Reviews for Hospital Holiday
Dyann Burian chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
You wrote the Hospital stay up really well. However I gotta tell you MY one stay at the hospital was not so nice and I couldn't wait to go home! But I was an adult, so maybe kids get treated better! Or it was just a better hospital! LOL. The ONE thing you expressed so very well was the love between you and your Dadit's soooo sweet! It warms my heart!
Nathalie chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
I think your stories are brilliant and I enjoy them!
Kelly M chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Maddie,

Your story is really lovely. It is imaginative, very well written, and I really enjoyed reading it. The narrative of your story was so well constructed, that I had a hard time figuring out whether this is a complete work of fiction, or if it was based upon a real life event. Either way, it was very fun. I hope you continue to express your endless creativity through your stories, because you are good at it.
Caitlin chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
awww this story is so sweet with the way you talk about your dad! you're a really good writer and i cant wait to read your other stories!
Jennifer Farr chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
I really enjoyed your story Maddie! You had me laughing one minute, crying the next, and then laughing again. You have a gift for not just storytelling but also comedy. You paint beautiful pictures with your words; I could see everything in my mind just as you described it. I look forward to reading your other stories, and I hope that you continue on this marvelous journey. And I would LOVE to sign your cast! ;)
XhitherXnXthitherX chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Your stories are fun to read! I like the way that you describe things with interesting adjectives. It makes me feel like I can see exactly what you're talking about!
redskyie chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I thought this story was really very well-written. The pacing is well done. "Better than cool" is a neat phrase.
It might also help kids who have to go to hospital and are scared; reading it might show them hospitals don't have to be scary places.
P.S. I totally want one of those tray table thingies for my bed too! :)
GabrielaJ chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I love the detail in this story. You have a great mind for recalling events along with their minute details which helps so much in getting the "whole picture".

I also have enjoyed staying in hospitals before and you're right it *is* like a mini-holiday, especially when you're grown up and you don't have to clean house, take care of kids, etc. Everyone seems to want to take care of you, which I think is awesome! I must tell you though... on occasion I've had a mean nurse and they're no fun. Fortunately, they work in shifts so eventually they have to go... :-)

Ok, gotta go read some more.
Lorie chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Very nice but sad story, glad your ok, I had the same thing happen to me but I wasn't on my bike, I was just taking a walk when the really big dog jumped on me and knocked me down. Keep up the good work... Happy wrighting...
spndean chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
i like this 1 it's longer really got into ready it i liked cos it was longer.
SPN Jenny chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
This is a very nice story. Well written and sweet. Obviously a story, but not so fanciful that we couldn't follow you and enjoy your adventure.
On a side note.. I am not middle aged. I review because you ASKED me too! I have a right to my opinion and I still think the same about your sad delusions of having a baby at eight. I still think ucat42 cares the most about you. She seems to be the only one who follows you coz she likes YOU, not like the others who care about your dad and secretly dream of marrying him. Shame he can't find a nice lady like her to be your real female role model.
Now, write more stories like this, not that baby BS.
CatSchneider chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Very good writing, but I really hate hospitals.
Patricia Davis chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
This is not a cautionary tale. There is no moral to this story. MaddieB presents us with a "day in the life" narrative that elicits emotions. From eager to wistful, the author covers the gamut of human reaction in a story spanning three days.

I cannot fault the author's lack of a traditional triangle of fiction. Her protagonist tells the story with a concussed vision and it must be read as such. In the hands of a lesser storyteller, this model would dully meander. In MaddieB's vision, it reads true.

Again, I am impressed with how much story readers receive in so few words. Imagery is presented in such a way that the reader both sees (garden) and smells (mucky water) it. As readers, our thirsts are quenched and our feet feel the cold hospital floor.

MaddieB's protagonist tells of objects, but each object is symbolic of the person behind it. This is a literary twist, done many times by many authors to much lesser effect. The only person who does not bear an object is the protagonist's father, whose presence overlays, not overbears, the narrative.

All's well that ends well.
Pookster chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
That was beautifully written! I felt like I was seeing through your eyes, sharing the same thoughts..
It made me tear up 3
KarynStruble chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
So is this one more truth than fiction? Sounds like your talking about something that really happened to you. I've never had a stay at hospital, but I'm sure that's exactly how it would be.