Reviews for Hai Five
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
In response to your author's note, the result was a bit confusing but I eventually caught on.

I have to say my favorite haiku is this one: "I said kissies were / for sissies. So why do yours / make me a hero?" It's so cute! Makes me think of little kids experiencing their first kisses and feeling all "grown up" afterwards (despite previously thinking that kisses were icky XD).

All the haikus were good, though. About love, yes, but also humans' natural inhibitions and vulnerabilities. You never disappoint.
killMeN0w chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I gasped when you flashed

your heart to me, then found mine

equally naked.

This was the MOST beautiful piece in this poem. So vulnerable. A great number of feelings perfectly placed into a few words arranged beautifully. Even with a great line as this, the rest of the poem didn't dull in comparison. It was so great, I can't even begin to tell you. I just wish there was a 'Most Favourite' bar that I could press here.
nickyO chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I love this set, very sweet and cute and cleverly done.
SirScott chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Not too confusing with the format. Fictionpress has more than its share of glitches. I suppose love is the number one subject in poetry.

SirScott
Mishikaiya chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
These are all lovely.
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
So, I'm sitting here shaking my head, and thinking, 'Only Punslinger. Only him.'

Seriously, 'hai-coo'? Where do you get these things, and where can I also get them?

It's so wonderfully clever and a tiny little itsby bit kitsch, and the rhymes all flow beautifully, even though I can't really see a rhyme scheme as such (but then, I'm useless with rhymes anyway, so maybe I'm just missing something vital)

Also, I love how witty you are: even without the fusing life dreams (which, by the way, I wish I'd thought of, that's brilliant - to the point of me kind of sort of maybe feeling like the brilliance of that concept is mismatched with this kind/type of poem, just a little), the flashing/naked thing, and the 'apple of my eye'/tart contrasts are really just .. good. And satisfying. Or something.

Yes. And like the other reviewer said: keep writing )

. darker shade of pale
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Haha I love this! Very smartly written as always.

"I gasped when you flashed/your heart to me, then found mine/equally naked - I adore this!

"I thought she was the/apple of my eye, but she/was a little tart." - good job here!

And the last haiku is a very clever and humorous way to finish. Great job overall. Keep writing please :)

Anna _