Reviews for Anomaly War
A devoted reader chapter 33 . 1/24
It pains me so much to see that the thing blinding people such as Matt and Seth are their intentions, which are actually quite noble under the surface. Matt simply wants to look out for his sister (albeit EXTREMELY excessively) and Seth wants to save the world (albeit in an EXTREMELY costly and inhumane manner). The true evil lies in the selfishness of other villains like Slade, who work and force others to suffer for their own ends. If only there was a way to reform the villains and let them figure out ways to achieve their noble goals without going through such cruel means.
Ynnej chapter 33 . 1/12
Oh no. Seth's Afffinity Soul entering the field...will we ever know its form?

Loved the Vy/Amelie/Tom vs Ulric fight. Tom got his moment! Poor guy for having to help Ulric take off his armour though. Haha

(Axel... ;_; Rest in peace, Axel.)
Cy chapter 33 . 1/9
How Intense. Leena appears to have started on her path towards a heroic BSOD, Valor is down for the count, and Hieshi showed up and took down Brick like he was an ant. I wonder how he would match up against his old friend, Lee. The fight between the girls (with cameo appearances by Zack and Tom) against Ulric was quite entertaining. It also solves my mental question of what would happen if xenotrium was used against a brain-washed target. I guess it's sort of like an anti-magic field in some ways.

Hopefully the next one will come out just as quickly. I'm looking forward to it.
Ray Kamiya chapter 32 . 1/1
HOLY SHIT!

this is getting really interesting _

MORE I SAY!
Ian chapter 32 . 1/1
Penguins, three-headed dogs, an bears... Oh my!

Looking up at the new year for the downward spiral that is the coming chapters. The characters were all well-written for the most part. Maybe it's just me, but I thought everyone's personalities were fleshed out nicely, like Kim's being irritable and Brick's Brickness (which felt more nonsensical than usual, if that were possible). Plenty of good scenes that always seem to end right when it's about to get good.

Clearly, the scenes with the Booker siblings and the Leena lovers were the strongest parts, integrating themselves into the final scene with quite a big shock factor. Quite brilliant that Valor's deafness is what prevents him from stopping at Leena's cry. A shame about Axel. I was kinda hoping the Mr. Hyde part of him would stay a little longer, but I think it's a good point of no return for Leena and Valor. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Matt predicted this outcome. It's just a bit too perfect of a situation to convince Leena further to be on his side. Hypertech Tower... the memorial site of Leena's loved ones... well, except for her very close one, that is... You know, the name "Valor" is quite significant, considering the outcome, isn't it?

Great work on the chapter!
Ynnej chapter 32 . 1/1
YES. AN UPDATE ON NEW YEAR'S DAY.

Oh, Kim. I hope you get to see your immaculate house in Australia one day.

BRICK'S AFFNITY SOUL IS A GIANT PENGUIN HAHAHA. It suits him quite well.

...And Axel dies at the same place Felicia dies, oh man, that tower is really gonna haunt Leena. :(

(Valor turns deaf huh...? I kind of want to see him and Yoshino fight together now.)
Cy chapter 32 . 12/31/2013
Well, that ending wasn't quite expected. I had hoped that Axel would at least survive long enough to attempt to redeem himself, but I guess you don't always get the chance to do so.

I'm sort of curious about how this will effect Leena and Valor's relationship. Leena wasn't exactly close to Axel after his rampage, but he isn't someone that she's known for a while. It will probably be pretty detrimental for the next while, though then again I expect that Leena will likely have a bit of a breakdown and probably side with her brother for now. After all, last she remembers she was going to attack the renegades and then she got nearly killed by Leah. Then she wakes up and finds out her best friend is dead, that she was the best friend Leah was avenging and that Leah had been tricked and possibly brain-washed, that the gods are fighting each other, and then the second thing she sees is one of her old allies die at the hands of her elemental god. She probably just wants to curl up into a ball and wait for this to all end, no matter who wins.
Cy chapter 31 . 12/20/2013
Nice chapter after a long wait. Things are still ramping up. Sarge may have survived, but Axel is going to be getting a lot of shit even if his primary personality regains control. The fight between DAxel and Valor was short but intense, which seems to fit. DAxel is much better at offense than defense and Valor is unlikely to want a fight to go on for a long time anyway. I want to see what happens next.

The last part of the story is pretty interesting. I'm very curious to see what's going to happen and why Seth wants Gaff to kill him. Good thing the next chapter seems to be so close.
Ynnej chapter 31 . 12/15/2013
Wait what? He's giving Seth a free shot? Or he's planning to be one of the first to be reborn in a stronger body? Or if he has some ability where he takes over someone who kills him? Release the next chapter!

Looking forward to seeing more of Yoshino's and Mia's fight, and how Yoshino can get around to having her mind read.
Amy-dono chapter 31 . 12/14/2013
Wow!

Oh yes! Some amazingly crazy fights going on here. Valor seems to be the one in the most critical condition. That does not sound very good.

Seems to be like Matt's extraordinary Flora powers is what made Leena wake. Probably completely healed now because of that. This will be a reunion to behold, for sure. Yoshino vs. Mia has potential to be great. Nothing crazy seemed to have happened yet, so I assume that's saved for next chapter.

Pretty astonishing cliffhanger. My only guess why Seth would say such a thing is because it's exactly what Slade's plan is, but Seth isn't a team player, so there's some ulterior motive behind it. It's not like he'll just let Gaff up and kill him or there would be no point to spring that trap. Interested in seeing what's next!
RayKamiya chapter 31 . 12/13/2013
Whoa man...

This is really starting to get very intense keep up the great work
Ynnej chapter 30 . 12/4/2013
Love the silent teamwork between Vy and Ash! Looking forward to seeing them team up with Oliver, Kim and Zack against the 3. Brainwashed Brick makes me sad :(

Damn, it looks like Alexis' worst fears are returning. Seth the bastard.

Gimme more chapters! Need more Tempest City Defense and Yoshino scenes to drown out the feels of Dark!Axel being dominant once again.
Cy chapter 30 . 10/11/2013
Very intense. Daxel killing their father, challenging Valor, lady Magma and her brainwashed adjutants fighting against the Tempest City Defense Force... Lots of crazy going on and I like it.

Plenty of great points too. I particularly liked Ash's responses in his fight, essentially going "I saved them but she's still down there... I'm still fairly boned, aren't... Holy ****, why is she right in front of me? Oh god, why?"

I look forward to the next chapter.
Stevia Gomez chapter 30 . 10/10/2013
That line alone just made Desiree x Quinton fanfic happen. Dark Axel's return is gonna make things interesting. Axel was all, "I don't believe it! I won't believe it! My father's dead!" Fighting in the hospital, perhaps? That can't be good. Well, we know what happened with Axel now, but not Sarge, which is even more worrying.

I like that the battles in this chapter took place in vicinities with a lot of people. That really raises the stakes, but it makes for a nice change in scenery since fights usually would just have the major and supporting characters around the area. Here, it's in the worst possible areas for a fight to break out, though Dark Axel will bring the fight outside. It was definitely cool to see that the crowds witnessed a fight and rooted for him; very superhero-like in that sense. That's the Tempest City Defense Force, for you. Speaking of, really excited to see Vy return and teaming up with Ash. I'm sure Vy's gonna wanna look for Evan, but Alexis apparently just got a call from "him." How coincidental that Evan and Vy have phone problems. I can foresee a conversation where they argue that the other person didn't text back. You know what I'm talking about here. But yeah, it feels like the characters are slowly coming back together. It was very nice to see the others from The Deep return as well.

Heisen-Slade just marked his territory, and wants Matt to say out of it. That rabid dog is probably gonna pick a fight with him or Seth soon. Curiously, he wants to see Leena too, so perhaps he'll somehow intervene in the scene with Dark Axel and Valor?

Good job on the chap, chap. Looking forward to the next one.
Cy chapter 29 . 9/21/2013
BURN TO CINDERS! CHAOTIC FLAME!

So more character deaths now. Can't say I wasn't expecting these ones though. APS certainly did well, taking on a an Elemental God and his adjutant and even coming out on top.

I'm pretty excited to see where this is going to be going from here on out. It's going to be a wild ride.
171 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »