Reviews for Silence
Nesasio chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I'm torn how I feel about the opening of this. It's realistic to have her thinking about such normal things (though I think her fear was definitely lower than it should be being bound and disoriented) before the girls show up. But given the level of supernatural involvement in the plot later, I think you might need just a slight hint of the differences in this world from reality. What I mean is that the ghosts are powerful, directly influencing the plot later by stalling the guy and talking to her. You could balance this out by making it slightly more ambiguous (making it more like it could just be in her head rather than the actual victims affecting the story) or adding a little bit more lead-in in the opening. I'm being a bit nitpicky, though, because I really liked this.
seredemia chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
The summary to this looked pretty interesting, so I decided to check it out! xD

I like how we know next to nothing about Amy because it gives me a reason to read on. You gradually reveal more information about her, and I like it. It's mysterious on the casual side. Like, I want to know why on earth she's tied up. Did she get kidnapped or something? I like how you describe the darkness as well. You make it sound so eerie and it just gives the story a much more tense and mysterious atmosphere.

WOO. BLOOD. I LOVE BLOOD AND GORE.

This is getting very good! I just love the bluntness in it. It's almost emotionless, but the way you write it is rather poetic. I can't really explain it, but the story just sounds s elegant, and yet it's kinda horrifying at the same time.

All in all, I really enjoyed this :) It's a great one shot! :D
flight06 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Quite an interesting start. I find that the pacing is mostly consistent and the voice fits. You can use a little bit of typo help, just so you don't use their instead of there. some sentences are a bit redundant with information, like she couldn't tell which girl was talking said in two adjacent sentences. otherwise , an enjoyable read and a good start.