Reviews for There's Always Hope For the Functional Addict
Same Dude chapter 48 . 5/17/2013
OK, that guy even scares me. Needs to be played by Jack Nicholson in the movie version.
Scott Rosier chapter 8 . 1/26/2013
If you'd answer on Facebook you'd get your reviews. haha
Scott Rosier chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Wow, Nick, I forgot how much of a pleasure it is to read your work. Though I'm really hoping someone in this story eats some SMarkers bars.
omyrowling chapter 12 . 12/15/2012
That was all kinds of intense. (no sarcasm. (seriously.))
omyrowling chapter 10 . 12/14/2012
I would like to comment on the lack of reviews:
I for one only read a story that is complete because I sick and tired of idiots not finishing a story that I become deeply invested in.
Also, I find the more 'popular' a story, the worse it probably is, so take that as a good sign :)
omyrowling chapter 8 . 12/13/2012
oh Tony.
Also, seriously, a "Fat Bitch" sandwich. I admit, it is funny, but seems very unlikely.
omyrowling chapter 7 . 12/12/2012
I actually love how Mark is turning out to be.
omyrowling chapter 4 . 12/11/2012
there is something very intriguing about your story. I am excited to keep reading.
Same Dude chapter 38 . 11/16/2012
Should have seen it coming for Tina. She was never fully developed as a character to the point where you wanted to really like her. She was just there in order to become the disposable one that gets offed since offing a nobody doesn't carry the same weight. Significant shock value. Hmmm...where does this leave Wendy on this long and winding road of morality? I see a fork in the road coming for her, she should take it.

Good or evil? You can only walk that fine line so long then you decide or its gets decided for you. It will be interesting to see where this goes...it is not all that easy to predict.
MA chapter 34 . 10/17/2012
Nice gore. Makes me happy.
Just a Dude chapter 26 . 10/1/2012
Been reading this right along. Thought it had taken too weird of a detour with the monsters but you managed to shove it back on track far enough to make it plausible for the purpose of the story.

I definitely like the style of writing. I guess I can never remember reading a book where, after I read a sentence where you have described a movement or body position of a person, do I think in my head how the movements would go and realize that its a common everyday movement that people would do but you have described it so creatively. Like the way Iona was sitting in front of the window looking at the lightning. Pretty cool way of translating visuals.

Each chapter has a good way of ending. There is always that little bit of a cliffhanger that makes you want to keep reading, which is I guess what a good author does to make more money. It will be interesting to see who or what prevails. I'm with ya.
Kangaroo chapter 13 . 8/30/2012
OK, first post here. Writing has improved significantly from previous works. The description of the scenes is vivid and provides just enough detail to paint the picture without getting bored with it. I see the same setup at this point as in Deryk with the 2 parallel paths forming and, I assume, at some point coming together.

Really looking at this point to connect with a hero or heroin (haven't seen that drug yet) to really root for. Maybe it doesn't happen and its just a great story with a lot of plots and action. Not every story has to have smiley happy people with rewarding endings. Will be anxious to see where it goes from here.
WishmiesterBeta chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
I can see that this is going somewhere. I have such a hard time finding things worth reading on this site and so far I'm enjoying this.
trustnme chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Long time, no reads.

Seriously, I thought I'd check on your page to see if you'd done anything new, and here I see you're already 20 chapters into a new project. Kudos. I wish I had as much time to put aside for my own writing _

Anyway, although it sucks you've scrapped your other story, I did feel like it was lagging. As for this first chapter, it's a nice intro to a new story from you. Your writing definitely has come a long way since "Deryck vs. the Emo" in terms of grammar. The narrative is just as witty and descriptive (maybe even more descriptive). I definitely liked your descriptions, how detailed they were.

It's interesting that with just the first chapter you've already managed to capture Wendy's complexity.

-trustnme
Aunt B chapter 10 . 1/20/2012
Keep writing...I'm reading as fast as I can.