Reviews for Girls, Boys, and Other Enigmas
absentmindedprofessor chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
AWESOMELY AWESOME! I loved everything about this story - Jill's childishness, Kent's maturity (a complete juxtaposition, but a cute one), Jill's parents, THE RELATIONSHIP! What a fantastic, amazing, AWESOME one-shot! Sorry, I usually leave more coherently worded reviews, but I've just been struck dumb by the sheer beauty and wonderful-ness of this piece!
iggygriffiths chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
That was sooooo sooo soooooooooooo (I would continue but I think I'd run out of characters eventually) sweet! I think that this is one of the greatest oneshot (ish) stories I've ever read. This is amazing!
Preposterous chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Lol! This is one awesome, hilarious oneshot! I love how the protagonist is so awkward. It makes this story different.
taintedLullaby chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Awesome! This story is very epic! I think you should write a sequel!
WordsTasteLikeCaramel chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I cackled like a maniac when I read this story! I swear-even my one-eyed cat managed to give me a funny look (and trust me with one-eye it's quite difficult) and if I didn't review, I would have been arrested (it would have been a crime!). I'd be smirking and cackling all the way to the police station at the memory of your story. Then I'd show the police man the really funny parts of this story and he'd be cackling like a maniac too- the result? The holding cell filled with the stations own officers. (I just know that our nations best officers have a soft spot for romance!) Anyway- getting off track here! Sorry! But I really really just enjoyed it!

Made my day all sun-shine-y and sugar-rush-y.

*giggles* Flower-boys...
Le Meerkat chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
FUDGE THIS IS GOOD!

I completely love Jill, I can so relate to everything about her. I wish I could still be a child in front of everyone (in a good way)

AND I COMPLETELY LOVE YOUR WRITING STYLE

I read the story out loud, but I kept laughing. I even quote parts of your story (like 'All the greatest oak trees start out as nuts.')

Keep up all your good work. I really like your writing.

Improvements? hm... tricky... I guess more character development? even though it is a short story. and maybe Kent could have a bit more...substance? personality? something along those lines.
lexielight chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
oh god. she reminds me of someone. XD
Kalilah chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Haha this was so cute xD

Love how socially awkward she was, even more so than me!

I also don't know any parent who tells their teen aged children to keep watching parents. By the age of 10-12, mine were already saying I was too old to be watching them and I should grow up. Not that I ever listened xD Cartoons all the way.

But yeah, loved this :D Thanks for posting this up!
neinnonay chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
this is such a cute story, i started drying for some reason, i know stupid right?

anyways I loved it
J.Penner chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
So good! I don't usually read one shots, but I guess yours was my exception! :)

This was very well written and funny, which is what I really enjoy in a story.

I can't stand stories that aren't well written. This was great!

Thanks :)
pedestrian chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
This story is ridicuosly underrated. It's 12:48am and I'm glad I stayed up to finish it. Thanks for making my night with your brilliant words.
wervelende chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Aw, that was so cute! I liked how clean it was. I would've liked to have gotten to know Kent a little better, though.
EruptingFender9 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Look here, woman. This is epic. Truly, honestly epic. I've seen the whole popular-guy-chooses-loser-girl done a million times over, but this is the first time ever that I reached the end and DIDN'T have to ask myself, "Why her?" I know why her. Because she's quirky and hysterical and lovable and, seriously, awesome job.

Also, boys who clean? Hot. Boys who are over partying and their best friend's moronic antics? Hot. Boys who like a girl more than said-girl likes him? Hot.

Also also, her parents are masterfully done. Outrageous, yeah, but I always have an immense amount of trouble making my parent-characters anything but generic. Realistic and funny and great.

Also also also, some of this internal dialogue is hilarious. Specifically the bit about how he smells like magical donuts and whatnot. The entire time, the voice stayed unbelievably true to Jill's character.

Seriously, all-around great job. You've restored my faith in stories on FictionPress.

-Maria
ChaEL16 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
That was sooo adorable! It was totally uncliche, and i LOVE it. :D And I love how Jill has a weird character. Man, this is totally an awesome one-shot story! :D
andieanne chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I flipping loved your story! This is one of the stories that I genuinely loved. :D GOOD JOB, bro. :))) :D I like the fact that she's so like Jess from New Girl. It's just so... AWESOME. This story is very rare. :D I just seriously. AAAH loved it. :D
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »