Reviews for Anomaly War
Ynnej chapter 21 . 4/30/2013
Whoa. More pieces are falling into place:
- Why Valor is favoured by Gregory and Domino
- How Matt survived and how not many people knew about it
- Serph's hatred towards Anomalies
- How Ace and Nathan got into Eclipse
- The drifting apart between Valor and Sylvia
- Austin's lack of importance (though, I guess you just found a good chance to poke fun at him for the last time and used it. Great move ;)
- And now we're back to the very beginning! I'm stoked-and then you give us a sharp reminder that...s-...Sophie's gone. :(
Smile Blooming chapter 21 . 4/26/2013
Lol, Austin joke. Of course... "She didn't need her telepathy to tell how surprised he was." Yes, she doesn't need her psychic abilities! Well, now that we've come full circle, a lot of things make sense, but of course there's still some lingering questions.

The last scene where Seth greets Ace and Nathan was kinda cool and twisted. That poor Ace. It's odd that he was given powers while he was hospitalized. Seems like there wasn't even a point to do that besides being "in the area." So even though Seth has a very different way of thinking, he gets to stay and make Anomalies of his own? I'm still not sure how that works. Natural selection isn't so natural, but I guess that's what the Observers are for. Interesting to see the way they choose their candidates.

Well, this volume had been quite anticipated, though I felt it fell by the wayside towards the end. Not to say there wasn't anything enjoyable, but I am read to see the story continue from where the volume before this left off. It's quite a nice transition, really. We end with Leena's and Sophie's rebirth and power to resume the story with, well... their peril. Can't wait to see the other characters again!
Cy chapter 21 . 4/25/2013
Wow. This is a fantastic chapter. Good job, Ritz. And now that the "prequel" is complete, it's time to get back to the present and see what's going on with them. It sounds like we're going to have some crazy things going on very soon.
Ray chapter 21 . 4/25/2013
Damn man this is really getting good
Dokidoki Delight chapter 20 . 4/19/2013
Gregory's not an Anomaly, right? So how is it that he's able to telepathically communicate with everyone? Does he have some cerebral device like Charles Xavier? Now I'm picturing Gregory in a levitating chair. Speaking of, his conversation with Matt was probably the only other brief mentioning of Mrs. Booker. So she had a gambling problem, eh. Did she fall prey to the casino? Or perhaps her gambling was a farce and she was really in the meth business. Oh man.

Feels like we're really getting this story arc concluded now with the present characters appearing in the story. I'm pretty much ready to get this thing moving again and the amount of exposition given.
Ynnej chapter 20 . 4/18/2013
The Valors sure are good at protecting Gregory. I quite like the scene where Eric/Ulric and Jade get their powers. Very badass despite it being short due to their transformation repercussions.

Ah, Domino's thoughts on future Ace. Haha...

Looking forward to seeing chapters 21!
Ray Kamiya chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
DAMN YOU AND YOUR CLIFFHANGERS

anywho this is getting really good

sorry I wont be commenting much work has gotten quite busy lately X_X
Cy chapter 20 . 4/8/2013
Both Valors certainly live up to their names. They're both pretty badass. On the other hand, since there are two Magma and two Solid anomalies now then aren't Valor and Sylvia technically not as important as they were before since there are technically replacements for them? After all, if Domino could become the master of Flora, then Eric could become the master of Magma.

It looks like we're closing in to the end of the flashback arc. I've enjoy the flashback quite a bit, but I'm looking forward to seeing the modern characters in action again.
Cy chapter 19 . 4/4/2013
Sorry for taking so long to read this. It was a good chapter. Domino coming in and Demonica with Excalibur, Hayley constantly having her life threatened, and Eclipse showing up for the first time to cause some havoc, not to mention some more throwbacks to some of your fanfics from the days of yore.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things will be going down in the next chapter and I'm really looking forward to finding out more about Carol and what's going on with her.
Dash Dynamic chapter 19 . 3/7/2013
Excalibur lives up to its name, but Gregory made such a dangerous weapon out of it, being able to use all eight Affinities and all. Seems like the only one who can even use it is anyone with a Flora Affinity. These people need to handle their projects well. It took out Mia effectively, but seemed to have taken quite a toll on Domino. I wonder if this meant it wouldn't have worked the second time Mia lost control.

