Reviews for Fairest
stuck in bed chapter 6 . 2/3
I've read/am reading all of your works - "In His Arms She Fell", "You'll Remember Me" and "In Loving Color", and I have absolutely adored all of them, despite my lack of reviews. I never ventured to read "Fairest" because, generally, fantasy stories don't particularly appeal to me, and this was on hiatus, so it hardly seemed worth the effort/dedication. Somehow, for some reason I'll never regret, I started reading this.

And I love it.

The last time you wrote was in 2012. It's now 2014, and your current chapters do show a better handling of plot, characters and dialogue, but none of them have had me as emotionally invested. I feel for Varushka, for Vashti (especially Vashti), I get mixed feelings of sympathy and anger when it comes to Victor, and though I'm still figuring Tatyana out, she's got me hooked too.

And you literally keep me on my toes.

The chances you'll continue this are slim - time has passed and you have two stories you're writing, each with incredibly long and detailed chapters. I have no expectations (though I won't complain if you do update), but I just wanted to let you know that this is amazing. Truly.
fairydustillusion chapter 6 . 1/21/2013
ahhh! you've got me addicted to another story! I never liked fantasy much, but I do adore your writing. update! :)
DevourtheStars chapter 6 . 4/30/2012
Wow this story is original.

pretty interesting so far. is there going to be any romance soon because that'd be totally cool.

okay i hope update sooon! :))
foxyricanlady chapter 6 . 4/20/2012
This story makes me want to cry alot but can't stop reading it. Please update soon
foxyricanlady chapter 5 . 3/26/2012
Wow I just started reading this story today and I love as much as I love in his arms she fell. But this last chapter has made me cry so much. Please update soon
Ed Harley chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
Even without head-lopping monsters, scantily clad elves or hordes of moody well-groomed vampires this story somehow caught my attention. I usually prefer fantasy stories with the standard themes so I don’t have to think about it much. The depth and originality of this story makes me uncomfortable, but I’m also getting really curious about what will happen next so I’ll continue reading, I guess.
Capitalz chapter 5 . 3/21/2012
I like this very much! The world you have built in these first chapters seems very much alive.

I like the prologue, and am now very eager to read some twists!
Mending the Sky chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
This story is very, VERY good. It's very intriguing. Please update soon!
Emmeline C. Thornbrooke chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I just found this story, and it's great so far! Keep writing!

Oh, and I'd like you to read my story, 'Carnival Moon'. Thank you in advance!
J.J.2123 chapter 3 . 1/12/2012
I really really wanted to wait on reviewing until i read a bit of the girl, but after reading the last chapter i decided against that. I'm actually excited now on reading how Varushka grows up (also how do you pronounce her name? Var-ush-ka? or Var-us-hka?). Absolute beauty is such an impossible goal. Yet with a bit of magic it becomes realized in this one little girl, who will have to see the dark side of what it means to be beautiful. Overall this concept is actually rather cliche, but with your writing skills and creativity i have full confidence in seeing this story be original and different. I enjoy the fact that Gajes is portrayed as evil in the eyes of the servants, midwife, husband, etc. Yet when you read on how she acts you begin to see that she is in fact foreboding just how magical and special and perhaps cursed Varushka will be in the future. If anything i almost see the Gajes as a type of magical godmother who understands the future and hardship it will bring to the girl.

As always your writing capabilities are phenomenal, and I can't wait to see how this story progress and see just how you intend to include the fantasy genre into the story.
renegade01 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
You're definately on a roll with managing 3 stories at once... ;)

The genre is the first thing I noticed about Fairest. Its nice (and brave) of you to step out of your comfort zone and try something a little more daring. That shows real talent dude. ;) So kudos to both you and your co-author.

The story seems interesting. Vashti comes across as vain mostly, but not evil or anything. Without a doubt, I think her name is weird, lol. You have a thing for 'Viktors' don't you?

There's quite a lot of detail but not overly so. You've set the scene with an interaction between the parents and left future hints here and there - i'm intrigued already about the 'evil ones.'

I've seen the pictures. Damn, I wish I had a manor like that. ;)