Reviews for Anomaly War
Symbiote chapter 46 . 4/29
The more things change, the more they stay the same. That's the kind of feeling I got from reading this chapter. The use of pairs of characters looking back at the beginning is a nice device to remind us that these characters have been through a lot together. Interestingly enough, each pair seems to have some sort of romantic relationship with each other, or at the very least platonic. Does that mean Evvy is real? :O

It seems to me that the ones who've changed and matured the most are Leena and Sophie, who are also the only ones to be looking back at each other through fighting instead of conversing during downtime. Too busy beating each other up, I guess. Speaking of, some of the most brutal stuff to happen since a long while. Leena's gonna need to see an emergency for the umpteenth time.

Bring on the final volume!
Zeo chapter 46 . 4/29
This was a a thrilling conclusion to this volume. I can't wait for the next one . Leeds and Sophie's fight was epic I was shocked it ended so quickly but it makes sense given that they need to be transported soon . Great chapter .
ET chapter 45 . 4/22
This was a pretty solid chapter... because they're the only affinities left!

What I learned from reading this series is that having a love one will bite you in the ass real hard. It was inevitable that Sylvia was gonna give herself up. It works for the story and characters involved. The stakes seem to be only rising higher and higher, but how high can it go? As high as Colonia is floating above right now?

So I guess this means they don't really have to dimension hop since they're in the same plane of existence right now. It's only a matter of heights.

Nice balance of action, drama, and humor thrown in. There's still some rift in character relationships (but nothing on the level of love that would turn someone crazy-maybe Sophie). I can't imagine the end will resolve peacefully, but something bittersweet, for the most part.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Cy chapter 45 . 4/3
We're pretty much into the endgame now, aren't we. Do or do not, shit's going to go down either way. I'm expecting that between Leena and Sophie only one is going to be walking away at best. I'm really looking forward to this fight. It's likely going to be quite brutal because they were such close friends, which means it's a lot more personal than most of the fights in the series.
Apple Pie chapter 44 . 3/27
With great power, there must also come great responsibility. I hate to be in Gregory's shoes. When your own kids scorn you, that's when you've completely failed as a father. This is the Booker family curse. Seems the mother had it easy by comparison. But wait, is it possible she'd come back as a zombie, or is that too late? Same for little Christian.

On that note, it's interesting that everyone's out to stab each other, literally or figuratively (in the case of Ace, it's probably both), but I wonder if they realize that any further deaths would just lead to adding to the modified body count. Sure, Sophie seems to be the only one conscious of it (because she's Sophie). Heck, maybe her line about not wanting to kill Vy and Justine was alluding to this?

I'm looking forward to the inevitable. I think it'll be a big game changer and it'll turn this thing around for those who are supposedly beyond the point of return.
UltimateReviewer chapter 43 . 3/26
Man, that Eric guy is pretty amazing. Insane armor and strength (amplified more by the Magma Affinity). His reuniting with the Just-Girls sure bring back good memories. Oh, how pure and innocenet they were. Then Sophie shows up and swats him like a common housefly. The Magmas are really powerful, but Sophie's enhancements make her scary.

Hopefully Leena does everyone a solid (pun intended) and gets her butt back in motion.
Cy chapter 44 . 3/17
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!

This is definitely a good chapter for setting up the later ones. Lots of good background stuff going on. Some reconciliation between Leena and her father, Valor going off and being stupid as usual, Sophie sort of revealing a bit of what happened behind her curtain of insanity, a murderous goddess with a chip on her shoulder, and we got to see Quinton and Sarge again, plus Alex. I'm rather curious about what APS' ace in the hole is. At the very least I'm assuming it's not a tactical nuke.
Ray To the K chapter 44 . 3/9
oh snap man your writing is getting better and better xD
Valiant chapter 43 . 2/28
My life practically stopped the whole time i was waiting for this to update. I check the site every day to see if you've posted anything new, and i was starting to worry that the story i've been avidly following all these years might not get to be finished. Thank god you found the time to update.

Honestly, the way you've built the world of Anomaly is incredibly impressive, and i like the fact that you're not afraid to change things up, pull things out of left field and even kill certain characters (examples being Sophie's brother in the first story, and Gaff, one of my favorite characters, here in Anomaly War).

I'm excited for what's about to happen in the coming chapters, and i can't wait until this story comes to it's well-deserved conclusion.

Keep it up. You'll always have a fan in me.
Ynnej chapter 43 . 2/26
Ace and Sophie sure love to literally backstab their enemies.

I quite liked how Lee got some peace and clarify of what had happened before his life ended. And oh Ace, he's really in too deep in the hole of vengeance.

Love the scene and dialogue between Leena, Ash and Alexis. Thank goodness for the two to bring Leena back from thinking of joining the other side.

I am much amused on Vy's cynicalness.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Looks like Sophie is holding onto her word that she'll be bringing Valor to Sylvia...
Cy chapter 43 . 2/22
This is a pretty good chapter to get back into the thick of things after such a long break. It was pretty solid from the start to the finish.

The part where Ulric was beating Justine, Vy, Valor, and their Affinity Souls down like they were nothing was pretty intense. I'm guessing that he went down at the end more so because Sophie's unexpected attack snapped him out of his berserker state and caused him to finally feel the damage he's taken during the fight more so than just that one attack by itself. I was wondering how he was going to be stopped seeing as even the three Affinity Souls only barely seemed to slow him down.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Need an update chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
3 months and counting!...
Ynnej chapter 41 . 9/3/2014
I really liked how Evan and Roy stood up against Leena. And that Vy could see that ganging up against Valor without hearing his side of the story wouldn't be wise.

That chapter ending. Shit. Ace finally got what he wanted. And it's going to be even more terrifying after Lee and Amara are taken out.

Bring on the next chapter.
Nick Pits chapter 41 . 7/9/2014
Remember when Leena was popular in the polls? I wonder where her position would be now. It's kinda sad, and I feel bad about that, but she doesn't have a lot to work with here. Maybe I should blame the author for going this path. But to be fair, pretty much everyone is frustrated at the Booker family at this point. Leena's mother must be rolling in her grave. We can only depend on Mr. Levy and his rolling pin, unfortunately.

That being said, there was a lot of tension in Leena's confrontation. A scene this tense could be cut with a kunai. Good on the boys and Vy for sticking up for Valor. Honestly, things could've gotten uglier if it was one-sided though, so good on everyone for keeping the others in check. Another thing Valor could've brought up was that if he died, it would be bad news for Solid Anomalies, including Leena. I wonder how things will play from here.

The God battle seemed pretty hectic with dragons, an angel and an Asgardian. I don't think we've seen anything on that level before, or at least not in a long time. Wasn't expecting Matt to drop in to allow Ace to play his trump card (himself of Spades). His ass just had to show up to ruin a good time again, eh?
Cy chapter 41 . 7/7/2014
That was certainly a fight worth waiting for. I was expecting maybe one of the three gods to die there, but now it's looking like all three will be dead now barring some sort of intervention, but I don't think they stand a chance of getting out even if the entire loyalist side came in and tried to get Amara and Lee out of there right now. Who could have guessed that Ace would have been the victor in the end.

As for the earlier events with loyalists, Valor, Evan, and Roy gained some points in my books. Valor for how he handled the situation and Evan for backing up Valor and not letting Leena off like most of them were. I mean, it wasn't fully her fault but even still she's the direct cause even if it wasn't intentional.
198 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »