Reviews for The Proof That God is Dead
Laughing Llama chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
I strongly disagree with you. First of all, God was not created by man, but man was created by God. God did not kill people, that was the devil's doing. War, jealousy, and greed are all aspects of Satan. Yes, people died and were killed, but God was making a way for His holy people. The animals? It is a human charachteristic to fear, and because of the fear in the Israelites' hearts, they believed sacrificing animals to God would please him and in return not harm the people. And just because He made a way for them does not mean he doesn't care about the rest of us. When the Jewish faith were founded, it was God's intent to have it spread across the globe to all the "Gentiles". But the Jews hogged this faith selfishly and sometimes did not trust sent his Son Jesus to found the Christian faith, teach about His Word and truth, and right the path of the wrong. He died to atone all of humanity's sin, including those who weren't even born yet. It IS hard to believe that God exists, because we can't see or touch or hear Him. But He speaks to us through the Bible, which was written in the Holy Spirit to guide humans. We are God's sacred creation. Sorry, demonlordraiden, but your Fredriech Nietzsche was a foothold for the devil.
Frozen Apple chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I agree that "Life should be lived for the living and those to come", but why cannot we live for those who passed? Not everybody lived exactly for us, but we were given life and not just existence, but our culture.

I do not follow any religion, but I do believe in God. In my opinion, they are not entirely dead, it is the part we thought them to be, which did not come true.
Lorendiac chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Looking through your essay, I'm left with one nagging question: Where's the "proof" you mentioned in your title?

You elaborate on what Nietzche said, what he meant by it, why he said it, and so forth - and you offer some personal opinions on what an all-knowing being would do or refrain from doing - but I'm having serious trouble finding any "proof" of anything about God's vital status.

P.S. "Its" does not take an apostrophe when it is used as a possessive pronoun. You only need the apostrophe when "it's" is a contraction for the phrases "it is" or "it has."
JigglyJelloWithCoconut chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
The Proof That God is Alive: A man has hepititas. It could kill him. It probably will. He's prays to his God to heal him. When he goes back to the doctor, the illness is gone. He hadn't been treated by any doctor yet, but the hepititas has vanished. This is a true story about someone I know. Religion- the ability to believe in something that's so great it goes far beond human comprehention :)