Reviews for Perfection
SnowFaith chapter 6 . 3/29/2014
I know this is a really bad way to start a review, but let me just say that the strawberry scene at the beginning made me grin a bit because it reminds me of myself when I see a delicious cake topped/stuffed with the delicious fruit. Gosh, I'm such a fangirl... cx

When Myrtle was introduced, I kinda became unhappy 'cause I assumed at first that she was gonna be a rival, and, as much as I love love triangles, I didn't really want for that to happen here... It's only an assumption, though, but I kinda liked it since Nathaniel appeared a bit jealous, did he not? x3 Ah, I love the couple so much already!

At the library... The scene beforehand and then the whole book thing... I kind of saw it coming, honestly, but at the same time, I was a bit shocked. Poor Evelyn... I get where he's coming from, and... Now I feel a bit upset. :c Things are gonna be pretty awkward during dinner, huh? I wonder how Nathaniel will try to get himself together... Oh, now I can't wait for the next chappie! Update when you can! This story is really good...
Skyless11 chapter 6 . 1/3/2014
yaaaaaaaaay update :D Makes me very happy :D I really loved chapter 5, very cute and fluffy, funny even. That soft-hearted teasing atmosphere is fairly soothing and enjoyable, I was smiling the whole time (the subject itself simply makes the whole deal a lot better xD). Chapter 6 was also nice, despite the story itself, I liked it a lot :D Evelyn was kind of bold doing that... I like how you incorporated real historical details - the fact that homosexuality was illegal in Victorian England - and that the characters (well, at least Nathaniel) act according to it. It makes the story feel genuine.
Also, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned, in all these stories I've read of yours, so I'm going to say it now/again: I really love the way you write. And by that I mean the vocabulary. It's very pretty, polished, a bit pompous at times, but hey, it just resonates better with the feeling of your stories anyway, so at all times it is perfect! I really love it, and you're pretty much the only writer around with such a "refined" lexicon. I really appreciate it! I'm not sure whether English is your first language (or what kind of English xD), but I've read a lot of native speakers of English on fictionpress, and even amongst those who study English or other languages or Creative Writing I have yet to find someone with such a poetic kind of phrasing and choice of words :D

Well... Happy New Year and Here's to many more chapters (of this story and the others xD)!
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 6 . 1/3/2014
You really built up the tension there:) It's refreshing to see how open and honest Evelyn is, and how unafraid of asking what he wants. I remember that when I started reading this story, I expected Evelyn to have become an angry, vengeful young man with lots of secrets. Quite the opposite is true, but I'm not opposed to that. I'm really happy this is being updated, good job.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 5 . 1/3/2014
This is a WONDERFUL chapter. Their conversation flows so naturally, and though it could've led to a tasteless joke or something else embarrassing, it didn't, it was just real. A pleasure to read, thank you very much.
enbuscadenuncajamas chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
Though a tad horrific at the beginning, Evelyn's grown on me as has Nathaniel... I'd love to see a continuation of this!
Meralicious chapter 4 . 3/20/2013
Oh goodness, you are masterful in the art of heart-wrenching tension. I am bowing down to you for the complexity of their relationship, and how controlled and steady it's building. I would have just hurried it up to the good parts ;P But great call on this chapter: keeping it slow and heavy with subtle passion is addicting. Genius. But, please, update soon. :)
VictorianRomance chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
Please update soon. I love this story.
Sarah chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Ugh, my heart. Their relationship is/will be inherently immensely complex. Not only with Evelyn's disabilities but with the social stigma of both homosexuality and their class differences. Evelyn's curiosity is adorably heartbreaking. Please update soon. I love this, it's absolutely amazing.
K chapter 3 . 12/17/2012
I thought Evelyn had only lost one leg?
101Azey chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I really love this story, and your style of writing. You can make things that are dirty, like asking someone to undress for you, sound so innocent XD I can't wait for the next chapter! Keep it up!
Skyless11 chapter 4 . 10/3/2012
QQ why u stopped hereeee! it's getting so intenseee! Especially after last chapter's "Will u get undressed for me?" (that was incredibly hot... how do you do that? make it seem so innocent and hot at the same time?!), todays "I want to be a lover" was... how did u put it xD rapture? almost. My guess is the real rapture is coming next chapter so pleaaaaseee do post? 3 pretty pretty pleseee?

Love,
Sky
magdalena mariposa chapter 4 . 9/18/2012
Not boring! What do people want, instantaneous sex? No, no, no. Good literature is like yours, slow and enthreading and well-rooted, with plenty of background. You have an excellent gift for writing, it's truly beautiful. Don't let anyone discourage you. The art of sensuality and seduction is subtlety. This story is haunting, dark but absolutely stunning.
JHeartbreak chapter 4 . 9/17/2012
No, it was good. I said before that I thought this story would work better increment by increment, and I find that still true... athough it's strange to think how little has happened in one chapter.

It's good. Although I want to tell you that twice you said 'viscous' when you meant 'vicious'.
XxScriboLegoxX chapter 4 . 9/17/2012
I really like this story so far. The relationship is so interesting and I feel so bad for poor Evelyn.

I hope you update soon!
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 4 . 9/17/2012
It was perfectly cute, but way too short and I don't have the feelings anything's changed yet? Their relationship seems to be stagnating at the moment. But that's only normal since love isn't born in just a day. We see Nathaniƫl's gotten more affectionate though.
Brilliantly written yet again:)