Reviews for An Island Feels No Pain
Honunjama chapter 18 . 8/12/2013
Great chapter:) I still don't know! The flowers have got to be creepy though, haven't they? Tyler and Mason's relationship is very cute- all their silent communication that Doug picks up on- and I love the extra dimension it adds. I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Suki
spcecse7 chapter 18 . 7/30/2013
*squel* omg I'm addicted to this story plllllleeeaaaasssseeer update soon your stories are soooooo good thank u for writing them ummm...it's just sometimes a little difficult to figure out who's pov it is I had to reread some chapters a second time lol I do like it from both POVs though other than that *squeal* I really hope u update soon
Guest chapter 18 . 7/30/2013
I am so glad you are writing this again! I just read the last two chapters with Tyler, and I love them! I absolutely adore how Doug and Mason are getting along. They are starting to really get to know each other, yet there is still this wonderful tension (partly sexual ;) underlying their relationship. I feel really bad for Doug getting beaten up and being so scared, he is such a wonderful and complex character. And I love Mason for beginning to realize that Doug is actually sweet and fragile, just scared and worried. And the flowers were creepy! Or at least that's how I took them. And I think the mugging was intentional. . . man this is getting intense! I never pictured this being a crime story or thriller, but if that is where it is going (along with Thanksgiving at Mason's house), I love it! Can't wait for the next update, beautiful writing!
Pantu chapter 18 . 7/26/2013
Yay, I love these guys, thanks for updating.
I like that Doug is starting to relax and not get so defensive about his feelings. I really hope thanksgiving doesn't destroy him, but at least he has Tyler as well as Mason to keep him sane.
And I also hope that whoever it was that attacked Doug (I have my suspicions) gets caught (and fired). Hmm Would they really not suspect James (even just a little bit) given that he's already tried to blackmail Doug, and Doug basically just threatened to get him fired?
Just a thought, but your writing is great as usual.
-Pantu
kadabrafreak890 chapter 18 . 7/25/2013
Glad we finally got this chapter! I just love seeing the three of them interact, it seems so natural. And I love the unspoken twin language between Mason and Tyler, I've seen it before. :3 Can't wait for more!
UnbridledSilence chapter 18 . 7/25/2013
LOL "twinning"
I love the interaction between the three of them; good chapter!
kadabrafreak890 chapter 17 . 7/7/2013
Thanks for the shoutout and glad you finally updated! I love this chapter, mostly because of Doug's interactions with Tyler are awesome and I think Tyler and Mason's interactions are great as well.

I'll be sure to bug you plenty in the future so you update a bit quicker. :D
Inebriate chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Hm ….

Dougie and Mason are in an office in LA and “…and it's too fucking cold right now…” for Doug to go out to lunch? Really? Doug’s from the tropical side of Glasgow, I guess. Maybe it should be raining, sometimes it does that in LA.

“… until I burn and then I peal.” “… to peal away the prickly outer coating.” Peal like bells or peel like an orange?

‘Arsehole’ is used in one sentence, ‘asshole’ in another.

These technical glitches jumped out at me, but otherwise your chapter one prose is to be envied. I don't ordinarily read M/M slash (yeah, right, you're thinking) but I’ll likely read further.

Cheers.
asesyaquacorn chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
thanks for the chapter! I was laughing so much at the end :)
P.Nutter chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
You have no idea how desperate I have been to read the next chapter of this! But I tell ya, it was definitely worth the wait. I loved all the interaction and Oh, if only Doug was straight... and real... actually just real as well as Mason, and then I could just fangirl over them for hours on end. Although it may annoy Doug... XD
I'll stop wittering on now. I loved this and I can't wait for an update! :D
Honunjama chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
I was really happy to see you'd posted your chapter:) I just want to tell you again how much I enjoy this story and I can't wait for the next installment!

Sukix
misspelledideas chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
That...was...beautiful. I LOVED how you wrote Tyler, he was perfect had his reservations about Doug, but looked past that. I love love love Tyler. And Mason being able to tell that something was wrong with our Dougie. And everything about this chapter. I can only hope that we get to meet the rest of Mason's family, and that we get more Mason/Doug interactions in the near future.
Pantu chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
Wow, I just read this from start to finish. It's effectively destroyed my afternoon but I loved it. I'm not usually even a fan of first person, espcially with such a lot of internal monologue, but it worked perfectly.

It's all writen really well, and I love the character's you've created and the way they bounce off each other so naturally. Your accents were also really good. I don't know if you did it on purpous but I noticed Doug speaking more scottish by this chapter compared to the first couple. By the end of this chapter he's actually sounding scottish in my head and I realised I was hearing "cannae" when you'd writen "can't" lol.

I wish I could offer something more constructive, in terms of feedback. But honnestly, I loved it and I can't wait to read more. I really hope that Mason and Doug get their happily ever after but I also hope it takes a long time to get there so I can read loads more.
Arabseque chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
So excited for this chapter and it def lived up to expectations! Can't wait for the next chapter : D
htoo chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
omg! welcome back ! Thank for the update!
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »