Reviews for Before It All Went Wrong
Inkfire chapter 40 . 7/13/2013
I liked how upset Cara got here, and how Amy handled the playing theme. It kind of hurt that Cara could only play at being Jane's daughter, but it was right to her, and indeed, it was Amy who took care of her so much… Amy really managed to handle the girl quite well. I smiled at her making her apologize to Susan and then run off to her "sisters". Pretty nice work, dear :)
Inkfire chapter 38 . 10/25/2012
This was pretty nice, I like the way you wrote kid!Cara here and made her both really adorable and really unbearable. Too used to getting her way, she is ;)
Inkfire chapter 37 . 9/7/2012
That was really sweet. I like the way Saoirse trained Cara's trust, and how scared she was, yet the way Saoirse managed to reassure her…
Inkfire chapter 36 . 8/20/2012
Aw, this was really sweet! I like Nathaniel's relationship with Cara, and the gifts were adorable.
Inkfire chapter 35 . 8/19/2012
Oh, that was really sad. I can't believe Cara's mother would just forget her like that. I love the way you depicted Cara's reactions, the way she held it together at first and told herself that her mother was coming, then how she started feeling more and more lost. Ewan and Amy were very well depicted, too, they soothed Cara perfectly…
Inkfire chapter 34 . 7/20/2012
Pretty intense… I can imagine Amy would be left blown away after this… and I like how fierce Carolina was…
Inkfire chapter 33 . 5/26/2012
This was so very bittersweet… It was very striking here, the tension between Cara and her mother and aunt, and how close she felt to Saoirse, Marie and Amy as a contrast. It was obvious that she couldn't have both, that one of the two families she would belong to more obviously than the other - and that was painful in this chapter, although you stressed Cara's joy at being with the O'Bradys, and her fierce satisfaction at proving to her mother that she belonged with them, no matter what Jane might say or think… Well done!
Inkfire chapter 32 . 4/21/2012
This was interesting, I really liked it… Amy had a point not wanting the girls to sleep together, it does sound like they might need to grow out of that… however, of course the girls weren't going to agree P sneaky little things that they are. Pretty nice job :)
Inkfire chapter 31 . 4/15/2012
I really like the way you pictured the argument, Cara's reaction, and Marie's reassurance… well done.
Inkfire chapter 30 . 3/11/2012
I liked this chapter… I like the way Cara gets Saoirse to do all she wants, lol. Granted, she's sick and deserves to be cuddled, but she's still a spoiled little thing ;) that was quite fitting with the story of her little fit. I like the way you handled the whole thing, you really showed how stubborn and annoying Cara could get, and how Amy ended up completely losing her patience - and yet, after the worst of the storm, Cara got away without any further punishment. It was pretty nice :)
Inkfire chapter 29 . 3/9/2012
I really like the way you described the dressing up, and the birth of the nickname. I love the nickname "milady"! It sounds so pretty and sweet, and so special.
Inkfire chapter 28 . 2/27/2012
I liked the Headmaster's point of view about the whole thing, it was a very interesting idea! Cara's nervosity at first, and then her glee at the end, were also very well pictured. Nice job )
Inkfire chapter 27 . 2/14/2012
This was really lovely! You really expressed Cara's feelings perfectly, how much she misses Saoirse and the whole family, and her frustration and anger towards her mother. She did sound mature, but fittingly so - it didn't shock me at all. The moment in which she described what the family would be doing if she were there was just incredible, it conveyed such warmth and love… I like Miss Lowecroft's reactions, she really understood her. The talk with Amy was well done as well, she was very understanding and she managed to give Cara strength and make her feel how much they were supporting her. That line: "Of course. She's missing her little shadow, but she's proud of you. As Marie would put it, we're all proud of you, man." was just amazing. I loved this chapter, really great insight!
Inkfire chapter 26 . 2/11/2012
This was pretty amazing! Your description of the song was really pretty gorgeous, the way they alternated and then eventually sang all together, the way their voices joined in… You really showed the depth of the emotional bond, beyond the show, what it meant for the three of them to do this together… I loved it )
Inkfire chapter 25 . 2/9/2012
Loved the Peter/Cara moment! It was fitting, if sad, that Cara ran to Saoirse's after quarrelling with her mother… Reading these make Shattering World itself seem all the sadder, because Cara and her mother really had trouble communicating and they would have deserved more time to get to know one another in other ways… Plus, Cara was already running at Saoirse's or to Amy and Peter themselves all the time, and although it's great that they still were there for her and fully became her second family when she lost her parents, it's like her parents never really got a chance… Anyway. I love the way you described Peter's interaction with Cara, how she just walks in and feels at home, his advice for her to stay put and surprise Saoirse, the way she explains him her frustration towards her mother and the cooking itself, the way he shows her how to do things, and then trusts her… The whole scene was very well described, I really loved it!
39 | Page 1 .. Last Next »