Reviews for Political Engagement
CalliScribbles chapter 15 . 2/27/2012
At least you have the brace now. And honeycakes don't sound that bad...

Between this and Twins I actually feel like I have a good idea of what goes on in one of these festivals, so good job there. Explanations are not always necessary.

And Jevan! Been waiting to meet him for quite a while.
Lynna chapter 15 . 2/26/2012
Rysem and Orlenth form such a great pair, love to see their interactions!
kisilin chapter 14 . 2/23/2012
Jevan seem like a interessing character. I like his humor. I never notice that each chapter was in a different point of view... I think it's because Orlenth in his chapter think about Rysem, his past, his sister, friend. Rysem chapter have more "action" less introspection.

Rest you wrist,

kisilin
Lynna chapter 14 . 2/23/2012
Oh, so Jevan is back, how will things develop? Sorry about your wrist, thank you for taking the trouble to write!
plumblossom chapter 14 . 2/23/2012
I have had a rather severe carpal tunnel syndrome for over thirty years, myself. I got it working in a factory. For me,k typing hasn't been one of the things that sets me off.

I _think_ that's for two reasons. First -probably the biggest - is that everybody's different. The second, though, is that I never learned to type "properly," which means that my hands do not stay in the "correct" position, with each finger strictly assigned to its proper key. My hands move all around while I type, which means I could nver be as fast or accurate as the people who learned the correct way of typing, but it also means more circulation through the hands and less precisely repeated movement.

I don't know if that's helpful for you, but just in case . . .

So, Orlenth still has a kind of stupid worldview, doesn't he? And now I want to scurry back to the other story and refresh my memory of Jevan.
Misting Rain chapter 14 . 2/22/2012
I'm sorry to hear about your wrist. I love the fact that Orlenth met up with Jevan, but I'm hoping that he meets up with the twins at some point... great chapter.
Pandora's Jar chapter 14 . 2/22/2012
Solution to that carpal tunnel syndrome? A mircophone, and the willpower to talk to your computer without feeling like a dork. I have a similar affliction where my right arm flares up in pain after too much time writing. Since I hate the physical theripist, and actually am quite lazy to write anything out anyway... Okay well none of that is really important, so anyways thank you thank you. Brightened my midnight with this update, no seriously. Ah, before I forget, yes I like Jevan. No question about that. -PJ
CalliScribbles chapter 13 . 2/22/2012
Curiosity is starting to be satisfied. :)
Pandora's Jar chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
Again I really have nothing important to say. Chapter is awesome, it is lovely to read from a writer who knows what she is doing when it comes to storytelling and sharp clutter-free writing. I'll be waiting for the next chapter! Thanks again S.H. Marr!
Lynna chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
Can't wait to see the history of Orlenth and both of them knowing more of each other!
kisilin chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
Rysem never seem a jerk to me... I was just "sad" that a lot of people think that all of the bad things is kind of Orlenth fault. I was happy to see Rysem point of view in this chapter. It's seem to me that there are many chapter where we see Orlenth point of view but few where Rysem is the dosen't a hight opinion on Orlenth. That not really suprising. Tinia was supposed to take the title? That more suprising. I can wait to learn about Jevan. I'm sorry if somewere my review dosen't make sens. I understand english but writing it's more difficult. I think you had more review in last chapter beacause you deserve it.
CalliScribbles chapter 12 . 2/20/2012
Yay for compromise! Compromise is always good. If you needed help looking for spelling errors, none jump out at me. Though Tinia calling Orlenth 'Orly' continues to amuse me.

Yep, sure sign of jealousy on Rysem. He wouldn't give a fig about Orlenth dancing with someone else otherwise, because he spent the whole night trying to avoid dancing.

- That was still in from last chapter, because login is weird and occasionally useful.

For this chapter, I'm just utterly amused that Orlenth likes kids. Maybe talking to the townsfolk's kids is a good way for him to start learning about his own subjects, since he certainly does seem to be good at dealing with them, much better than picking up on things on the job.
kisilin chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Well, Rysem is really a bad teacher if it's somethings he was trying in chapter 12. This too are really bad at communicating. I read that most of your reviewer think that Orlenth is a bratz and Rysem the good guy who don't deserve this. Well, my opinion is a bite different (maybe because I like Orlenth) Really the problem it's they don't take the time to be in each other shoes. I like this chapter. They don't compromise in this chapter but I think We learn a bite about Orlenth. I was wondering if he had any responsabilities beside planning the equinox festival.
Lynna chapter 12 . 2/19/2012
Really love this story, hope to see your updates soon!
Pandora's Jar chapter 12 . 2/18/2012
Thank you for the update! Not much to say other than that.
152 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »