Reviews for Political Engagement
CalliScribbles chapter 27 . 4/19/2012
Ice, M'love. And probably anything you've got in your medicine-cabinet that's anti-inflammatory.

Hmm, I'd almost forgotten about Tinia's goal there. You know, I think she's going to find something very constructive to do when this gets figured out.

Jevan was the one who made the snow cities, wasn't he?
Chowdizzle chapter 29 . 4/19/2012
yaaay finally some development! :D and poor orly being all emo with his love for rysem. can't wait for your next update!
Anoncauseimcool chapter 28 . 4/19/2012
This chapter made me cry! Honestly, sassan it's so sad! I always knew he loved him ..
fuzzipueo chapter 29 . 4/16/2012
Ruthless would be me saying: MORE detail. Inner dialogue. More description, not only about your characters but their surroundings.

Force them into a confrontation (maybe Orlenth's sister might helpful here [she's ready to move on I bet]) - I think that's what really needed. Right now it's approach to find out what's wrong but right when Rysem should have tried to force the issue, he retreats from the field. At this point, he needs to prove to be the able-bodied leader his people and the King thinks he is. Such a leader would take the bulls by the horns and confront Orlenth up front about his issues. It's time to pull the pair of them out of denial and make them realize that they have the potential to be a good team. Part of any healthy relationship is being able to communicate and these two aren't doing that.

Also, while I don't think crying is "adorable" I do think it is cathartic and there's no shame (or there shouldn't be) in anyone, male or female, crying another's shoulder.
dream-beautiful chapter 28 . 4/13/2012
Man, I wish Rysem could've just heard Orlenth's whole confession and swoop in and take him right there, hahha. O not. Update soon, this is too cute.
Fryvi chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
I don't have anything negative to say about the chapter. I guess I'm no good at being a ruthless criticXD

I really liked it, keep up the good work!:D
fuzzipueo chapter 28 . 4/12/2012
Good chapter. Sometimes you need the length.

I like that Orlenth has put forth an effort to get closer to Rysem. Unfortunately, his plan seems to have backfired on him, though I don't think that's Orlenth's fault at all this time... Rysem can be as insensitive as Orlenth, it seems.

Orlenth's breakdown at the end is pitch-perfect. Now he just needs to pull himself together and move forward. And maybe kick Rysem in the backside ...
Aquitaine chapter 27 . 4/10/2012
Angsty? Awww :( Youre still on probation, though, remember?

Anyway, I liked this chapter. I think that Rysem and Orlenth are kinda dumb to be sleeping together but still not recognize whether they even trust each other or not, but that's less constructive criticism than my opinion ;)

It seems like the conversations are a bit rushed at times, as if you find ways to end then prematurely because the dialogue is difficult to write (which I suppose I can't talk about - my dialogue sucks. People say it sounds too formal. Anyway, back to you)

Other than that, I really like this story and where (I hope) it's heading :)
plumblossom chapter 27 . 4/10/2012
Itf's good you're paying some attention to Tinia. SOme people would have forgotten about her by now . . .

Okay, I have had severe carpal tunnel syndrome for more than half my life, and I can tell you some things.

First: see a physical therapist _yesterday_. Not a doctor, not a chiropractor, not an accupuncturist, a _physical therapist_.

Contrast baths: get two dishtubs. Fill one with barely-warm water and one with barely-cool water. Hold your hand and forearm in one and then the other for twenty seconds each time, like ten times. Do this whole thing once or twice a day.

Exercises: here are some representative ones:

(I put Xs in the links to keep fp from eating them. If it doesn't wor, email me)

Exercise in general. Especially things that cause you to open up your shoulder, elbow, and wrist joints, and also things that cause you to get your blood going. Swimming is really, really good.

Deep tissue massage. If you can get a physical therapist for this, that is best, but anybody who does it is okay.

At least at first you may benefit from wrist braces, which you can get barely-okay versions of at drug stores if you have no medical insurance, but if you can afford custom-fitted ones from a hand clinic, it's much better.

Also, keep your hands moving when you type, stop and loosen up your shoulders a lot - roll them, flap your arms, stretch, etc. Warm your hands up before you work at anything or do exercises and cool them down, with ice if necessary, afterwards.

And get up and take a walk! (I get glued to the chair, myself. Thankfully, I have a dog, so I get out at least once a day no matter what).
Lynna chapter 27 . 4/10/2012
Things are working between them now, waiting to see love blossoms
fuzzipueo chapter 27 . 4/10/2012
Carpal Syndrome inhales to the extreme. I have it too and other than going to the doctor, I suggest getting a really decent wrist brace - a sort of glove like thing with a large strip of Velcro that goes around your wrist (the one I have is an ACE Bandage). This is one you can use during the day taking notes, doing daily stuff (unless your washing floors! Use gloves then.) I find it very helpful when my wrist is giving me the what-for. Also, you might get one of those things that immobilize your wrist for sleeping, that way you don't accidentally roll on your hand or hold it in a bad position when you're sleeping.
CalliScribbles chapter 26 . 4/9/2012
Kind of adorable, actually. Though poor Orlenth is now horribly confused. :)
Lynna chapter 26 . 4/8/2012
Cuutee!
Aquitaine chapter 26 . 4/7/2012
Awww this was sweet (In Rysem and Orlenth's way haha)

I hope they stay that way, but what is a relationship without a little conflict?
That Boy over There chapter 26 . 4/7/2012
His playful mood is adorable it makes me just want to snuggle him.

I want to cuddle both of them. :)
149 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »