Reviews for Reboot
bullmoose chapter 14 . 3/10
Sorry about not saying much g
Much too deep in your story.
But, you are right !
I should be thanking you.
Gasportjoe chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
Interesting... as I read this I had a sense of the writings of Robert A. Heinlein (in his Future History series of books), with a touch of Arthur C Clarke, and a smattering of the intellect of Isaac Asimov. I honestly have not done much serious Sci-Fi in many years, as I have not been able to find authors who write in the style I like. Just from a brief sampling of your work, I am feeling I want to pull an “all-nighter” to get to the end of all chapters to see all that happens and how it ends! I definitely will be reading more of your work and making time to do so!
Bikesoar chapter 14 . 7/24/2013
I've read this again good or better
David
toolman61 chapter 21 . 6/25/2013
Parts of this story get so technical it almost puts me asleep. Also to believe all this takes place on a military
base and the so called evil doers of our own government doesn't find out, please,lol. This kid would be snatched up so quick it would make your head spin. This was the height of the cold war for cripes sake, we had so many spies out there we where even spying on our selves. Other than that i'm really enjoying this story.
Lady Katreina chapter 24 . 5/25/2013
Takano-Isorokyu my best recommendation for you is to publish.
I don't know if you want to go that way but I just couldn't get away from this entirely intriguing story. Personally I would have paid quite a bit (in per word comparisons) to read something of this caliber and not ever would I be upset with my decision.
Your details are perfect; enough hard facts to ensure that we know that you know what you're talking about but not too many that several paragraphs later nothing has happened. Which brings me to my next point; the action is believable, at least to my (only literary sci-fi) knowledge base about action (and after reading your bio I -know- you know what you're talking about). In this case action refers to both the fight and the way your characters interact- angry classmates from primary school to high school, realistic parent bemusement, and especially the difficulties of being an adult internally while in a child's body (which happens to be the "selling point" of your summary so it better've been good.)
Your use of expletives, and sometimes the smothering of them, is entirely useful for satisfying some sort of visceral need to yell at the stupid and side-step or destroy their machinations against the protagonist. However, you do not overuse them which would have been demeaning to your style (oddly enough: if one thinks of swearing like sailors as a requisite for staying in the armed forces...?) because it would have been distracting.
I love the Miles Vorkosigan reference (because my Economics professor recommended the Saga to me, haven't finished it yet but then again) one gets to know the Naismith's strength of personality so it was a perfect allusion because this situation is very similar. -as you are no doubt aware.

I haven't read any of your other stories; I found this one by searching the most-reviewed list of complete sci-fi here on Fictionpress and I am so thankful that this story is last-year current because too many good authors have abandoned the 'site.
If your quirky characterization and jack-of-all-trades, master-of-some style continues, Takano-Isorokyu, you will probably become one of my favorite sci-fi authors.

From this story I have to say: DON'T STOP AUGMENTING MY BANDWIDTH WITH AWESOMENESS!
Randall chapter 14 . 5/11/2013
Very interesting read, keep it up
SKeene1956 chapter 14 . 2/26/2013
Good Read and flows really well. Love the plot premise as well as the character development.
Ed chapter 14 . 2/19/2013
Just finished the chapter and saw your remarks about comments on it. I have to admit that its interesting reading that keeps you on edge to what will come next chapter. Keep up the good work
eyepaint chapter 14 . 12/26/2012
I will say that I do love this type story and would only have one negative comment, nah make that two.

One, I have a really hard time believing that anybody would take a 7year old in anyway seriously but you are telling a fine story so I will suspend disbelief.

Two what are all the /-\\\ thingys?

By the way even if the story wasn't good it beats the hell out of our gray Seattle day.
Boots chapter 21 . 12/9/2012
Ok, realised the one I was reading wasn't the first book, went back. It's very good, reminds me of Ringo's The Last Centurion for tone and perspective. I think this needs polish, but is the kind of thing that could be published someday- in which case, totally ordering a copy.

Ah, and left a review here bse I notice the repeated question answer thing with Maslow...learned that in my JROTC class, actually. :) Just thought I'd mention you shouldn't repeat it that second time, it's long enough to be noticeable.
Guest chapter 20 . 11/19/2012
I Like it. keep up the good work
iboardnut chapter 14 . 11/19/2012
It is keeping me reading, and highly entertained. I like it...thanks!
Nonsequiteur chapter 24 . 10/2/2012
I enjoyed the story, it just got to be a little too unbelievable after awhile.
D. B. von Ting chapter 24 . 9/25/2012
Well done. Well set up for subsequent stories.
D. B. von Ting chapter 14 . 9/25/2012
Looking at your request at the end of this chapter, I am enjoying the stoery so far. It is a tiny bit different than most stories of this genre, and significantly better.
62 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »