Reviews for Flesh and Blood
Ellie Verita chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
This is gorgeous. Hauntingly beautiful content, and very well written.
RockyBottomIce chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Wow! Well done and totally creepy! LOVE this idea, very unique! Your description blows me away in some parts, especially your introduction. You have a gift with words :)
Cerobi chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
The first thing that caught my attention was your vocab. Oh god, you're beautiful vocab. After the first paragraph from the eerie narrator/s, (the creepy collective 'we') I was in this story, hook, line, and sinker.

Imagery pulled me deeper. "Crimson condensation"..."Her instincts have made a puppet; desire pulls the strings"...These are wonderful descriptions, creative, original. The concept as well. Every character has his/her own quirks, voice, and way of being. That the perspective is of the trees adds another layer of addictive originality. They take the place of the omniscient narrator and add personality. To be honest I haven't seen anything like this done before and I adore it.

The ending is creepy, startling, and graceful. I can almost see the trees swaying in the wind, remembering Eve and her story.

Somehow, though, lost in the narrative, I mistook Leonard for the human stranger she encountered. I didn't realize there were two 'men' until they fought. This was likely just my fault, though.

Beautiful narrative. Absolutely beautiful.