Reviews for That Body of Work
whitecrow2 chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Wow, what a challenge you have set yourself! Soooo interested to read these, as I sometimes struggle with the number of frogs here and the rare prince. I've read you first critique, and was impressed with the thoughtfulness with which you investigated d'Neronique's motivations and themes. although I haven' read any of it's, I will know both what to expect and want to look for. Looking forward to the next! Will comment more when you reach an author I recognise. Thanks for your efforts.
vis verbi chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
I found this to be very helpful, but also insightful, it mentioned not only the plot, but also the psychological nuances often missed by other reviewers.
Honunjama chapter 11 . 8/20/2012
Tleiaxu- I think you did an awesome job here, this was such an enjoyable and insightful read:)

I have to mention one of my own personal favorites of JHeartbreak's stories 'The Marriage of Heaven and Earth' because it is such a sweet, unique and dreamy tale of a boy (Clayton) finding meaning in life again through love. It's a must read.

Anyway, thanks for this

Sukix
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 11 . 8/19/2012
This last chapter was so unbelievably enjoyable to read:)
I’ve concluded a few things:

-I will not read ‘My bf makes me feel…’ because it will bring me more frustrations than I can handle.
-I certainly will try reading ‘Ashes and Ghost’, it sounds immensely interesting
-I am really happy with your analysis of Tenderhearted. When you mention Paul not being concerned about Tobias’ state of mind, only paying attention to his own selfish and perverted needs, I breathed a sigh of relief. Because that is what I felt while reading the story: Paul being a douche.
‘This story starts light and ends heavy. It moves slowly between a few repeating scenes.’ This perfectly described the atmosphere for me. Really well-said.
-I left a review for Rain from the Stars some time ago, because it was so sweet and peaceful and yet… these sketches of nature/emotion are one of your greatest fortes, I think. Lovely, lovely story.
-I’ve got two of your shortstories in my ‘to read list’, so not gonna peak at those yet

Wow, while reading I thought –you- were the one who’d written this about yourself, Mr Heartbreak, in some kind of third person perspective. Right now that seems a bit of a silly thought - because who’s capable of objectively criticizing his or her own writing? - but for some reason I was convinced you could pull it off:)

This was another lovely chapter, and I can fully agree with the author. Always looking forward to what you have in store!
Skyless11 chapter 10 . 8/1/2012
Ha... feels weird to be commenting on a commentary on another writer xD But Definitely, Kat deserved her spot there as she is indeed an amazing writer... She's actually the first slash writer I ever read, and that kind of raised the bar xD It's hard to find stories on her stories' level... But I am glad I stumbled upon her, because indeed, she has a great imagination and knows well what goes in the head of gay guys (which still leaves me in awe, thinking that's she's a girl...)
Hmmm... well... there's not much to say... I bet you know better than anyone just how good you comments on her are (though I bet many of the things you said even she didn't know xD)
Now. Do you take requests? I bet you already knew about her, but I'm rather curious about what you have to say about Kiyoshi'sGirl64 *I think? sorry if I misspelled the name*. (now I'll be on to reading your slashes.)
Cheers!
Sky
Picas Lei-Fur chapter 10 . 7/24/2012
I really do enjoy reading all of your reviews of the various authors on FictionPress. There are a lot of well-written stories that are really hard to find, and this essay just gave me a lot of reading choices :)
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 8 . 7/24/2012
I didn't really enjoy the story. It was well-written and smart at times, but I thought the characters were stereotypes and the plot was a bit too unrealistic.
What I did enjoy, however, was the Incubus aspect. I was convinced throughout the whole story - since the author's descriptions of Perry were so mysterious - that the conclusion would be something more 'fantastic'. As a consequence, the end twist didn't satisfy me at all. But that's personal preference, of course.

It wasn't a tender story either. Perry gets away with abusing people's feelings, where'd that part go? What with all the victims? Seems to me like Perry's idiot behaviour is considered normal, even justified.

