Reviews for Reboot
I read ur AN in chapter 14 . 6/17
Chapter 14, lol

I like your story.

I love how smooth it is to read this story and the plot
Guest chapter 24 . 4/26
Enjoyed it. Good stuff.
Flubglubblubadub chapter 24 . 4/18
This is such a good and interesting story
I beleive it needs more love
I would 100% click the favorite button if I had an account
Un.hippocampe chapter 17 . 11/16/2014
Hmm... I enjoy your story and the way it shows the Sixties, but Steven might have too much influence; even if the ideas he brings are better choices, I doubt people would allow themselves to be convinced as easily by a child. Suggestions: make a few of his ideas be rejected? buildup his credibility a little more?
Un.hippocampe chapter 24 . 11/16/2014
Tiresome writing, as I just spent half a night reading your story! I had much fun reading it. Going back to younger years is a well-worn trope, but I like your use of it. What made it very interesting for me was that it shows a context that I did not knew well but wanted to know : the Sixties with the rise of Japan, electronics, etc. You made it much more interesting than either an essay on the subject or a young-again story.

Of course, it’s not perfect. Maybe it’s overly technical. This does bring the impression of a very bright whiz kid, but maybe it’s an overexposure. A little less would be better to my taste.

Nevertheless, thank you! I look forward reading you again.
antiisocial chapter 24 . 10/21/2014
This is really well written, aside from the occasional typo. No biggy. With a little fleshing out and a little character redevelopment this could become an excellent start to an alternate history series. Ring of Fire anyone?. It looks like this was last updated about 2 years ago? I hope that's not right. Keep it coming man!
Lady Katreina chapter 23 . 6/9/2014
Two years ago I read Reboot and commented on chapter 24; going back to my comment I have nothing to add except that even two years later it is still exciting, enjoyable and believable.

Keep it up.
bullmoose chapter 14 . 3/10/2014
Sorry about not saying much g
Much too deep in your story.
But, you are right !
I should be thanking you.
Gasportjoe chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
Interesting... as I read this I had a sense of the writings of Robert A. Heinlein (in his Future History series of books), with a touch of Arthur C Clarke, and a smattering of the intellect of Isaac Asimov. I honestly have not done much serious Sci-Fi in many years, as I have not been able to find authors who write in the style I like. Just from a brief sampling of your work, I am feeling I want to pull an “all-nighter” to get to the end of all chapters to see all that happens and how it ends! I definitely will be reading more of your work and making time to do so!
Bikesoar chapter 14 . 7/24/2013
I've read this again good or better
toolman61 chapter 21 . 6/25/2013
Parts of this story get so technical it almost puts me asleep. Also to believe all this takes place on a military
base and the so called evil doers of our own government doesn't find out, please,lol. This kid would be snatched up so quick it would make your head spin. This was the height of the cold war for cripes sake, we had so many spies out there we where even spying on our selves. Other than that i'm really enjoying this story.
Lady Katreina chapter 24 . 5/25/2013
Takano-Isorokyu my best recommendation for you is to publish.
I don't know if you want to go that way but I just couldn't get away from this entirely intriguing story. Personally I would have paid quite a bit (in per word comparisons) to read something of this caliber and not ever would I be upset with my decision.
Your details are perfect; enough hard facts to ensure that we know that you know what you're talking about but not too many that several paragraphs later nothing has happened. Which brings me to my next point; the action is believable, at least to my (only literary sci-fi) knowledge base about action (and after reading your bio I -know- you know what you're talking about). In this case action refers to both the fight and the way your characters interact- angry classmates from primary school to high school, realistic parent bemusement, and especially the difficulties of being an adult internally while in a child's body (which happens to be the "selling point" of your summary so it better've been good.)
Your use of expletives, and sometimes the smothering of them, is entirely useful for satisfying some sort of visceral need to yell at the stupid and side-step or destroy their machinations against the protagonist. However, you do not overuse them which would have been demeaning to your style (oddly enough: if one thinks of swearing like sailors as a requisite for staying in the armed forces...?) because it would have been distracting.
I love the Miles Vorkosigan reference (because my Economics professor recommended the Saga to me, haven't finished it yet but then again) one gets to know the Naismith's strength of personality so it was a perfect allusion because this situation is very similar. -as you are no doubt aware.

I haven't read any of your other stories; I found this one by searching the most-reviewed list of complete sci-fi here on Fictionpress and I am so thankful that this story is last-year current because too many good authors have abandoned the 'site.
If your quirky characterization and jack-of-all-trades, master-of-some style continues, Takano-Isorokyu, you will probably become one of my favorite sci-fi authors.

Randall chapter 14 . 5/11/2013
Very interesting read, keep it up
SKeene1956 chapter 14 . 2/26/2013
Good Read and flows really well. Love the plot premise as well as the character development.
Ed chapter 14 . 2/19/2013
Just finished the chapter and saw your remarks about comments on it. I have to admit that its interesting reading that keeps you on edge to what will come next chapter. Keep up the good work
69 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »