Reviews for The Marriage of Heaven and Earth
Honunjama chapter 5 . 1/12/2012
They are really cute I think we all need a bit of sappy romance now and then and this is lovely.

The conversation with Peter was well done and touching.

I really enjoyed this chapter.

Suki .
GreenGrass1 chapter 5 . 1/12/2012
I think the scene with Peter is pretty real. I am glad that you start to write about why Clayton wanted to kill himself - I was wondering about that. Now I found that he was lonely and his parents seemed to be very distant, uninterested and preoccupied.
GreenGrass1 chapter 4 . 1/10/2012
Darn, Darien is so cute - I just want to squeeze him. I love how Clayton softened up and started to relax. He was pretty wound up in the beginning - well, I guess you must be if you are thinking about killing yourself.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Honunjama chapter 4 . 1/9/2012
Oh, I love that Darien can talk to any living thing!

There's something really warm and comforting about this story, I can't work out whether it's the way you've written Darien as this completely loving and trusting character or something else. Anyway, I really enjoy reading it.

bobsaysyes chapter 3 . 1/6/2012
Awe, I like iiiiit Update, update, updaaaaate, please :) you know you waaaaanna.
GreenGrass1 chapter 3 . 1/6/2012
I like this story so far. Darien's unfamiliarity to regular human routines is funny but expected since he is Moon after all. First chapter is my favourite because it has a "fable" flavour to it. Reminded me of folk tales.
Honunjama chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
I really liked this chapter- it was well paced and I could picture the characters really clearly.

Darien's innocence is really cute (I think I may have said that before).

plumblossom chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
I was in fact wondering about what gives with the absence of the moon. But there are lots of times when the moon can't be seen in a particular place, so I figured Clayton was just wrong about why he can't see it: and that Darien's moon-ness is a bit on the metaphorical side.

It just now occurs to me that this is a bit like "The Little Prince" except I didn't like that and I do like this.
bobsaysyes chapter 2 . 1/3/2012
Oooooh, ohhh, ohhhh! This looks good :) can't wait for update
Honunjama chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
The moon as a guide is an interesting idea for a story (in a more literal way it reminds me of how travellers would use the map of the night sky to guide them).

And Darien is sweet and innocent (I love innocent characters) and it was cute how Clayton reacted when the guy is being sarcastic about Darien's drawings.

But I think you need to let us know how everything is continuing without the moon in the sky though, and you could make more of the weirdness at the beginning when Clayton goes up into the sky-that was really interesting but it was over too soon!

The only thing that bothers me is how come Clayton seems sort of okay when he's showing Darien round, when he was suicidal the night before. Is that the effect that Darien has? If so, maybe hint a bit more about that.

Your story is far better than the summary you've given it, I think you need to sell it a little more!

3 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
very cute!
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I'm baaaaack! Er...Yeah. Anyways.

You made the MOON a BOY. There, right there. I love this fic already. Can't wait to see how this goes. Oh god, the jokes that are attacking my brain - 'ORBITING around me', 'didn't understand the GRAVITY of the situation'...Sorry, I'll stop now. That probably isn't even appropriate; there was a boy about to commit suicide, I shouldn't be laughing here. But he's being followed around by The Moon! -cough- Anyway.

Cool beginning - random staircase, presumably it disappears now? Love Night and her son - his obvious lack of life experience is interesting, makes me wonder if we get to learn what sort of life he had in the sky, if any, or if he did just curl up and shine all the time.

Sorry, the hilarity is attacking again. Please make him eat cheese, PLEASE. Oh dear god, sorry, this was meant to be a serious review. My sense of humour is appalling. I guess I did expect it to be funny in some ways (brain attack again: Moon sees calendar sees pending 'new moon' and is horrified, Moon has neighbourhood dogs howling at him...ah-hem) because any character with no life experience has so much potential for amusing faux pas. But Clayton seems to be a naturally good teacher (or just becomes one very fast) so there may not be so many difficulties there after all. I'm not sure where the Moon is going to lead him but I suspect it'll be more a state of mind, though perhaps some physical places too along the way. I'm also currently wondering about the whereabouts of Clayton's parents, and how he's going to explain Darien to them if he needs to, and how school is going to respond to Darien and Darien to school.

I see the potential for a lot of sweet moments, and I suspect there will at least be some, but I'm happy to sit back and follow along, even if it ends up being a tragedy.

Also, when Darien's mother says 'he's the best there is' - Darien's done this guiding thing before? But he can't have, or he'd know how sleep and clothes worked. Perhaps his mother's just being lazy and praising her son because that's what mother's do, or perhaps he did guide before but that was different, or perhaps his mother's matchmaking...

Also, aren't people going to notice if the moon just goes missing from the sky? He controls tides and stuff... Perhaps he has a backup brother or something that I don't know about.

Sorry about flinging such a long review at you on the first chapter! The idea is so promising my mind has just exploded everywhere. I shall sit back and shut up for a while now, and wait for more story. (And probably go review something else.) I didn't mean to make fun of it by joking by the way, I realise this story probably isn't going to be comic, but my brain is.
42 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3