Since you wrote such a positive review, Mr Heartbreak, I thought I could be critical. The author DID do a very nice job on the character descriptions. I have a feeling I was at least a bit familiar with all of them. They were interesting, and they left me wondering, wanting more of them, even. Although they were all pretty big a-holes if you think about it. So, yeah. Thanks again for this wonderful chapter.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 7 . 7/24/2012
This chapter on Honunjama is so awesome. I've only read 2 out of the 4 stories you pointed out, but now I'm motivated to read the rest. Your analysis is of an outstanding level, again. Thank you:)
Guest chapter 10 . 7/24/2012
I am so incredibly honored to be included in your incredibly thoughtful critique. This really gave an in-depth analysis of my writing... so in-depth that even perhaps I didn't know some of it. When I wrote my stories, the plots and the characters just kind of fell into my lap like long lost fantasies of mine. It's beautiful to understand that to someone else, there's a much bigger and deeper meaning. Because it's true... in my head, Wilson & Taylor are one person. Well, more like one soul. Soul mates. And I'm for the most part glad it came off that way, at least to you.

And it's true (although I am slightly ashamed to admit it) that James & Ryan are basically clones of Wilson & Taylor, except the story is flip-flopped (instead of focusing on Ryan's (Wilson's) struggle, it focuses on James' (Taylor's). I didn't exactly intend for it to be that way, but it makes perfect sense and I like what it means. The only reason I'm ashamed to admit it is because I feel guilty for not being able to create more complex and unique characters, since James & Ryan are so similar to Will & Tay.

I don't remember if I revealed it or not, but I'm so glad you caught on to the fact that Nathan's imaginary friends are in fact Wilson & Taylor. It's completely true, and I always intended it to be true. Because Nathan, in a sense, is me. And the boys in my head are Wilson & Taylor. Nathan's life mirrors my own in a way that I may not ever be able to reveal. But hopefully you're right: Two Halves will end up being my best story. Because it means that much to me.

I'm so humbled that you've written this review of my work. Thank you so much for taking the time to truly analyze every detail of my stories. Your individual comments on the chapters of my stories always help me. I always look forward to your reviews and the things you critique give me inspiration, as well as hope that I am writing a truly great story.

Thank you so much.

Love always, Kat.
Picas Lei-Fur chapter 6 . 7/23/2012
You gave very in-depth reviews for each author. I enjoyed reading your analysis of the stories.
tleiaxu chapter 9 . 7/9/2012
Oh my gosh... I am honored to be included in this growing analysis of work on FP. It is beyond interesting to read your thoughts on my stories. I had never considered "selfishness" as a theme, but now you have me convinced that you're right... Hmmmm! This feels like a psychoanalysis, I'd better be careful :)

You are fantastic, thank you so much for the sensitive, thoughtful analysis and critique. I can't express how happy and inspiring it is to be one of your subjects!
Rhapsodie chapter 8 . 7/9/2012
You made me shed a tear. I really have no idea what I can say.
Rhapsodie chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
I think that you have definitely created something amazing here. I've got all D'Neronique's stories opened on tabs on my browser, and I'll be reading them with your analysis in mind.
Honunjama chapter 7 . 6/23/2012
I’m sorry this took me so long!

First off I was *really* wowed you wrote all this about my stories, so thank you! And I enjoy your interpretations so much and I won’t comment too much on those, because whatever my stories mean to me is obviously secondary to what they might mean to anyone who reads them.

‘Bertrand Russell's definition of drunkenness – "temporary suicide"’ I lovelove that idea!

When you talk about ‘Wildflowers’ being about death, it really touches me because of the perspective I wrote it from, from where I was emotionally when I wrote that.

I guess what I want to say about ‘Love story’ is- I was attempting with the middle section to show a depressing, low scenario, where things become truly hopeless for the characters that is remedied by the uplift at the end. I haven’t read through it in a while, and as I’ve told you I’m not great at viewing pieces as a whole, but if I do edit, I will look at this aspect.

I was interested in what you had to say about “Swallow the White Feather”, about Alexander being the nexus- I hadn’t really thought of it that way! But yes, yes I can see that.

‘All Cats are Grey’ is my experiment in a lot of ways. I find it interesting that this is the work you are most effusive about as it is the one piece where I feel I am writing blind. Also, it’s in third and you know how I feel about that. I like that you’ve picked up the sort of echo I wanted Theo and Levi to have…I see it as though the same note is being played on different instruments, if that makes sense.

And you’re right, I do have a small XD obsession with connection, how and if people can connect deeply in some way…I guess this is true for my real life experiences as well as my stories…we’re all searching for something right…?

Love

Suki
TheEpicAlienGirl chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Would you consider looking at me? Just tell me if you hate me or love. I have three stories, enjoy.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »