Reviews for Butterflies
BuddingPoet chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
strike a match and burn the flames

i like that!
Craig Thorpe chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I love the structure as it helped it flow and the descriptions used were excellent. Great piece!
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Now that is superb! I love it and I think the image is so detailed that it gave me goosebumps. Loved it and I'll fave it right now!
DarkInkyDreamer chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
another beautiful poem, i especially love the first two lines utter genius xx
Eleantris chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Wow, I love this! It's written so beautifully, with such carefully chosen vocabulary, it's excellent! Amazing. :D

X :D
Non.graceful chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I was trying to figure out what the meaning behind the poem was but towards the end I figured it out :) It's about trying to find the pieces to fix a puzzle but not having the right ones... It's about everything failing right before your eyes.

Not a favourite, but towards the end it got really interesting !

Favourite part:

Break my bones

And steal my eyes,

Strike a match,

And burn the flames

There's nothing to see here now.
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
wonderful, simply wonderful. Different from your norm but still an amazing treat. I loved it.
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Hmmm... what to say? I like the imagery that comes with the first couple of lines - by the way I think it should be "now they're dead" rather than "now their dead" - you can really imagine the colour of all the butterflies. I also like the idea of striking a match to burn the flames - it's like you're trying to erase something twice, or you're trying to get back something you've erased by destroying what took it away in the first place, if that makes sense. The other thing I really, really like, is the bit about the bird... "The bird's eyes are glass as he stand an a museum tree. A feather drifts to the floor in a final attempt to fly"...

In one word: awesome :D
Eden Green chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Not bad at all. It's definitely different from your usual.