Reviews for Five Odes to Nature
steffxnie chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Gloomy but beautiful at the same time. You've made music even more sorrowful and deep by mixing it with nature. I wouldn't have noticed these are haikus, they flow very naturally.
Ariana-1987 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Gorgeous! This might be one of my favorites by you. Like DarkSolitice said: I like the comparion between nature and music!

I have no negative feedback about this poem. I do have a question: Is this free verse or does this poem have meter? Is it just me or is die/babble a rhyme?

I am just learning a lot about meter and technical stuff from my english class I am taking: Literary Analysis and Critical Theory.

Awesome odes!
Jenny Sue chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Really beautiful poem - or poems, I read it as one but I'm not sure how you meant it to be read? Either way, the description of nature using music was so lovely. Bravo :)
SirScott chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I like nature. Good job on this poem.

SirScott
nickyO chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Third Haiku is my fav. in this set. All five flow together and add to each other.
Darksolsticesetter21 chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Very good job in comparing nature to music
J112011 chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I might be missing the mark again, but I actually find this poem quite beautiful. (I'm reading it as one piece, not sure if that's the way you intended it.) I'd never think of ice melting as dying, but of course it makes sense. Same for comparing a storm to a grand opera. I must say I like the way you see nature in this poem. There seems to be some tenderness to it.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Only you could make something comical out something so grim :P

The gentle flow of the haiku mask the harsh subtle meaning well. I love the ending best, it feels like another way of saying "ashes to ashes" to me. A fitting ending.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Yes a new post! :) I really like these haikus, very well written and the imagery is strong. Well done overall! Write on!

Anna _