Reviews for A Song for a Siren
Teenytiny111 chapter 8 . 6/24/2013
You've done it again! I'm still as hooked as ever.
I think we're now seeing that this is not your typical fantasy/pirate/romance story. There's more too it and it's getting pretty dark - darker than I expected. Which is excellent - it's always nice to see something different.

The creepy, shadowy creature we were introduced to in your previous chapters (either 2 or 3) - was that Colt? Or another? I'm curious to see what his story is - something I hope you will expand and develop on. I loved the whole chapter, description was excellent as was all the detailling of the town (I LOVED Anna's acting - very well pulled off!)
I was right! She's one of those Guardian people - that I can't wait to read more of and when Hart finds out - there's going to be hell to pay teehee! :) (Please don't be too hard on him...)

Your writing has got better and better and as I said - you had me completely hooked and excited for the next chapter.
Keep going! Looking forward to chapter 9.
Good job!

Teeny x
Sombrette chapter 2 . 6/21/2013
Hey, from Roadhouse.

So first, I wanted to comment on some things I saw in the prologue. The main this, is the tense switching. I'd watch out for it. I'm not exactly sue what tense the narrator is trying to speak in. Past it seems. But when she's telling this 'story' it switches to present sometimes. Example:

[Many more moons {pass} and treasure hunters {began} to suspect that the sirens {are}guarding something valuable.] - 'pass' should be 'passed' since this is supposed to be past tense, 'began' is making this sentence past tense so the rest should be so, 'are' should be 'were'.

[I won't let that man touch the things I love the most in this world again.] - And here, I'm confused with this. Is she talking about her father? Does she resent him that much? I didn't really get that vibe when she was speaking about how her taught her fencing and MMA. Especially with her acknowledging him 'trying his best'
*shrugs* And with this chapter, her upset over her father's disappearance, I doesn't really make much sense to have that thought, unless something happens later on that we don't know about.

For this chapter...I'm not sure I like the POV switch simply because it's a switch and I was expecting another 1st person chapter. But I like 3rd person best so I suppose I can get used to it ;p

[Anna's {drive way} that she {even} noticed she hadn't moved since she called 911.] - driveway should be one word. And I think you should drop the 'even', it's not really necessary.

[but {it} in Anna's head it sounded like a distant echo.] - Take out 'it'

[ the argument {her} and her father had just yesterday.] - should be 'she and her father'

[Bartley took his niece's hand into his own and said{ }"You know your father wouldn't do that."] - Comma after 'said'
[She could home again this morning,] - It seems like a word is missing here.

I can't say I'm liking Anna as a character at this point. She seems to have a sour attitude. With her throwing the blanket in her uncles face and her thoughts on her father which she can't seem to make up her mind about. Not very relateable yet. There wasn't much character building this chapter though so I won't completely judge her yet. Hopefully my opinion will change.

I did like the little hints about I'm guessing what she really is. And I'm going to assume is a Siren. The lullaby, the unknown yearning in her throat, and the crave of the ocean scent. I thought that was nice and gives us a little peek into what she is without just outright saying it.

The scene with her being 'transported' was written nicely with a good amount of description. Well done.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/12/2013
Woo! I was so excited to see this update...I think this is one of the best stories on this site!
Update again soon!
Teenytiny111 chapter 7 . 5/4/2013
Well, well, well. I think I've just found my new favourite author. This was absolutely FANTASTIC! I had this story saved in my favourites, but I can't remember actually reading it and I'm so glad I did.

You have an excellent writing style and the description you use is so detailed - I feel like I'm actually on the pirate ship gazing into the green eyes of Captain Zachary Hart (LOVE the name - it really suits him!) who sends shivers down my spine.

I'm really excited to see where this story goes and what happens to Anna (I'm guessing she's one of those guardians of the temple) and I can't wait for Hart to find out either and how he will react. There seems to be a lot of chemistry between them, so that is something I hope you develop.

