there's mentioned a Nick (should be Nate I think).

Please keep writing.
Diva In The House chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
*applause*

Great story! Love how everything came together at the end. Thanks for sharing it with us.
lost in pale blue chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I'm so glad that Kellan wasn't mad at Will once he got his memories back. I suspected that Will knew him from before, as there were little hints, and I'm relieved that they got their happy ending. Will's reasoning for not telling Kellan the truth made a lot of sense.

It sucks that Nate was too scared to let himself be happy with Kellan, but it worked out for the best.

And I'm glad that Kellan still wanted to be friends with Grace because she's awesome :D
e34t23 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Oh my god that ending - love it! I pretty much enjoyed the entire thing though I still don't get a feel for Before Kellan. Otherwise good job on the flow and showing the other characters.
raynie-days chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I absolutely loved this story! I am so sad it ended though, ( I could actually see it continuing. I was looking forward to seeing what Nate's reaction to Kellan getting his memory back would be. Oh well, keep up your amazing writing! _
PyroTech chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I was able to hold in my laughter throughout the whole story. I pretty much fucking guffawed at your last comment. "Magical Dick Cures Amnesia"

Fucking hell, man that was brilliant, and I also absolutely love your story! Totally going in my faves!

~Pyro
Daneeno chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Laughed out loud when I read that AN,loved the story!
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I very much enjoyed your story. Great characters, nice beginning that catches the reader mid-action and curious with what's going on. I loved the plot progression and the way things ended.

I'm curious about what's going on with Nate's perspective. Obviously he needs to work through some things, and it would have been forced and just in general not good for Kellen to have ended up with him. But we know that while Nate's in denial, he clearly does acknowledge some deeper feelings, like when he chokes back the "lo-" word.

It's not necessary to the story to wrap things up with Nate, the way things go feels very natural. I'm just curious.

Anyway, good writing. Thanks for posting it up here : )
fictionfrenzy chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Oh No! so sad its over! love the story btw. It was really kept my interest even though it was one really long chapter. I just feel like there are so many loose ends. What happens btw him and Nate? Will he tell Nate he got his memory back? How will Nate react to this? What was the song Grace was going to lpay for him? like i said so many unaswered to hoping there will be a sequel.

happy writing
QuickSilverSand chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
cute story...loved it.
wildeep chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I really liked this story, I thought it was great, especially because Kellan didn't end up with a slightly-reformed, scared-into-admitting-he's-gay Nate, but with the actually out Will. Sure, I like the whole best-friends-to-boyfriends thing, too, but it's also nice to read a story where they don't end up happily ever after with each other.

I also want to know what happens when Nate finds out Kellan's got his memories back, though. We get see how 3 of the 4 people important in his life react to the restored Kellan, but not how Nate takes the news. I don't suppose you maybe-might-someday write a bit of that?

There's also this horribly (overly?) suspicious, whoddunit-loving part of me that's jumping up and down and shouting that it was Nate who conked him on the head because he saw the Will-and-Kellan kiss and went off his rocker a bit...

Okay, that theory's totally out there, but hey! It's possible since you haven't written it down! (Or have you?)
restinbeatz chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This story was great. Something I could see myself reading many times. It was a really good thing Kellan found someone good for him, and I liked the twist at the end. I was actually rooting for Nate at one point; that was before Nate amped up his douchiness and we got to see how awesome Will was. And I really love the character Grace(and the fact that you named her brother Will). I would have loved to know what happened after this though, like an epilogue.

By the way, the original title idea would have given away the ending, which was the best part.
koerle chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This story really made my I-woke-up-at-4-and-this-annoys-me-to-no-end mood go away. I love this story. The storyline is really something else and I really like the characters. Funnily enough Grace is my favourite. ;)
Keona Raynalise chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
For the spanish part, were you trying to say 'I want to be more than your friend'? Because in spanish that sentence just means 'I want to be more your friend.' It might be a little better to add a que in there and say 'You quiero ser mas que tu amigo' that makes more sense... (sorry Im a spanish speaker and i felt the need to give you a little tip there...)

Also. You totally should have named it that. I bet thats what you titled the doc on your computer...

I really liked this story! I dint think it was cliche at all! (I mean, there are... but... you made them into something that was not cliche at all.) I really liked it! It seemed very realistic, especially the way you described how Kellan felt when losing his memories and getting them back. It seems like that would be exactly how it would feel to have a head empty of things, and have them all rushing back. Which now makes all the other amnesia fics where all the memories came back and everything was fine just like that seem really bad compared to yours.

It was a whole lot longer than I expected too... But thats totally awesome.

Seriously, I love this. I hope you keep writing because this is awesome.
Zeekyboogydoog chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
So, I read this story when I should have been studying for finals. And now I'm going to fail my finals. I need someone to put the blame on, and so it's all on you and your 30,000 words of distraction. Seriously, though, I'm really glad I read it, and even happier you wrote it. I'm going to fail my finals with a sentimental smile on my face, this story in my head. So, yay?

I loved how Kellan and Will end up together-a lot of the time, in fics, I noticed that it usually ends with the two people who were together first, at the beginning, ending up together, even if there's a little side relationship thrown in there somewhere. But I really, really liked Will, and I was so happy at the end when that wasn't the case. Kellan and Will are cute together. :3 I liked the way the entire story was written-it progressed slowly, but in a way that made it feel a lot more believable and meaningful. Though this idea has been written about before, no doubt, I thought you really made it your own, as well as made memorable characters to go alone with it.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I really enjoyed the story, and I'm definitely looking forward to more from you. Thank you for posting it!
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »