Reviews for Anomaly War
Ynnej chapter 45 . 6/10
Love how the new characters in an already diverse cast can still give input, such as Nadine spotting the overlooked game. And hahaha, loving the bond between Nadine and Sarge. They can ensure Quinton stays behaved.

Omg, Sophie's reappearance and her first line answers my question. Love Leena's attempt to break the ice after Valor leaves. And damn, that last line. Chilling.

Onward to the next chapter!
Ynnej chapter 44 . 6/9
Wow. The scene between Leena and Gregory. What intensity. The part where Gregory promises he will make amends to his mistakes, even if it costs his life and Leena disagrees. D'aaw, very Leena. Though I guess Sophie would have loved to make Gregory really pay if she heard his confession...

Aaaand another character gone mad from being neglected for too long. A lot of loose cannons now. Though it's nice to see another scene of Mia who isn't possessed no longer. A silver lining.

Onward to the next chapter!
tri.'s plot chapter 47 . 6/5
Oh man, the two Royal Knights are gonna team up and fight one of the Sovereigns. This is gonna be lishus. Fighting old friends... it's like a corrupted form of nostalgia.

Ugh, reading Sophie's final scene was a little unbearable. I didn't imagine Leena to go for it at that moment and so abruptly, even. And so, our first departure. I feel there could have been more before Sophie left, but in her state, I can see it had to be done with pretty briefly. She would have wanted it that way, too. At least she got one chapter in this final volume, but surely her sacrifice will be what empowers Leena for these final fights. Hang in there, Leena!

So is Adrianne responsible for the extinction of Dinosaur Affinity Souls?
Cy chapter 46 . 5/11
I liked that fight. It was brutal, as a fight between those two would be expected to be. I have to say I rather like how Leena left Sophie there restrained. Sophie can likely get out on her own eventually, but it will be a while before she recovers enough.

I wonder how Leena is going to deal with her destroyed shoulder. Onwards, to the final volume!
Symbiote chapter 46 . 4/29
The more things change, the more they stay the same. That's the kind of feeling I got from reading this chapter. The use of pairs of characters looking back at the beginning is a nice device to remind us that these characters have been through a lot together. Interestingly enough, each pair seems to have some sort of romantic relationship with each other, or at the very least platonic. Does that mean Evvy is real? :O

It seems to me that the ones who've changed and matured the most are Leena and Sophie, who are also the only ones to be looking back at each other through fighting instead of conversing during downtime. Too busy beating each other up, I guess. Speaking of, some of the most brutal stuff to happen since a long while. Leena's gonna need to see an emergency for the umpteenth time.

Bring on the final volume!
Zeo chapter 46 . 4/29
This was a a thrilling conclusion to this volume. I can't wait for the next one . Leeds and Sophie's fight was epic I was shocked it ended so quickly but it makes sense given that they need to be transported soon . Great chapter .
ET chapter 45 . 4/22
This was a pretty solid chapter... because they're the only affinities left!

What I learned from reading this series is that having a love one will bite you in the ass real hard. It was inevitable that Sylvia was gonna give herself up. It works for the story and characters involved. The stakes seem to be only rising higher and higher, but how high can it go? As high as Colonia is floating above right now?

So I guess this means they don't really have to dimension hop since they're in the same plane of existence right now. It's only a matter of heights.

Nice balance of action, drama, and humor thrown in. There's still some rift in character relationships (but nothing on the level of love that would turn someone crazy-maybe Sophie). I can't imagine the end will resolve peacefully, but something bittersweet, for the most part.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Cy chapter 45 . 4/3
We're pretty much into the endgame now, aren't we. Do or do not, shit's going to go down either way. I'm expecting that between Leena and Sophie only one is going to be walking away at best. I'm really looking forward to this fight. It's likely going to be quite brutal because they were such close friends, which means it's a lot more personal than most of the fights in the series.
Apple Pie chapter 44 . 3/27
With great power, there must also come great responsibility. I hate to be in Gregory's shoes. When your own kids scorn you, that's when you've completely failed as a father. This is the Booker family curse. Seems the mother had it easy by comparison. But wait, is it possible she'd come back as a zombie, or is that too late? Same for little Christian.

On that note, it's interesting that everyone's out to stab each other, literally or figuratively (in the case of Ace, it's probably both), but I wonder if they realize that any further deaths would just lead to adding to the modified body count. Sure, Sophie seems to be the only one conscious of it (because she's Sophie). Heck, maybe her line about not wanting to kill Vy and Justine was alluding to this?

I'm looking forward to the inevitable. I think it'll be a big game changer and it'll turn this thing around for those who are supposedly beyond the point of return.
UltimateReviewer chapter 43 . 3/26
Man, that Eric guy is pretty amazing. Insane armor and strength (amplified more by the Magma Affinity). His reuniting with the Just-Girls sure bring back good memories. Oh, how pure and innocenet they were. Then Sophie shows up and swats him like a common housefly. The Magmas are really powerful, but Sophie's enhancements make her scary.

Hopefully Leena does everyone a solid (pun intended) and gets her butt back in motion.
Cy chapter 44 . 3/17
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!

This is definitely a good chapter for setting up the later ones. Lots of good background stuff going on. Some reconciliation between Leena and her father, Valor going off and being stupid as usual, Sophie sort of revealing a bit of what happened behind her curtain of insanity, a murderous goddess with a chip on her shoulder, and we got to see Quinton and Sarge again, plus Alex. I'm rather curious about what APS' ace in the hole is. At the very least I'm assuming it's not a tactical nuke.
Ray To the K chapter 44 . 3/9
oh snap man your writing is getting better and better xD
Valiant chapter 43 . 2/28
My life practically stopped the whole time i was waiting for this to update. I check the site every day to see if you've posted anything new, and i was starting to worry that the story i've been avidly following all these years might not get to be finished. Thank god you found the time to update.

Honestly, the way you've built the world of Anomaly is incredibly impressive, and i like the fact that you're not afraid to change things up, pull things out of left field and even kill certain characters (examples being Sophie's brother in the first story, and Gaff, one of my favorite characters, here in Anomaly War).

I'm excited for what's about to happen in the coming chapters, and i can't wait until this story comes to it's well-deserved conclusion.

Keep it up. You'll always have a fan in me.
Ynnej chapter 43 . 2/26
Ace and Sophie sure love to literally backstab their enemies.

I quite liked how Lee got some peace and clarify of what had happened before his life ended. And oh Ace, he's really in too deep in the hole of vengeance.

Love the scene and dialogue between Leena, Ash and Alexis. Thank goodness for the two to bring Leena back from thinking of joining the other side.

I am much amused on Vy's cynicalness.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Looks like Sophie is holding onto her word that she'll be bringing Valor to Sylvia...
Cy chapter 43 . 2/22
This is a pretty good chapter to get back into the thick of things after such a long break. It was pretty solid from the start to the finish.

The part where Ulric was beating Justine, Vy, Valor, and their Affinity Souls down like they were nothing was pretty intense. I'm guessing that he went down at the end more so because Sophie's unexpected attack snapped him out of his berserker state and caused him to finally feel the damage he's taken during the fight more so than just that one attack by itself. I was wondering how he was going to be stopped seeing as even the three Affinity Souls only barely seemed to slow him down.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
247 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »