Reviews for The Raining King
JaneMonroe chapter 184 . 3/11
Wow.
I have been reading this story off and on since the beginning of the school year. I'm SO glad you're looking into publishing, because this is truly a masterpiece. I loved every minute of it! Other than some missing words here and there, it was very well-written, both in terms of mechanics and the plot points. The ending was absolutely perfect as well.
I'm upset that it's over, lol! I feel like I've just finished reading a legit novel. But I agree with what you said above- a sequel wouldn't do much. Our imaginations are better.
Keep up the good work... I'd love to see you write something more of this genre in the future.
Bluedarkness chapter 157 . 11/8/2013
This seems like a very believable perspective. I think everyone starts out thinking they'll stay in the same place their whole lives, just because they can't see themselves anywhere else. But after you visit other places, then you realize that you could really live anywhere, and the world expands drastically. I think it's part of the process of growing up.
Bluedarkness chapter 156 . 11/8/2013
Never been on a roller coaster! I hope that gets remedied...:)

Cool description of the thunderstorm. Although, I like thunderstorms. Too bad for him that he doesn't.
Bluedarkness chapter 155 . 11/8/2013
His thoughts on the temperature, and walking around with just shorts on made me smile, just for the similarities to culture shock. I suppose it is, in a way - the culture in Alaska must be very different than the culture of the east coast.
Bluedarkness chapter 154 . 11/8/2013
Their reactions to the store are almost like the reactions of a foreigner to the country - I actually laughed out loud at them. :)

And I really liked the part about Kurt not being afraid of the water, just not sure what you're supposed to do in it. It was an awesome line.
Bluedarkness chapter 152 . 10/18/2013
I've been on planes lots of times, so it's fun to see him so freaked out about this. I mean, not freaked out exactly, it's just a very normal reaction to a completely new situation. But I think it's funny, :)
Bluedarkness chapter 151 . 10/18/2013
That is a really weird dream...but I suppose dreams are usually weird.
Bluedarkness chapter 148 . 10/18/2013
I like how many arguments he needs to convince himself to go. :)
Bluedarkness chapter 146 . 10/18/2013
I laughed when he got "marked". :). Moo is quite a character.
Bluedarkness chapter 145 . 10/18/2013
I like his thoughts on how life doesn't really change all that much immediately after graduation. It seems like we all know it won't, but somehow it's still a surprise when it doesn't. Very realistic
Bluedarkness chapter 144 . 10/18/2013
Hmm - somehow my email stopped notifying me of new updates to this story. I don't know how - but I've just noticed today that I've gotten really behind. But I'm not too sad, because this means I get to read several new chapters all at once. :)

I just wanted you to know that in sorry I'm so late.
Bluedarkness chapter 143 . 9/22/2013
So that's why he hugged him - it was goodbye. Sad. But you have left room here for something to happen if it wants to, so there is the slight chance that maybe they will learn to be friends again. Slight chance.

Anyway, I liked this chapter just as much as I liked all the other ones. Thank you for updating.
Bluedarkness chapter 142 . 9/18/2013
Wow, that was a really fast update! Thanks!

I like this chapter. I was homeschooled, so I don't know what it's like to have a last day of school, the last day of being in a building you've been going to since kindergarten. But you've described it really well, and I can almost taste the sadness. But of course, it's not entirely sad, because the ending of this period of his life is just the beginning of a new one; and I think you've conveyed that feeling well too.

So, great job.
Guest chapter 141 . 9/17/2013
Well, I'm excited and sad that it's almost done. I'm excited to see how it ends, but then I will be sad that there won't be any more updates. I guess that's just how life works. :)

Great job on the new chapter. I like that we got to see a little bit more of his dad, and his work; it was interesting to hear how Kurt sees it, and his dad.

And I like the parts about badminton, probably because I just discovered the game myself, and it IS pretty fun. It doesn't seem like a very popular sport in the US, but I have no idea why - I like it a lot. So that was just one more little thing that helped me relate to Kurt.

So great job, thanks for sharing, and I look forward to mre updates soon!
Bluedarkness chapter 138 . 9/13/2013
I'm still reading!

A little delayed, but I am still here and I wanted to make sure you knew that. :)

Great new chapters.