Hayley and Ray's encounter with a third kind was an interesting spectacle. So they've seen an Anomaly this early one, and it was this guy. That's pretty nutty. I see this shaped their lives a bit in Anomaly's first part.

I figured this would be the point where Ace fully loses his trust with his friends, but now he knows the truth, this clearly isn't the time and place for that, so I'm guessing it's when his friends ditch him to go to the God Realm, and he has no note of this. Something like that. Then he joins Eclipse in hopes that he'll one day exact his revenge and stuff. But that doesn't explain why his powers were suppressed. I'll hypothesize this more once Ace becomes an Anomaly, though, which should be an interesting event.

So there's a woman even Seth fears, eh? Could it be his granny? Everyone fears their grandma.
Ynnej chapter 19 . 3/7/2013
Getting more heartbroken the closer Tammy and the others have to leave for the God's Realm without Ace. D:

All these injuries ... they are getting explained! And I can't wait to see what Carol's been doing out of sight all this time...

Looking forward to chapter 20. :D
Just Correct chapter 18 . 3/4/2013
Nice chapter. I agree with Cy, this feels more like reading a prequel than an actual flashback, though I think it's supposed to be a prequel with the way it's presented. Really interesting to see Mia trying to obliterate all reality. I do think she could have a wee bit more page time to really cement that anguish in. Admittedly, I was laughing at the "garden of blood-soaked spines." So do all possessed Anomalies always talk like a cliche superhero comic villain? Even though these guys are the "pillars" with their powers at peak, it really says something when they're getting toasted by the Alpha Anomaly.

I like that Domino decided against his age to risk his life. He may not have been earliest Anomaly, but he gets to wield the first Affinity Arm, which would be, I guess, mandatory now because of incidents like this. I'm curious what Excalibur can do. The name has a lot going for it so it's definitely going to do some significant work.

Meanwhile... Ace is in bed playing GBA. He has no clue... But just how does he end up with Eclipse, I wonder? Also, I don't like this chauffeur. Watching these things of the past play out is hard, knowing what the outcome is and all. You know, kinda like loosing your attorney's badge. D:
Ynnej chapter 18 . 2/26/2013
Damn ... I kinda wished Mia killed Slade during her fury. (Yes, I know there won't be a story if that was so. But the damn bastard! D:)

The scene of Lee, Hieshi, Amara and Tammy returning to Ace was greatly executed. Poor, neglected Ace. Poor others for not being able to say anything and for being burdened with such a responsibility. And d'aaw ... Tammy and Ace at the end. D'aaw.

Leila was a dancing drunk? Whoa. Didn't expect that. lol

AND LOL, Hieshi. You've been giving him the best one-liners. "... does that mean no one trusts me?" Oh, maaan.

And aaah, so that's how Domino becomes an Anomaly. Much respect to him for going into battle right after his agonising rebirth.

Looking forward to chapter 19!
Cy chapter 18 . 2/25/2013
Wow. What an intense chapter. I believe I've mentioned this before, but reading these chapters about the past feels more like reading a prequel novel rather than a flashback. I also really like seeing past events moving together, like the Scofields and the Lowells about to take the final flight of their lives, and the reason why they died. It's also an interesting feeling watching the eventually extremely powerful gods getting their butts kicked by essentially DNM-X on crack.

I'm really looking forward to reading the next chapter and seeing what Domino and the Excalibur can do. I'm also rather curious about what will happen to George. Perhaps he will be proof of why it's risky for a 30 person to attempt the transformation... I mean, other than the obvious fact that Domino would be dead if he weren't a Flora anomaly.
Ray Kamiya chapter 18 . 2/22/2013
wow man this is getting rather epic
171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »