Reviews for Trapped Again!
Dyann Burian chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Once again you made me smile...not least of which because I have a horror or going to the mailbox and getting locked out-I always put a shoe in the door opening so it can't close with a blast of wind or something! You might want to think about that option with your balcony...I know you're Dad posted on Facebook recently that you BOTH really did get stuck out there! LOL
The-child-at-heart chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
That was a good one, it is both light hearted and funny. It's a great story, Keep up the writing!
concerned chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
this one wasn't bad at all!
she showed a good understanding of stranger danger
Theresa chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Great story . You had me holding my breath wondering how you were going to get off that balcony before you froze . Aren't Dads great !
AnnMarie Hammond chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
ha ha ... again!

great story xx
speckov chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
That was exciting! I really liked it, Maddie! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I especially liked the part where you tweeted your dad to get his attention :) very creative and interesting - you have a real knack for writing and I can't wait to see your name on the cover of books one day!
Natalia chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Well done! It's very interesting and pleasant to read. And looks like the true story though I guess it's not. You have very lively imagination really. It's good for a writer.
Gina Pallister chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
This makes me happy that I don't have a balcony lol I could just imagine how often the twins would get locked out
Silke Reinartz chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I felt nearly all kinds of emotions by reading this story. Curiosity at the beginning, then fun and then I was shocked. I had to laugh about this twitter-thing and then I was astonished. At the end I felt warmth and love. Very good. An adventure that once almost happened to me.

Sorry if my English is not perfect. I (gizzymaus) follow your dad on twitter and he mentions your stories from time to time. This time I thought I really should read some of your works, Maddie. And it was worth it.
I'll read more and I try to give exploitable reviews. :-)
hazelsharp28 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This is a great sequel to the first trapped on the balcony story! :D
makaeru chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Your narrative is well paced, and your prose is a delight to read. I would have thought you were much older based on how well you write. I hope you don't get trapped on the balcony again, though it would probably make for another great story.
spikespet2002 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Just wanted you to know that I am really enjoying your balcony stories. Have locked myself out of my house numerous times as both a child and an adult, I can totally relate.
spndean chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
this 1 makes u feel like ur sitting there with them.
CatSchneider chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Haha, I think the balcony is cursed. That's really funny :)
Patricia Davis chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This anecdotal offering from MaddieB sheds light on books and covers and judgment.

Trapped -again!- on her balcony, MaddieB seems to be in for it; no one knows she is there because everyone thinks she is somewhere else. And it's raining.

Mr Bolton, the hero from our adventurer's previous balcony escapade (or escape) revisits the reader's imaginations again, but this time he engages help on two fronts. Even though the author's persona is busy crying for help in cyberspace (not a bad spot to visit, actually), it is Mr Bolton who comes through in real time.

MaddieB is having a nice day. Good weather and conversation, combined with hot chocolate, is anyone's definition of a good time. Alas, plans go awry and, once again, that door is the culprit!

What to do? Darkness is on its way in just as the cavalry (Dad) is on its way away. The weather even turns against our heroine as she tweets and calls for assistance. A soaking wet sweater is more hindrance than help and our author is drenched.

Tired, wet and wondering how she will escape this time, the author brings in Mr Bolton, the book whose cover is misjudged again. No fool he, Mr B's alternative plan both eases the protagonist's fears and allays her discomforts.
Amazing what a friendly voice and a flashlight can do for one's spirits.

With a cybernetic army at her command, our adventureress "tweets" her situation while the primary source of her R&R convenes with the Twitter Army to deliver her from the balcony yet again.

This feel-good story is not to be discounted as simply "cute" because the author conveys her senses of alarm and fear by tempering both with old-fashioned common-sense. No, never trust a stranger and yes, accept help are juxtaposed against the protagonist's plight. She must act, she must do something, but which thing is the right thing?

MaddieB's stories consistently raise those questions of life that we all must ask ourselves. The author's knack for economy of words is present and as delightful as always; it is a rare gift to paint a visual picture in under 2,000 words.

The author uses atmosphere to set both mood and tone. Characters are not limited in their depths, although they are few. Unknown characters also contribute as a sort of Greek chorus, sending warnings to primary characters and readers, alike. MaddieB's ability to tell a complete story without having been trained speaks volumes for her raw talent.

The conclusion is foregone. Our protagonist will be saved from a cold, wet night alone and the only question is 'how.' Intersecting the sources of her rescue, good old Mr Bolton, with the Twitter Legion's alerts to Dad is accomplished with subtle suggestions and twists.

It is the intersection of primary, secondary and tertiary rescuers, who sometimes alter their positions, that keeps this narrative from becoming predictable. In all, another very solid story from MaddieB's catalog.