Reviews for MarySue: Who Is She?
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 9 . 11/19/2013
Actually, Isabella is an old form of Elizabeth and has nothing to do with either chimes or beauty. Until the end of the 14th century, a woman could be called Elizabeth on one document and Isabel on another.
(Elizabeth is one of the most useful names to stick on a character. It's not just Eliza, Lizzy, Beth, Bess, Betsy, Bettina, Elspeth, Liesl, Lisette, Tetty, and so forth; there is also a German nick name, Lili, which slides into Lily. As originally used, it had no tie to the flower, but it does offer Lillian, Lilias, etc as options.)
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 4 . 10/30/2013
Passive voice is this: "Genna was hit by James".
"T. stepped back in order to avoid the blade swinging at his neck" is all active. It's too verbose and chunky, yes, and should be rewritten on that score, but it is not passive voice. The basic sentence is still 'T. stepped back' or 'T. avoided the sword'.
Grey Ghostwritter chapter 11 . 5/26/2013
This was amazing. To tell the truth I have created plenty of MCs and read plenty of smut good and bad. Over the past yer tho
Lolitroy chapter 11 . 2/18/2013
So awesome! It was really entertaining to read. I like your tone and your references, and I'd never seen any guide so complete! Really good! I'm even favoriting it! Haha
AurorA-Kojima chapter 5 . 4/3/2012
This is pretty informative. I like it. :)
Melody Niwa chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
LOVING THIS. There's a lot of good pointers and advice here. Thanks! :D
not Ross chapter 4 . 3/31/2012
wow. insightful. interesting. reaffirming some of the things I've thought in the back of my mind and never taken the time to put words to! I enjoyed reading that very much, and usually, I don't like people telling me how to write in such broad terms (broad because you don't know what the heck I'm writing, yet it still seemed to apply to me). I can give this nothing but a thumbs up!

P.S. call me a stalker, but I saw on your profile that you're planning on reading the Ender's Game series. You can't get to that soon enough! Particularly Speaker for the Dead - it's currently my favorite book. Just sayin' :)

not Ross
RockyBottomIce chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
I really liked this. Adding you to my Fav authors! You've addressed one of those stereotypes that drive me up the wall, that I try like hell to avoid. Good job! I'll send folks to this essay when I see them writing Mary-Sues into their work!
sweety death from fan fic chapter 4 . 1/31/2012