Reviews for Mahousen Izumi
Rabukurafuto chapter 11 . 10/23/2013
A very good chapter to begin with. It had been so long since I last read anything, so this refreshes my memory considerably. A nice call-back to the prologue as well. Thank you very much for the refreshing course. Even so, perhaps I should reread the rest.

I noticed that there are no translations for Bullet Queen. Would you like that I make them for the story?
Miles Montgomery chapter 11 . 10/22/2013
Izumi seems to be adapting quite well. Cannot wait to see how badass she may end up becoming.
cmaej chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
It seems like something has awakened in Izumi. Nice flashback. Hitoro's training reminds me of Dragon Ball Z training where Gohan was constantly getting beaten up. Child abuse, for real!

The part where Izumi's talks about her ex-boyfriend to her daughter in front of her husband was very awkward.
cmaej chapter 2 . 10/22/2013
So far, I'm under the impression that Hitoro is living a double life. However, during his fight with Ushio, he seemed to be surprised by his strength. Did he learn a new skill?

I like how Hitoro's attack on the Ushio's friend was a blunder. He would have appeared to be the cliché self-righteous guy, although the good intention was there.
cmaej chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
You're pretty good with action scenes, Slayer. I like how its a diary except but feels like its in a third person. Not much more so say. I'll read more.
Miles Montgomery chapter 10 . 10/22/2013
Not a bad story arc. You could get a guy hooked.
Miles Montgomery chapter 9 . 10/22/2013
Akira...is a girl. That shocked the hell out of me too. Ooh, I almost feel sorry for Hiroto.
Miles Montgomery chapter 8 . 10/22/2013
Very informative chapter. So she can use all magic, huh? That should be interesting.
Miles Montgomery chapter 7 . 10/22/2013
She...killed...her mother...Wow.
Miles Montgomery chapter 6 . 10/21/2013
Nice. Mai is awesome. XD
Miles Montgomery chapter 5 . 10/21/2013
Ooh. I'm getting hooked. This story is good. Long...but good.
Miles Montgomery chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
This is really getting interesting. What is going on and what does it have to do with Izumi?

I've noticed a few spelling errors here and there.
Y. S. Wong chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
I find it interesting how often FPers sneak characters with European lineage in Japanese settings into their Manga Category stories. I can count Evelyn, Umawara, Tsukiko, and now Hiroto off the top of my head.

Akira's a trap.

Oh, you even have a character who speaks with kansai-ben... sort of. It's not exactly easy to replicate it in English. I've always found the dialect very charming though. Despite the fact that familiarizing myself with it too much will probably ruin all the little Japanese I've managed to teach myself.

Sounds like a Gossip Club to me.

Not excessive, but a noticeable amount of typos in this chapter, including some head-scratchers like the first word of a sentence not being capitalized, which ought to be readily detected in any decent word processor. Also some issues where I felt you sometimes relied a bit too much on adjectives to describe for you instead of shooting for more active descriptions. Well, considering this story's more than a year old and the original's almost three years old, I'll just chalk it up as less experienced writing, since I don't remember you really having any of these issues in BQ.
Y. S. Wong chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
Dat cover. Based upon the chest, a Kisho, I presume?

Very different feel from Bullet Queen. I think some (or maybe all) has to do with you writing from the perspective of Hitomi, who is a lot more of a girly girl than Violet ever could be. It actually kind of scares me how girly you sound here, Slayer.

Interesting format with a letter as a prologue, though. Don't think I've ever seen that before. I think the very Japanese anime setting is also throwing me for a loop especially when compared with the much grittier American setting in BQ. Not necessarily a bad thing. I should probably stop comparing the two though.
RTK chapter 3 . 9/12/2013
Interesting story so far, slice of life with a little magic theme!
So Izumi is having dreams where she's essentially seeing what her friend's actually doing.

Guessing by the summary I already knew she'll play a big role magically but I can't help but wonder how. And when/if she'll find out about magic. Interesting story.
147 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »