Reviews for Today Is History
Inkspilled chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
A few mistakes: suite/suit, one/on, "as the scamper"-they, "as the pass"-they.

Wow, I think this was lovely. Each glimpse into this persons life was well done and transitioned smoothly. I really like the concept of footsteps clicking faster and slower, and it following him like a companion. Several lines really stood out, like "Whether they're in love or not is not important." and the use of the clock chiming. Very creative! It definitely leaves you with a sense of significance in life and mild nostalgia for the main character. Great progression. Well done!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
I really like this; great use of description to convey the mood in the museum, and I like how it follows the little boy as he grows up, through different stages. Parts I really liked - [Whether they're in love or not is not important] I don't know why, but yeah I really like that line. [The museum is as cold as public buildings dare to be during the summer, making you wish you'd dragged a sweater through the heat just so you could wear it.] That made smile, simply bevcause I've always found museums to be cold. Same with cinemas, oddly enough. Really nice one-shot that I really enjoyed reading.
Dragon made me do it chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Nice interpretation of the prompt, and I loved the mood you generated in this museum.

I enjoyed your very vivid descriptions. you also use very smooth language that never slows the reader down, and yet punctuate it with short sentences to focus the mind (e.g. 'the clock chimes')

'the class trailing along like ducklings' - I love this image

And a very sweet little ending. I suppose it really comes down to the issue of being at ease with the concept of dying, and you took an interesting angle to approach the subject. Well done.

Spelling/grammar etc:

wearing that suite- should be suit

As the scamper off - the should be they

As the pass one of those shaggy-haired - ditto

as that of the invisible footsteps' - not sure why you have an apostrophe here