Reviews for The Violinist's Dance
Vivechka chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
The imagery used here is fantastic, I could really picture myself as the violinist. The final line made me smile :)
i l n o k chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Such a sweet poem.

Again, fantastic imagery here. :3 LOLOLOLOL I had to read your summary again-I misread the first time. I thought you wrote it was dedicated to Hamlet, not Harriet. ( I adore Hamlet )
PhoebieB chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
It's beautiful, you can just picture Harriet with her music. I love it and think you're so talented. Please publish your works.
this-is-silence chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I really like this one! Wonderful descriptions.
Dark Blue Lover chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Very descriptive and detailed, you really get this feeling of being on stage across.

Love the line "The room rippling with the music."

Also "and she is alone on the stage, ... the bow dipping and rising, ... her hand shaking the strings." It kinda has its own rhythm, like a real dance.

Good job on this!
Gravind Divine chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
this is really good, i love it. it's very descriptive and overall awesome )
Eden Green chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
It's very detailed, and you've given a lot of direction for the reader to imagine easily. Nicely done.
IDreamOfLullaby's chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Fudging beautiful. I'm not a musician but the way you described the feeling...wow. It amazes me how well you can capture everything. I love it. :)
Jenny Sue chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Lovely poem! Getting sucked into music is such a wonderful feeling. I liked 'The violin plays its part' and 'She lets the notes dance' as they sound like the violin and notes are taking on a life of their own and don't need her control - the way it feels when you get really engrossed in a performance.

Nice work, bravo :)
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
This is poetry in motion :-D I thought it was superb and it makes me what to here the music that captivates the audience in this piece. I can imagine it so clearly; it was such a beautiful piece and I loved it. Brilliant piece :-D
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
It sounds so magic. And I know what it's like to get carried away in the music. I play the piano, (I know, no where as cool as the violin but it calls to me)and I just close my eyes and get lost in the music.

well done it reminded me of that feeling.
kaze-nyv chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Sweet :) This poem made me smile. I like the whirling quality you achieve with your pacing and repetition. It really makes it feel like a dance. Also, the atmosphere you create is really close to how it feels to be onstage, aware and yet unaware, which is a hard thing to get. Nicely done!