Looking forward to the next chapter and I hope it will be as detailed and as exciting as the others were! I will be keeping a close eye on this story...
Teeny :)
Teeny :)
Mrs Sorbo chapter 7 . 3/30/2013
ohh adventure, fantasy, pirates, time travel ! Just describing this tale is amazing. I eagerly await your next instalment. Thank you for writing :D
Ciara Adler chapter 7 . 3/27/2013
Holy Crap! I just found this, and I'm riveted! It's been a long time since I've found a fantasy adventure that I enjoyed thoroughly D In my opinion, the story line is moving along just fine! The non-mystery of Anna's connection to the crew via her father is also entertaining, though not so frustrating that it makes you want to "rage quit" (sorry, I'm mixing mediums, here). Please continue this great story, I can't wait to find out how the adventure unfolds!
Arabea chapter 6 . 8/23/2012
I think the story is going a tiny bit slow, but I don't think it's a bad pace. It's too early to tell a favorite character, as well - for me, at least. Can't wait to read more! )
ALittleBitCrazy chapter 6 . 8/23/2012
Okay, so in my opinion this story has not gotten nearly as many reviews as it deserves! It's brilliant! I love the plot line, the character development, and the way it's written.

I like how each pirate on board has his own well-developed personality; they're not just thrown into the background of the story, they actually play a part. The way you wrote the duel was awesome! I could easily picture everything that was happening, and it didn't seem rushed, nor did it seem too detailed.

Anna's a cool main character. Normally I don't like female protagonists, because I find them whiney and annoying, but Anna is completely different! The fact that she can hold her own in a fight and has a strong personality just makes her totally kickass.

Captain Hart...where do I start? (Haha, that rhymed...) He's also a great character. I personally like his moodiness, because it gives him some depth. And if he wasn't moody some of the time, it wouldn't be realistic, because he is being hunted down by a lot of different people. But I also like that he's able to lighten up and poke fun at Anna.

The first two chapters...I have to admit, I kind of skimmed through them, up to the point where Anna activated the Ark of Time. But I think that may just be my skipping-to-the-action reading style, and not necessarily your writing. After she landed on the ship, I was hanging on to every word. So while in the beginning maybe it was a little slow, it certainly is going at the perfect pace now. There aren't any useless scenes; at least, none that I can think of.

My favorite character has to be Hart. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a charming blond pirate :)

I'm most curious about Liam's backstory, mostly because it sounds like he had a rough life as a teenager since his dad prostituted him out. Are we going to learn more about him?

I don't really have any predictions about what will happen, but I'm really excited to see how the story and relationships (especially between Hart and Anna) develop. This review was a lot longer than I expected, but I had a lot of praise, I guess.

I'm looking forward to the next update!

ALittleBitCrazy
the Reader chapter 5 . 7/23/2012
Hey,
I really like your story. Very interesting plot, nicely written with great characters. Can't wait untill next chapter ;)
xoxo
Moon Sage chapter 5 . 7/23/2012
Certainly very interesting and just the anticipation of who "Robert" is to the both of them (revealing) will be interesting. ;)
Arabea chapter 5 . 7/22/2012
It certainly was interesting. :) I can't wait to see how awkward that encounter with her grandma will be. lol. And I can't help but wonder if there isn't a love triangle forming...
Arabea chapter 4 . 6/17/2012
Horray for Anna being a badass! D Seriously - I can't stand a heroine who just sits there and is useless. And I'm sure her little slip-up will lead to some interesting outcomes. ) Can't wait to read more!
Arabea chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
This story is really interesting so far! ) I love a good adventure, and this certainly seems like one! I can't wait to read more.
Embarrassed chapter 2 . 2/20/2012
I really like it so far, it has a lot of potential. My only criticism would be that you seem to have some troubles maintaining your verb tense, but it's an easy fix. There are also a few other grammatical mistakes, but nothing major. Hope you update soon :)