Reviews for Cupid's Renegade
esile chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
:D AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING! Now I feel as my writing style is stupid, compared to this.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Beautifully dark. I really liked the end line, and the way everything unfolded. I think you made the right choice in focusing on the aftermath, it works really well, whereas I think a lot of people would be tempted to write the actual even itself. It almost feels like he's - she's? - trying to justify the actions. And, yeah, it was as I was writing that I realised you never actually clarify the gender of the speaker (I don't think). It might be on purpose, it might not, but I think it puts an interesting perspective on it. Anyway, enough from me. Great short, wonderful writing.
Anonymous Soul chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Haha I loved this. It was just so...I don't know. At first I'd sat twisted or insightful, but alone, neither of those words quite capture the essence of the piece.

It kind of reminds me of that saying, 'You have to love someone so much to kill them' (or something like that).

Most of all, I think the piece speaks to the nature of love. It can be beautiful, but it can also be a monster. Love is perhaps that which inspires both the best and the worst in people. And you hear about crimes of passion like this on the news all the time.

It kind of scares me that, in a sense, I can understand where the main character in your story is comming from. I wouldn't ever kill like he did, but, in a warped, twisted way, his actions make sense. As much sense as love itself makes, at least.

(PS, how are you? I know you probably don't remember who I am, its been forever since we've talked)