Reviews for Basking in the Night
Nelsonstudenthigh09 chapter 7 . 1/26/2012
Yes so exciting please write more :) ahhh I'm so happy and excited to see what's gonna happen lol:)
S.H. Marr chapter 7 . 1/26/2012
Yeah, fi this is what Valerie is "really" like, I odn't like her. At all. From her comments about how, apparently, making something 3D is either more difficult or somehow...better than other kinds of art forms to her stupidity of 'I attributed to my lack of virginity" like that sentence makes sense. I mean, sure, it's good that she found herself and all...I just don't like her.
Nelsonstudenthigh09 chapter 6 . 1/24/2012
Stil loving it please update :)
S.H. Marr chapter 6 . 1/23/2012
Life has been weird, huh?

THRISTON!

Yeah. That's my reaction. That's my entire reaction.
Nelsonstudenthigh09 chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
Loving the story please continue and update haha :) can't wait to read more lol
heartfeltlove chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
Hi! I really like this story, it's just I'm not too fond of your writing from Prestons view. Val's view is flawless, wonderfully put together, but when you write from prestons it feels like it's a girl attempting to write from a guys view and he comes across (to me at least) overly sensitive, girlish and not very believable at all. For instance in the chapter where they meet at the club, Preston spots her and basically his first thought is "she looks so sad I want to hold her", realistically, it doesn't seem likely for that to be a grown man's first thought when he sees an attractive woman in a club. I understand that you're trying to make sure the reader knows he is one of the good guys, but you get that across just as well from vals pov without making Preston seem feminine.

Anyways, That's just my two cents, I hope you don't take it the wrong way... I will continue reading, I'm excited to see where you take them.
S.H. Marr chapter 5 . 1/21/2012
I dunno if a name reference counts as a "character" but I lvoe the reference to him and Surokuyo. Awwwwww. Love ya, Kaiden. You're amazing.

Anyway. It made me very uncomfortable at the beginning of this chapter to read "boy" in reference to Preston. Forgive me, but it did.

Also, I hate people like Valerie. i'm lucky to break a 100 in bowling. .oOOo.

So. Yeah. Hi!
Nelsonstudenthigh09 chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
awe this is such a cute story i really want them to be together :) please write more. i would like to see what happens between them :)

please update i absolutely love this story
S.H. Marr chapter 4 . 1/18/2012
I'm no longer sure what I should say in my reviews. We have such different styles; is my feedback going to be that useful except to point out typos?

Preston doesn't seem to like his best friend at all. Who was never named. I thought HE was "Michael" at first. Yeah, but...I don't know, I didn't think he was that bad, and Preston was terrible to him.
S.H. Marr chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
Meh. I'm sick of the way Valerie narrates. You are very much "tell, not show", which is really not what you should be doing. You say that there was passion, but we didn't read much of it. We were simply told it was there.
devs chapter 2 . 1/17/2012
The summary says she wants to lose her virginity. Why did she tell him that a former boyfriend was using her for sex?
S.H. Marr chapter 2 . 1/16/2012
God, Valerie sounded like an overly poetic emo teenager this chapter. I never noticed that before.
S.H. Marr chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I feel it was a bit rushed, but that might be because any line breaks there should have been were conspicuously absent. The editor has been working for me...you should be able to insert lines, too. Because it all blurred together for me and got a bit confuzzled. But maybe that's just my mood; it's entirely possible.

Anywayyyy, I've already read this part of the story, so...waiting to get to the stuff I haven't!
28 | « Prev Page 1 2