Reviews for Eight
YuriCore chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
Gah! Not crying isn't working! DX

The repeat at the end really made it more dramatic. The suspence was very well done.

I plan to write a FictionPress story about the end of the world soon, so I was searching to see if anyone else had written one. This is so sad... TnT

Very well done. .
FreedominExpression chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
One word: amazing.
Sunie chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
wow that was pretty neat. i liked the way it was written and stuff. also stop getting better at writing or else i'll become your inferior. duhuhuhuhuhuhuhu
FrostKnight chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This really, really made me think. You, my dear, are spectacular.

I actually cried a few tears. Eight minutes.

It makes you think that we take life for granted sometimes, and I love this so much.

This is definately going in my favorites.

Words can't express how much I love this.
dsf42 chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
This is beautiful. :) Eight minutes to live, huh? It really does make you think what you would do if you only had eight minutes.

I just wrote a similar story. Though it dwells on a different kind of perspective about 'the end'.

Yours is just... Wow. It actually grabs the attention of the reader unlike those where it just blabs on an on and on. You get what I mean? Its like, you clearly state what's happening, it wasn't confusing, it showed sense. Keep writing! :)
dsf42 chapter 1 . 1/20/2012

americanlebanese chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Oh my god this was amazing! I never usually find stuff that are worth reading around here but this was outstanding. Love how you made it so suspenseful, especially near the end (no pun intended LOL). I think you are a great writer.
Georgiaa137 chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
This is so beautiful, I love it! It really makes you wonder what you'd do with just eight minutes ...

It's really amazing how much you managed to build the characters, too, and the countdown was so intense. I look forward to reading more of your work. :)
Blayne chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Stunning piece. I particularly like the countdown, as I feel it contributes to the urgency of finishing those last few moments. But at the same time, it doesn't feel rushed. It definitely got my heart pounding for the characters :)

I was a little confused about who was narrating, before eventually realizing it was the same person. I think it's because I'm not sure where she starts in the beginning (in the classroom, I presume? But then why is there a "crowd"? Or are they in an assembly hall?) and then it's slightly hard to follow her trail. But other than that, I think this was absolutely fantastic. Kudos.
Ashheart5ooo chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Such a good story! I have always thought of what I would do when the world ended. Keep on the good work.
FreshmanWriting chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I love this story so much! Sometimes I remember what it would be like if the world ended. Eight minutes, just eight minutes. I guess I'd do the same thing the narrator did: kiss a boy and be with my best friend. Keep up the good writing : )