Reviews for Anomaly War
Cy chapter 36 . 3/6/2014
The reign of Demonica has ended! Pretty intense fight. I like how Yoshino is really the jealous type. Lets her be a serious character while still giving some comic relief.

I have to admit Lee is one of my favourite characters. He's very much so a shounen protagonist. Brash, a likable jerk, but also thirsty for battle. His fight with Vy is really quite fun and even though it's just as vicious as the rest of them it does feel like a bit of a palate cleanser due to the witty banter. I'm looking forward to reading more of it.
Cy chapter 35 . 2/19/2014
Seth may be gone, but there are still tons of problems cropping up, aren't there. I'm not sure which I'm more eager to see; Mia vs Yoshino and Koji, Lee bullying the weak, or the double "L"s facing off on a death match using Final Destination, Fox only, no items, and one stock.

Lots of good stuff in this chap, like Yoshino the tsundere and Kim's reaction to Ulric's lack of a beard. Looking forward to the next chapter.
POLLOS chapter 35 . 2/10/2014
Whoa. Leena in pork pie hat mode is fierce. Too bad Leah didn't stay out of her territory. She should've tread lightly. Now she'll have to face the wrath of Heisen-Leena. If she's not holding back now, this is sure to be one hell of a fight. It's fitting that this chapter juxtaposes the Alpha Anomaly's brutal assault with the Omega's sooner-than-soon lethal fighting mode. Next chapter is sure gonna have a lot of battles, but this one is possibly the most anticipated one just because it's Leena... Leena on the warpath.

The six-way call reminded me of a certain YTP. Maybe it's just me? Still not quite sure how he did it or what limitations there were. Either he didn't know Leon and Keggy were there or they left with the Scofield sisters. Kind of odd Vy was still a little standoffish to Evan after what I assume was an off-screen explanation of what Evan did to save her. Or maybe she doesn't want Evan to know she knows. Who knows? (You do.)
colour me bad chapter 35 . 2/8/2014
Wow!
I so loved the 'OMG, roy and I are engaged' part
Ray chapter 35 . 2/6/2014
holy shit man, things are really coming to a head aren't they?

keep it up man
Auric Seven chapter 34 . 1/29/2014
You were serious on the lots and lots of death thing. Am getting chills wondering whose next, then Seths death was satisfying to an extent till that little dying message. You story is something I'd love to see in manga then animated.
Aigaron chapter 34 . 1/28/2014
This chapter sure stings... (kinda like Dark Emperor)

Anyway, it was quite an action-heavy chapter. One-on-one fights and explosions going around. Gaff once again shows just how ruthless he can be. In comparison to the previous gruesome deaths? Yeah, I think these are pretty graphic, though I think I don't feel as bad because they were villains. Nonetheless, I can imagine it'd make a lot of people shudder.

Gaff's final maneuver was very brilliant writing there. I thought it was crazy he was still alive, but what he really did was even more crazy. Protecting the ones you love at all cost without worrying about how you'll end up... that's devotion for ya, I guess. I can't really say things can simmer down just yet, especially not after Seth's dying message - something that not even Seth predicted and came out of nowhere. And now we play the waiting game on what this could be.
Cy chapter 34 . 1/26/2014
Brilliantly done, my good sir. The fight between Set hand Gaff was pleasantly brutal and with this the events surrounding Alexis starting in the first series have finally hit their conclusion. Odion was pretty awesome, though it didn't last very long.

I do hope that we see Leviathan again since it didn't really get any screen time. It pretty much appeared and then lost.

Seeing as you've never done a 5 chapter "book" before I'm curious about how you plan to finish things up in this one. Looking forward to reading it. Also, congrats on getting out the last few chapters so quickly without sacrificing any quality.
RayKamiya chapter 34 . 1/26/2014
oh wow, the final battle between Seth and Gaff was really epic, and Gaff's Final strategy to stop Kat was just brilliant.

The fights in this chapter were very fun to read, and quite easy to follow, as well as Seth's Affinity Soul being a truly terrifying and powerful monster to be reckoned with, and we finally get to see it in action as it's poison is one of the few things to bring down powerful Anomalies like Gaff and Jade.

The Drama and emotion to Gaff's death is handled very well as Alexis grieves for her lover, but manages to find some form of resolve when she figures out what he's done and how he did all he could to protect her even in death, even if it was for the final bit he could.

The gore and gruesome deaths were very spot on for a series of battles that were to go all out and show us just how destructive these fights can be on other people.

The emotion is real and you can really feel for Alexis who has lost the love of her life, but can also take comfort that Seth is also dead.

Great job man, you better keep this up or I'll come over there and break your knees.
A devoted reader chapter 33 . 1/24/2014
It pains me so much to see that the thing blinding people such as Matt and Seth are their intentions, which are actually quite noble under the surface. Matt simply wants to look out for his sister (albeit EXTREMELY excessively) and Seth wants to save the world (albeit in an EXTREMELY costly and inhumane manner). The true evil lies in the selfishness of other villains like Slade, who work and force others to suffer for their own ends. If only there was a way to reform the villains and let them figure out ways to achieve their noble goals without going through such cruel means.
Ynnej chapter 33 . 1/12/2014
Oh no. Seth's Afffinity Soul entering the field...will we ever know its form?

Loved the Vy/Amelie/Tom vs Ulric fight. Tom got his moment! Poor guy for having to help Ulric take off his armour though. Haha

(Axel... ;_; Rest in peace, Axel.)
Cy chapter 33 . 1/9/2014
How Intense. Leena appears to have started on her path towards a heroic BSOD, Valor is down for the count, and Hieshi showed up and took down Brick like he was an ant. I wonder how he would match up against his old friend, Lee. The fight between the girls (with cameo appearances by Zack and Tom) against Ulric was quite entertaining. It also solves my mental question of what would happen if xenotrium was used against a brain-washed target. I guess it's sort of like an anti-magic field in some ways.

Hopefully the next one will come out just as quickly. I'm looking forward to it.
Ray Kamiya chapter 32 . 1/1/2014
HOLY SHIT!

this is getting really interesting _

MORE I SAY!
Ian chapter 32 . 1/1/2014
Penguins, three-headed dogs, an bears... Oh my!

Looking up at the new year for the downward spiral that is the coming chapters. The characters were all well-written for the most part. Maybe it's just me, but I thought everyone's personalities were fleshed out nicely, like Kim's being irritable and Brick's Brickness (which felt more nonsensical than usual, if that were possible). Plenty of good scenes that always seem to end right when it's about to get good.

Clearly, the scenes with the Booker siblings and the Leena lovers were the strongest parts, integrating themselves into the final scene with quite a big shock factor. Quite brilliant that Valor's deafness is what prevents him from stopping at Leena's cry. A shame about Axel. I was kinda hoping the Mr. Hyde part of him would stay a little longer, but I think it's a good point of no return for Leena and Valor. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Matt predicted this outcome. It's just a bit too perfect of a situation to convince Leena further to be on his side. Hypertech Tower... the memorial site of Leena's loved ones... well, except for her very close one, that is... You know, the name "Valor" is quite significant, considering the outcome, isn't it?

Great work on the chapter!
Ynnej chapter 32 . 1/1/2014
YES. AN UPDATE ON NEW YEAR'S DAY.

Oh, Kim. I hope you get to see your immaculate house in Australia one day.

BRICK'S AFFNITY SOUL IS A GIANT PENGUIN HAHAHA. It suits him quite well.

...And Axel dies at the same place Felicia dies, oh man, that tower is really gonna haunt Leena. :(

(Valor turns deaf huh...? I kind of want to see him and Yoshino fight together now.)
195 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »