Reviews for Religion
Do-You-Really-Love-Me chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This is amazing. I have the same views as yourself. Thank you for this. I never quite knew how to get them out.
Aristaeus chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Hey, I really enjoyed reading this, and I must say that anyone who read the summary who is a Christian, and expected something else, was probably, most certainly surprised.

I currently attend an Assemblies of God church in my town, and they've put me on a 'Youth Leader' roster recently, though I didn't consent with this, mind you.

But I was never raised as a Christian. I was raised as an Athiest and was told by my parents that my religious choices were strictly mine only, and I was to influence no one in the family if I chose to be anything but Athiest.

So my best friend took me to a Christian Youth Group one night, at the most awkward of times, during sex ed. I kind of worried about going back later, as I found it boring, a bit crude and felt awkward when they expected me to give my life to God that night, and I refused to. I went back later, and they dwelled me in faith and read me stories from the bible, and a lot of it made sense to me, while other chapters didn't seem realistic at all. I find it hard to focus on being a Christian, even though I need to be to fill the role of a 'Youth Leader' and often sway from the religion with curses, sinning and overall lack of prayer.

I loved your opinion of the religion, and I wish I had as much faith as your mother! And I know it's a daily struggle to think, "Which is right? What's more logical? Will I go to heaven or hell? Is this even real?" And I've had it drilled into me by pastors to keep faith, but in today's society, it's so hard to keep faith strong and alive when so many people let us down, despite what the bible says, and promises.

Thank-you for sharing this. It somewhat made me feel as though I'm not alone in my constant spiritual battle between Athiesm and Christianity. (:
Lady Helvetica chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Sorry my kindle loaded the long comment twice wasnt meant to be spam or shoving it in ur face.

Love ya, LH
Lady Helvetica 2 lazy 2 log in chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Eve was made from Adam's side, not bottom or top, to symbolize equality. They also had more than one child ony two had a story that was worth mentioning.

The boat was giant and God blessed the animals for Noah.

Giliath was not a ligit giant just a REALLY BIG bloke.

I have read a passage in the Job chapter of the Bible that said something along the lines of that there were big lizards, spears bounced off their scales and smoke came form their nostrils as they left a wake behind them as they swam. SPEARS. humans. there were dinosaurs with humans. also new research shows that maybe all dinos were vegetarians.

As for Satan, the Bibically correct Christian feels pity for him, not hate. As God does. And may I point to an Albus Dumbledore qoute as we are both Potterheads?

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love." Ecellent example of God's teachings.

Satan is without love. Therefore, we are to pity Satan.

and God doesnt tell, he shows. He may not answer in the way you expect.

Logic has nothing to do with miracles, hence the name miracle. Anything happens with God. GOD CAN DO ANYTHING HE IS NOT A HUMAN LIKE YOU OR I. THATS THE POINT HES A (THE) GOD.

I hope all of these do not come off as excuses for they are reasons and whether you choose to recognize that or not is your choice.

I will pray for you, sister. i think ur a girl...

I cry when I hear of athiests because I think of all the joy I get from my relationship with God and I have a wonderful Heaven to look forward to at the end of all things.

Also, we dont do things out of fear. We were taught to "Love thy neighbor as thy brother." I have so much empathy for others, I sometimes cry myself to sleep out of pity. Saddness for others makes me feel dead inside.

I have an athiest friend and when I see him, I feel not anger but crippling saddness. How I would love to spend an eternity in Heaven with him :'( Alas, this may not come to be.

I pray for you my friend. I respect your decision but I hope that you come to fully enjoy the love of God as I have someday.

God turned me around after a failed suicide attempt. I love Him with all my heart.
Lady Helvetica 2 lazy 2 log in chapter 1 . 2/28/2012

The boat was giant and God blessed the animals for Noah.

Giliath was not a ligit giant just a REALLY BIG bloke.

Satan is without love. Therefore, we are to pity Satan.

and God doesnt tell, he shows. He may not answer in the way you expect.

I will pray for you, sister. i think ur a girl...

steph135 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
hey, it never says in the bible to hate satan, it dosent even say God hates satan. he just dosent like what satan trys to do, which is driving people away from God. also it never says in the bible that adam and eve ONLY had 2 kids, they just have a story about only two of their kids. theres so much more, but i dont have enogh room to explain it all, but one more thing. if God didnt make us how do you think we got here? i mean even darwin ( guy who made up evolution) said that it was, like a one in a trillion chance that people turned out the way we are. i mean, like everything about peoples functions and the human mind is so complex, how can it all be a accident? btw im 13 years old and im not trying to preach at ya, just stating the facts