Reviews for The Enlightenment and the Government
Armarossa chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
First off, I'd love to say that I think you did a good job on this essay. Second off, I think you picked a great topic to work off of.

However, I do have one little issue I saw that slightly bugged me. It was actually Jean-Jacques Rousseau that broached the Social Contract Theory and not John Locke. As you stated, Locke did have heavy influnce on the Constitution and he was associated with the Natural Rights, however Rousseau wasn't used as much his English counterpart in our foundation. However, I do agree with you that he held a certain amount of sway in our Founding Fathers' minds. And actually I would imagine perhaps Voltaire would have had a tiny bit of influence as well. He supported Free Speech and Religous Toleration even once quoting, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."

Just a little food for thought. And I hope I didn't come across too overbearing. I certainly don't want that. I really do think that you did a wonderful job on this essay. :)