Reviews for Come Rain Or Come Shine
RoShAn chapter 28 . 5/4/2012
Great chapters that had made me start speculating about the endings. You have an interesting knack of maintaining a reader's attention
PonyTricks chapter 28 . 5/4/2012
I'm thinking it might have been Richard or Whitney that phoned the cops, but maybe it was Derek. Not that I'd blame him one bit. Dylan has no right to be upset with his brother, since Dylan is the one totally in the wrong here, in more ways than one. He's made his own bed, now he needs to lie in it. As far as Kenzie goes, she needs to pay attention to her own words... "it only takes one time"... I think she might be floating down the River of Denial at this point.
PonyTricks chapter 27 . 5/4/2012
Wow.. That's all I can say about Sophie... is wow. She's ragging on Derek about cheating on her, when she's been cheating on HIM for YEARS with his twin brother! And then she even lies about when she started having the affair during this confrontation. At least Derek's figured out that Matthew wasn't his baby. You mentioned that Sophie may become more sympathetic as this story goes along, (those onions have layers, as Donkey likes to say) but so far she's just as bad as the evil Cruella DeVille. Okay, I'm done now with the Disney references. LOL! Great chapter!
Mirabelle P chapter 28 . 5/4/2012
Wow, now that's what I call speedy updating! (not that I'm complaining, it's really nice to be able to read the story in more or less one go!)

Thank you for your reply to my review - it's so nice to hear the other side of the story! I thought the text might have been based on personal experience - or at least to a certain extent. I can't quite figure out what gave it away, but the whole story does have a certain feeling of real life to it, which makes it very interesting.

About the last few chapters you've posted: I really enjoyed the way you build up the tension with each of the storylines. I guess it's also helped by the fact that you post quite a few chapters in one go, it makes it easier to get back into the story.

There's one thing that I have noticed in one of the later chapters (sorry, can't quite remember which bits I'm thinking about specifically, but I'll find them for you if you're interested) - there are times when you describe things that the characters do, when it comes across as a bit of a list (as in "I did blah, then blah. Then I did blah. And I did blah."). I felt like it gave those parts a bit of a mechanical feel, which set them apart from the rest of the text where the narrative flows much better. Perhaps if you varied your sentence structure a little rather than starting each sentence with a pronoun, these bits would integrate with the rest of your text much better...? (does that even make sense? I hope it does!)

Anyway, it's just a little note on the side. Thank you very much for another batch of wonderful chapters! I'm looking forward to reading more! xx
PonyTricks chapter 26 . 5/3/2012
Another piece of the puzzle falls into place. The first baby was Dylan's too. Oh, dear. I just can't imagine why Sophie is refusing to get a divorce from Derek, since her affair with Dylan has been going on for a long, long time. Unless she just loves playing the brothers against each other, which wouldn't speak very strongly of her love for Dylan, would it? Maybe she's one of those people that simply can't love. Michael is a good name for a boy. My nephew is named Michael. :) And if the baby is a girl, they could always name her Faith Michaela, or Michaela Faith, since Faith is usually a girl's name. (I was fond of "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman." Sully was just SOOOOOO hot...)
PonyTricks chapter 25 . 5/3/2012
Dang. As if things weren't complicated enough already. I'm assuming Dylan is the daddy, but you know what they say about the word 'assume.' Derek is going to have a cow. (as Bart would say) And Derek is probably going to be jealous that Dylan is going to be a father, while he lost his baby, too. If there ever was a baby that needed to be adopted, I'd say it would be Sophie's baby. Talk about a dysfunctional family. LOL! Maybe one of the sisters could adopt this poor baby, which will probably be born addicted to drugs.

My brother and his wife fostered a baby girl that was born addicted, and the poor little girl cried and cried for weeks as she went through withdrawal. Fortunately, she got adopted by some really nice people, and my brother and his wife still babysit for them, so they are still part of her life. The little girl (Ellie) is a bit spoiled now. My sister-in-law said she took Ellie (she's four now) to a toy store to buy her a toy, and Ellie kept pointing to all the toys and saying, "I have that one, and I have that one, and I have that one..." LOL

So I am hoping there might be a happy ending for this baby!
PonyTricks chapter 24 . 5/2/2012
Why do I have the feeling that Kenzie's sense of being safe is about to come crashing down around her head? At least Derek knows the truth now. Kenzie's right about his family being overprotective isn't doing him any favors.
PonyTricks chapter 23 . 5/2/2012
See? Derek is being sensible about Kenzie's promotion. Good for him. Although I am concerned that Mr. Forrester has less pleasant plans for Derek in the future. Could they legally get away with firing someone for being ill? Or could they fire him for consorting with Kenzie, instead?

And I also have a feeling that Dylan would lose more than just his job if/when he gets caught with Sophie. Hiding a known wanted criminal is aiding and abetting, isn't it? He could end up in the slammer, too. *face worried*
PonyTricks chapter 22 . 5/2/2012
A lot sure just happened in that chapter. I know that Kenzie doesn't think her promotion is a good thing, but I'm also pretty sure she's not seeing everything clearly right now. It seems to me that she's still in a good position to try to help Derek, but without the added stress of being his subordinate at work. And WHAT is Dylan up to?
Mirabelle P chapter 18 . 5/2/2012
Hey! Just a quick review to say that I really like your story so far and that I'm very excited to see what will be coming up next! I wasn't expecting the general storyline to go quite the way it is going, which is making it a very interesting read.

On the whole, I really like your characters - they're varied, realistic, interesting and likeable. I thought the way you go about describing Derek's condition and how it affects him and the people who love him was particularly interesting and thought provoking. My one tiny reservation would be to be careful with Kenzie - make sure she doesn't turn out too 'nice' (which I don't really think she is at the moment, but there's definitely a risk of her becoming that).

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I hope it is on some level.

Thanks for a great story and keep it going! I'll be looking forward to reading more of it! xx
PonyTricks chapter 21 . 5/2/2012
Uh, oh... You're an evil author, leaving your readers with a cliff-hanger! LOL!

I have a feeling that Dylan is in hiding with Sophie, and BOY is THAT going to get him in deep-doo-doo.
PonyTricks chapter 20 . 5/2/2012
It turns out that Mum is being more than a bit hypocritical about her own life vs. her son's life, isn't she? Kenzie sure has ammunition to throw Mum's direction if it ever comes to a knock-down, drag-out argument with this bossy lady.

Now I'm even more worried about Kenzie, since it sounds like this medication is going to make Derek even MORE difficult to live with, at least for a while. No wonder he avoids taking pills. I think I would, too.
PonyTricks chapter 19 . 5/2/2012
I must say I'm quite surprised about Whitney's behavior toward Derek. After Derek described her as anti-establishment, I was expecting more of a 'free spirit' so-to-speak. And she surely must know what a terrible wife Sophie has been. Unless she and Sophie are in cahoots. (don't you just love that word...) On the other hand, she IS baking bread for her son, so she can't be all that bad! :)
RoShAn chapter 21 . 5/2/2012
Another set of flawless chapters from one of my favorite online authors. The tone and pace of these chapters enhances the story's realistic feel. You should really attempt to get this published once you are done.

I particularly loved the fact that you had placed plot twists at all the right places. There is one question though. Will Mackenzie's previous life in the previous chapters play its part in the oncoming chapters? Does it have relevance?

Anyways, great story development so far.
CieloRayn chapter 2 . 5/1/2012
I like the description you use and also the big words though some readers might not understand them all. I like the tone and voice you use to describe Mackenzie's life. Also I was wondering if you could review my story, Kiwaku.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »