Reviews for Girls, Boys, and Other Enigmas
J.Penner chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
So good! I don't usually read one shots, but I guess yours was my exception! :)

This was very well written and funny, which is what I really enjoy in a story.

I can't stand stories that aren't well written. This was great!

Thanks :)
pedestrian chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
This story is ridicuosly underrated. It's 12:48am and I'm glad I stayed up to finish it. Thanks for making my night with your brilliant words.
wervelende chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Aw, that was so cute! I liked how clean it was. I would've liked to have gotten to know Kent a little better, though.
EruptingFender9 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Look here, woman. This is epic. Truly, honestly epic. I've seen the whole popular-guy-chooses-loser-girl done a million times over, but this is the first time ever that I reached the end and DIDN'T have to ask myself, "Why her?" I know why her. Because she's quirky and hysterical and lovable and, seriously, awesome job.

Also, boys who clean? Hot. Boys who are over partying and their best friend's moronic antics? Hot. Boys who like a girl more than said-girl likes him? Hot.

Also also, her parents are masterfully done. Outrageous, yeah, but I always have an immense amount of trouble making my parent-characters anything but generic. Realistic and funny and great.

Also also also, some of this internal dialogue is hilarious. Specifically the bit about how he smells like magical donuts and whatnot. The entire time, the voice stayed unbelievably true to Jill's character.

Seriously, all-around great job. You've restored my faith in stories on FictionPress.

-Maria
ChaEL16 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
That was sooo adorable! It was totally uncliche, and i LOVE it. :D And I love how Jill has a weird character. Man, this is totally an awesome one-shot story! :D
andieanne chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I flipping loved your story! This is one of the stories that I genuinely loved. :D GOOD JOB, bro. :))) :D I like the fact that she's so like Jess from New Girl. It's just so... AWESOME. This story is very rare. :D I just seriously. AAAH loved it. :D
TheFateKeeper chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
EVERYTHING. I frucking loved everything about this. Jill's awkwardness and her adorableness and her aversion to cursing and her name and her mother and how she calls guys "flower-boys" and how it just sort of fits that her whole family is Asian. And Carlee's W-H-O-R-E-ness and how she's just a total blitch to everyone. And the part in Kent's monologue where he tells her she's fun and beautiful and how it PO's him that no one seems to see it and how Jill keeps interrupting him and JUST EVERYTHING :3
Disney Is Hardcore chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Ah omg that was so funny and cute! favourited :))
Lydia chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
cute haha
ConverseAllStar chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
:/ hm. i liked it. thank HEAVENS that there wasnt a whole bunch of kissing and crap between them until like the last four paragraphs. I like your writing style, and, yeah, it was good.
Lu chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Loved your story! I finished it just a sec ago and bookmarked it because I know I will be reading it again! :) I LoVE IT!
theKnobblyKneedWriter chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I can't even...

Oh my God, I...

jesus.

I actually freaking LOVED THAT. OH MY GIDDY GOD. It was so beautifully written I want to CRY! Honestly. That was phenomenal. And i kept cracking up at the Jon thing - legit. Out loud and everything.

Thank you thank you thankkk youuuu for writing this.
Ngoc1231 chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
OMG one of the best stories I've read in a longggggg time. I love your writing. And you have some amazing lines in this story like "Like magical donuts sprayed with clean man-soap." And the little spiel when Kent was trying on clothes.

The thing with Jon was funny though. And omg, the thing about asian mom and being forever alone. Yeah, I'm 20 and my mom still to this day says you better go find a good guy cus I don't want you to end up forever alone.

LOVEEDDD the story!

~*~Ngoc1231~*~
renegade01 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
wow. it feels like a mission geting to the end of this thing...lol. it seemed long when i first started but then i got into it and didn't even realise i was coming to the end.

cute oneshot. i felt a little sad for jill as she seemed to get quite lonely but i'm glad she gets kent in the end. ;)
Lenarea G. Tiger chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Absolutely love it. Wonderfully written, and I loved how Kent and Jill really sort of balance each other. This story we so adorable, I was practically squealing near the end, ha. Love it! :D
157 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »