Reviews for Reboot
Lady Katreina chapter 24 . 5/25/2013
Takano-Isorokyu my best recommendation for you is to publish.
I don't know if you want to go that way but I just couldn't get away from this entirely intriguing story. Personally I would have paid quite a bit (in per word comparisons) to read something of this caliber and not ever would I be upset with my decision.
Your details are perfect; enough hard facts to ensure that we know that you know what you're talking about but not too many that several paragraphs later nothing has happened. Which brings me to my next point; the action is believable, at least to my (only literary sci-fi) knowledge base about action (and after reading your bio I -know- you know what you're talking about). In this case action refers to both the fight and the way your characters interact- angry classmates from primary school to high school, realistic parent bemusement, and especially the difficulties of being an adult internally while in a child's body (which happens to be the "selling point" of your summary so it better've been good.)
Your use of expletives, and sometimes the smothering of them, is entirely useful for satisfying some sort of visceral need to yell at the stupid and side-step or destroy their machinations against the protagonist. However, you do not overuse them which would have been demeaning to your style (oddly enough: if one thinks of swearing like sailors as a requisite for staying in the armed forces...?) because it would have been distracting.
I love the Miles Vorkosigan reference (because my Economics professor recommended the Saga to me, haven't finished it yet but then again) one gets to know the Naismith's strength of personality so it was a perfect allusion because this situation is very similar. -as you are no doubt aware.

I haven't read any of your other stories; I found this one by searching the most-reviewed list of complete sci-fi here on Fictionpress and I am so thankful that this story is last-year current because too many good authors have abandoned the 'site.
If your quirky characterization and jack-of-all-trades, master-of-some style continues, Takano-Isorokyu, you will probably become one of my favorite sci-fi authors.

Randall chapter 14 . 5/11/2013
Very interesting read, keep it up
SKeene1956 chapter 14 . 2/26/2013
Good Read and flows really well. Love the plot premise as well as the character development.
Ed chapter 14 . 2/19/2013
Just finished the chapter and saw your remarks about comments on it. I have to admit that its interesting reading that keeps you on edge to what will come next chapter. Keep up the good work
eyepaint chapter 14 . 12/26/2012
I will say that I do love this type story and would only have one negative comment, nah make that two.

One, I have a really hard time believing that anybody would take a 7year old in anyway seriously but you are telling a fine story so I will suspend disbelief.

Two what are all the /-\\\ thingys?

By the way even if the story wasn't good it beats the hell out of our gray Seattle day.
Boots chapter 21 . 12/9/2012
Ok, realised the one I was reading wasn't the first book, went back. It's very good, reminds me of Ringo's The Last Centurion for tone and perspective. I think this needs polish, but is the kind of thing that could be published someday- in which case, totally ordering a copy.

Ah, and left a review here bse I notice the repeated question answer thing with Maslow...learned that in my JROTC class, actually. :) Just thought I'd mention you shouldn't repeat it that second time, it's long enough to be noticeable.
Guest chapter 20 . 11/19/2012
I Like it. keep up the good work
iboardnut chapter 14 . 11/19/2012
It is keeping me reading, and highly entertained. I like it...thanks!
Nonsequiteur chapter 24 . 10/2/2012
I enjoyed the story, it just got to be a little too unbelievable after awhile.
D. B. von Ting chapter 24 . 9/25/2012
Well done. Well set up for subsequent stories.
D. B. von Ting chapter 14 . 9/25/2012
Looking at your request at the end of this chapter, I am enjoying the stoery so far. It is a tiny bit different than most stories of this genre, and significantly better.
Ty chapter 24 . 9/22/2012
Hello, well I finally finnished it's been a good read, personal could not understand why he ends up telling everyone ut it's your story. I expected hm to se his iPad more but was happy he only used it marginally abou the only part that did not really fit with the idea of the story, also his battles should have been longer more drawne out like CIA at the end, that would have taken week or months to find him think it wold have helped with he drama and character development but with all that... Its a good read and thanks

Ty (tyTyrone not thank you lol)
Guest chapter 14 . 9/10/2012
Great job ,keep it going and thank you
Phillip H chapter 14 . 9/3/2012
Started reading your story today. Just finished C14. A great read.
Loren Petty chapter 24 . 8/26/2012
A real page turner. That's probably why you're not getting many comments. Who wants to stop and type? I would say this is a very clever way to do historical fiction, although I must admit that a five foot tall six or seven year old seems like a tremendous stretch. It's an enjoyable read, and I think it has great potential.
73 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »