Reviews for Stranger
Remi chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Definitely real! And I do hope that they will meet again and start a relationship
Linq chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Wow, this actually triggered some sort of strange emotion, when I was reading this. I feel funny o.o but I suspected right from the begining that this was from his imagination because he's a poor, lonely boy :(
BandNerd98 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
That is a lovely ending hehe it was mysterious and still yet idk enticing (lol I am horrible at describing stuff) and like ear candy or eye lolz idk i'm so not getting anywhere...lol you are an AWESOME writer and I loved your story :D
Zakiyya chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
awwwwwwwwwwww
Skyless11 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Hahahaha :)) so. This is your third work that I read. and each time I get different feelings! This time I had fun. Seriously, I had fun. I was actually smiling on the verge of laughing all the time (it's late so i can't do it). Not that it was funny or anything. I just had fun. It wasn't something deep, but nor shallow. It was full of meaning and yet so superficial. hmmm "A Midsummer Night's Dream". Could be real, it could be a dream, wishful thinking or a dream came true. I'd really like to take it for granted, but this " 'd like" just proves how much disbelief I have. So much complexity in rather simplicity. Hahahaha :)) I just realized why I'm having fun - because I'm thinking. And I can't stop it.
On a more serious note: I love the silence theme. it fits perfectly. Actually I believe this is what made the story have this double edged perspective. Also the "we parted ways yet again". While normally I'd be disappointed I just can't but marvel how you turned concepts 180 around.
"We finished the book and the ending upset me. It was the kind of ending that you wish didn't happen, the kind that made you want to throw the book. The characters hadn't ended up together. They'd ended up lonely. Like me."
I agree. It's perfectly normal. We want the characters we are MADE to root for by the authors to end up together. And they they don't. It's retarded!
and yet
"So he nodded and I nodded and we parted ways yet again."
This seems perfectly normal. Nothing wrong with it. Actually, it's the perfect way to end. I wanted them together, YOU showed me how well they fit together, making me want this, yet you shoved it in my face at the end that they don't end up together. And I don't get mad. It's perfectly normal. How on earth did you do this?
And this is how I'll conclude: "you're amazing!" *this is the nth time I told you this this evening, so I'll stop here*
Witch19 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I loved it so much :) well done.
Just a Toaster chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I like this story alot. It has a strange and mysterious feeling in it. At first I wasnt very happy with the ending. It was like the book that they were both reading, the two main characters didn't end up together. But after reading it and thinking it over I realized that they did end up together emotionally because theyll never forget each other and the night they spent together.

Also I like how you make their relationship something more of heart and actions than words. At the end when he said saying anything seemed wrong I agree with him. Silence is louder than words to express yourself and their connection seems so natural and deep that words wouldn't be enough. Love your stories, you're an amazing writer
Kaidyen Nemerah chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Read this a bit ago, forgot to come back after letting it dwell in my thoughts for a while. I must say, this piece fantastically haunting in a unreal but emotionally tangible waye

It comes back to my mind gently, urging me to think of it fondly. It makes me smile, even though I would say it's almost too much of a sad ending. Sad is good though because had anything more occured, I may have felt it too over the top. I like this story's tone, and since it's a short it has a different feel than your other pieces.

I hate one shots, but this has found it's own corner in the back of my thoughts. Nicely done. Would love to see more of its kind from you, and of course still enjoying Unexpected and eager for Mental, but a patient sort of eager.

-Kaidyen
allancaldera chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Oh my gosh that was beautiful and sad.
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
This is pretty good. There's a sort of bewitched air about it, a sense of strangeness. Not a lot of your stories turn on the mood and atmosphere, so it points to interesting directions in your work.

It really seems like a rough draft right now, though. You do a lot of 'telling' instead of 'showing', especially right at the beginning. You have him tell us all about himself, when you could cut straight to the imagery and sense details and work in those other things in implications.

The whole 'you can decide whether or not it was real' thing at the end really surprised me. It hadn't crossed my mind at all that that could be what happened. And I can't help but ask: does it make a difference? The way you've set things up, the only thing that would hinge on that difference is our perception of the speaker, going from 'lonely guy with issues who has random sexual encounter that is strangely fulfilling and yet not so much that he would start a real relationship' to 'lonely guy with issues who invents random sexual encounter to deal with issues'.
Emoboylover83 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I loved it! I think its real...maybe its not. Loved it!
DawnSister chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
You're right it is strange, but good at the same time. I think I would have wanted a slightly different ending though, for a short story. They found each other but they didn't and it didn't satisfy my ending gene. Is it a happy ending or isn't it? I can't decide.

This could turn into a story with the mysterious stranger and the narrator trying to find out who he is, if he even exists.

Intriguing story that makes me think.

Thanks for sharing,

DS
foreveran chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
wow this story is really good, very intriguing. It's sorta sad that they meet again but he doesn't go up to him yet I totally feel why he didn't but to me it was a sad heartfelt moment. Throughout the story I kept going back and forth on whether he was real or not but I still dont know :/ Anyways it was a amazing thanks for story before i go to bed :)