Reviews for Romance on a Mexican Train
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Come on, baby, do the locomotion! :)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. This poem made me think of that song. I really like it - the poem, I mean. It brought a huge smile to my face. You and your impeccable humor.
killMeN0w chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This was highly amusing. It made me giggle the first time I'd read it. EXTREMELY adorable. You are great at humor and I can't wait to read more like these from you.
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Lol xD Very cute, funny, and most likely true. Very nice, keep it up :D
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Okay, so, (I apologise in advance for this) before I review this one properly, I feel like putting in an extra couple of cents worth into my last review (to 'Swoon Song') after being curious and clicking on the reviews that people had already left you. And I can't double review, otherwise I would.

First, (and I know that this is going to come out a little angrier than I intend it), but one of the problems with people (i'm kind of wanting to say men, but I'll leave it as 'people') is their almost-phobia of dealing with the 'messy bits' of female anatomy. I mean, seriously. Icky? Really? (sorry for singling out that reviewer, and I'm not saying anything about you, just your particular choice of words). Men have it kind of simpler this way: losing their virginity doesn't really do much to them - there's no blood, no breaking of tissue, no pain. It's a huge thing for most women, despite what's put into popular media, and I know that I'm not speaking for my entire gender, but it just makes my eyebrows and my temper that little bit twitchy, when people (again, men) are squeamish about that sort of thing. The mechanics of a woman's reproductive system are an incredibly sensitive issue, and it's things like that which contribute so, so much to so many of the emotional issues that hundreds upon thousands of young women have to contend with every day, and it upsets me.

The idea that a girl might think that her vagina is not pretty enough for a boy or is off-putting to him somehow is easily one of the most depressing things ever. I'm not saying that this doesn't go both ways, because it does, and I know plenty of girls who spit instead of swallow, but the point here, is that women go through a hell of a lot, in terms of having periods and messing around with contraceptives and when someone says that part of their anatomy is in any way distasteful – even in a “clinical” sense is going to be upsetting. And surely people of both genders can understand that. The breaking of a girl’s hymen is not exactly a clinical phenomenon. Well, it is, in the same way an ejaculation is, or menstruation is. And I know that it’s not always in an environment where a girl feels safe or loved or like she can trust the person she’s with. But in (what I hope) are a lot of cases, despite the discomfort, it’s a really, really important thing. In popular media, it’s made out to be like a special kind of present. And it is a little like that, but it’s so vastly different to the act of giving a present in a way that I’m pretty sure only a girl who has lost her virginity can fully comprehend.

And yes, romance fiction (and film) portrays the entire sex thing in a way that is often quite different from reality, which kind of irritates me. Sex is not supposed to be neat and clean and perfect. It is messy, it is wet, it’s sometimes loud, and sometimes dirty. And it’s these things that make it real, because everything you see, and everything you read just, well, isn’t.

And after all of that, it’s refreshing to see somebody write about it, without putting any extra flourishes or frills on it, or omitting the parts that aren’t picture (or word) perfect.

That’s all.

As for “Romance on a Mexican Train”, it’s cute and it’s simple and the imagery makes me smile.

Do the locomotion, baby. :)

. darker shade of pale