Reviews for i will not reinvent the piano
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I was drawn into this piece by the title, and enjoyed the surprising use of sound and pauses. The sound imagery in this poem is very strong, although I was sometimes confused how certain stanzas were relative to the piece as a whole - for example, the stanza that begins with "not enough / deliberate..." The way "not enough" is echoes at the end of this poem is very strong, but it was difficult for me to place how the speaker's looks were necessary to the meaning of the piece as a whole.

the last two lines of the piece were a very effective way to end it. their suddenness and honesty leave a haunting impression after the poem is over.
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Definitely digging the lack of capitalization and punctuation. So many poets aren't brave enough to try it out, and it usually has great pay-off. Like in this poem, I think the lack of proper grammar makes gives the piece a great informal tone.

I do think that this reads a little jerkily, which may or may not have been your intention. As a reader I was a little jolted out of the flow at times. No big deal—like I said, maybe it's what you were going for in the first place.

Great title, by the way.