Reviews for Silence
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
This is beautiful. I love the description and the images, especially of the smells and the way things feel. It was all very easy to picture. The basic idea isn't very original (boy sacrifices himself for his true love) but I think you pull it off nicely. I would've liked to see more development of whatever the magic system was and who they were actually running from, but I think it's pretty good as it is.

Nicely done,

-REB
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Great use of tension; you built it up really well. There were just a few little things I noticed that could be polished up - [We both knew it-I could] might read better with a full stop instead of a dash. [my hair, as if he could keep me there, and never let me go.] I would suggest getting rid of the commas there. ["Don't say that," He growled,] The 'he' should have a lower-case h. At one point, I notice you switched to third person; [screaming her name over and over.] Watch out for that, it can really draw someone out of the story. [I the hands that had restrained] Really small mistake but, again, it has the potential to draw someone out. [as if I was the ghost of Sophie.] Might flow just a bit better as (as if I were a ghost.) Other than that, it was good, and, again, I think you built up the tension and showed the emotions really well.
theDeadTree chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
That was beautiful, wonderfully written and perfectly encapsulates the sadness of the situation. Love it :D
PrincipalityJokes chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
As always, absolutely amazing, my friend. Beautiful job, you captured the emotion, the urgent tension, and the grief of the situation perfectly.