Reviews for The Marriage of Heaven and Earth
EPuppy chapter 7 . 9/5/2013
Awwww i want moreeee :'( ohw i love this fi already missing it :(
EPuppy chapter 6 . 9/5/2013
Cutieeeee :3
EPuppy chapter 3 . 9/5/2013
Awww :3
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 7 . 5/2/2013
Well, if an angel can come down from heaven to have a relationship with a human, why not the moon?

This was very cute and whimsical, the epitome of imaginative fantasy.

I think the mixture within Darien's character of wisdom and knowledge coupled with his unique innocence is delightful and interesting, and it works well in this story. I don't know if Clayton would have found his way "home" if Darien HAD been all-knowing and needed no assistance whatsoever. I do know the story wouldn't have been as precious and Darien wouldn't have been as interesting.

I wouldn't necessarily regard this as slash, however, even though Clayton is gay. It's more a tale of love and acceptance than sexuality, just that the main character happened to be gay. I didn't get a sense of Darien being gay so much as just "being," which is beautiful in itself.

All in all, this is a lovely story and makes me wish I had a Darien.
mangatake chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
That was very sweet. Thank your for sharing :)
heyitsstupidme chapter 7 . 8/29/2012
I don't read fantasy/supernatural that much, but I enjoyed reading this. I just think the idea of the moon being the guardian of a boy very cool. The story was very sweet, much less sad than I thought it would be :)
tleiaxu chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Honunjama told me to read this, and I'm glad she did :) I finished it a few nights ago, and then later I found myself looking up at the moon. There was a little question mark over my head, going 'why does this feel so intimate and familiar?'

Oh yeah! Darien... I am a little bit slow sometimes. But anyway, the point is, your story gave me a new appreciation for an old and familiar friend. I adored your personification of the moon. The concept of the sun, moon and sky as thinking, feeling beings, seems so ancient and closely linked to our humanity. I feel half certain you are referencing some famous piece of old literature, but I'm not well versed so I can't say for sure.

In the intro, Clayton's interaction with the night sky is lovely. What a beautiful way of putting it. Reaching that space, the nothingness between the stars. I think about that emptiness often, and how it relates to sleep, and death, and even the space between our own atoms. I felt Clayton's heart when he reached out to that space in his despair.

Darien is lovely, with his bright smile and purity. It's interesting that you chose a male to play the role so often attributed to a female. But when it comes to heavenly bodies, genitilia hasn't got much to do with it. In the end, Darien was not a sexual creature. It seems like he was just taking the form Clayton needed him to take.

I found Darien's ignorance both charming and disturbing. He became a good mirror on our social norms. Things that seemed only natural human gestures to him, to us are actually layered with complex sexual implications. Some times I look at the world through Darien's eyes. But when I suffer the social consequences, I feel more like Clayton, isolated and embarrassed.

That said, I was a little uncomfortable with Darien as a character. While he had full use of language and a mature body, in every other aspect he is like a small child. He is so perfectly pure and dependent, and so completely absorbed in Clayton. I'm having a hard time putting into words why this makes me uncomfortable. Maybe because these qualities make him into a kind of sexual fantasy. Maybe he seems too "easy." I loved him anyway, he was sweet and silly and made me smile.

With the spider web, you came around full-circle to touch on the mysterious beautiful concepts that were touched on in the intro. Lovely imagery, lovely thoughts. At the beginning, Clayton reaches this place out of despair; by the end he reaches it out of love for the earth, and so he makes his way home.

I loved that this story made me want to look at the sky. I love that it made me think about life, the universe and everything. I love the sense of Clayton's safe sweet journey, cascading gently from the fearful space between the stars into the loving arms of earth.

So... Well done!
Skyless11 chapter 7 . 8/6/2012
QQ this was sooooo beautiful QQ
Especially since I'm such a hopeless romantic...
AmazinG!
Amazing concept, amazing skills, amazing story!
I don't even know what else to say?
I kind of wished to see more of Darien and Clay... but guess it wasn't meant to be *damn destiny...oh that's you... errmmm... oki don't damn it* But maybe more of Clay and nathan QQ ehhhh
AMAZING!
Cheers
Sky.
anna chapter 7 . 7/28/2012
thank you for the beautiful story. it made me all warm and fuzzy inside... just like when i had my frist crushes in high school! hahahahaha
the old contemptible chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
This is rather my favourite of your stories, which proves categorically that I'm a sap. Oh well.

The movie you speak of wouldn't happen to be "Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" would it? I didn't know they made a film of it.

Anyhow, keep writing, and I'll keep reading, etc.
Darkest Bliss chapter 7 . 6/15/2012
I love this. Every single bit. I love the concept, which is truly original. I adore the descriptions. The plot. EVERYTHING

The one thing I will complain about, though, was that Darien had to leave Clayton alone. Made me spaz out.

Darkest Bliss
TheWorldOfLove chapter 7 . 2/14/2012
I want a sequel! Ahhhhhh! Excellent work!
TheWorldOfLove chapter 5 . 2/14/2012
Ooooh. Awwww. That was just. ..so darn cute!
42 | Page 1 .. Last Next »